Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deities that can grant wishes? (Merged Topics)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deities that can grant wishes? (Merged Topics)

i'd like to know if there any..
    Last edited by Juniper; 22 Jun 2013, 16:04. Reason: merged three topics about the same subject

Re: deities that can grant wishes?

Originally posted by utopia View Post
    i'd like to know if there any..
    Sorry I don't know any gods / goddesses that tend to act like Genies or Djinn's. From Sagas, Edda's, tales, fables, etc when they do it usually involves a great quest the practitioner or devote has to undertake. I can't think of any where a god / goddess simply fills a wish, especially from the Kemetic or Hellenic gods / goddesses.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

has anyone worked with loki or eris?

Comment

thanks for replying.. hmm i might have to use a demon.

Comment

One thing I'm going to say is that asking for wishes is essentially asking for something for free. And nothing ever comes for free. Wishes rarely turn out to be what you wanted them to be. Equal exchange is important, which is why we make offerings or do tasks for deities, so that there's an equal exchange when we work with them or get their guidance. Pretty much every culture has fables about why looking for wishes doesn't work out.
          Rather than changing who you seek your wishes from, maybe reevaluate why you're trying to get the wish for free and see if you can't find a way to work toward whatever that goal is.
          My Tumblr
          My Webcomic
          My Twitter

Comment

Even a demon or daemon is going to demand a price for granting a wish. Especially considering the level of wish and does it require a Prince or higher or can something as limited as a Larva do it. Considering that a Genie or Djinn is not a demon your dealing with something entirely different. Bound yes, demon not typically.

Comment

But don't forget.... be careful what you wish for.... you might get it.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Re: has anyone worked with loki or eris?

Are you looking for something in particular? It's a very broad question you're asking and I find it would be pretty hard to answer without some sort of direction. Especially since Loki and Eris are from two different pantheons.
                “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

from what I have heard from my Pagan friends (and well, second hand reporting here :P ) working with Loki can be very dangerous, as Loki enjoys chaos, and trustworthiness is not his forte.

Edit: Basically, they've had some bad experiences.
                  Last edited by Malflick; 17 Jun 2013, 11:29. Reason: clarity
                  hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

As a Demonolator and someone whose entire spiritual path revolves around working with Demons - your statement is a bit confrontational. I note that you said "use" a Demon - like any deities or Divine Being, a Demon is not a tool to be "used". Granted, my definition of a Demon is far from that of the lay person, but to "use" any spiritual being for something to "grant wishes" sounds rather childish to me - and disrespectful.

Comment

No self-respecting Demon will grant a wish without something in return, and even then, it's only some of the Goetic Demons who do 'wishes'. Generally Demons make you work for your supper, moreso than many other deities. They also don't really do the Divine Answering Machine, so unless you are willing to form a lasting relationship with them, I wouldn't bother.

Of course, if you plan to use the Key of Solomon style forcible conjuring and binding you're likely to get yourself hurt. The ceremonial magicians of old only pulled that off after years of training and even then it didn't always work - that's where the horror stories come from. Even with the cosmic groove of the seals and triangles, you need to be a powerful magician to forcibly conjure and bind an entity of that level. Would you try to conjure and bind Zeus? I don't recommend this method. Apart from the fact that it's terribly disrespectful, if you aren't skilled enough to pull it off the Demon you've just conjured may well decide to take retribution. Personally I wouldn't blame Them.

Comment

Given you asked about Loki and Eris, can I assume you're looking for a Trickster deity who likes to spread havoc?

And considering you mentioned Demons in your other post can I assume you're looking to flirt with chthonic, 'dark' deities?

Exactly what are you looking for here? We may be able to give better advice if we know what you really want.

Comment

This is off topic but I think appropriate to it.

Utopia, are you the same Utopia that has been going through the various boards asking about wishes and such? I most recently ran across you on the Occult Corpus board asking about the same thing (wishes) but in conjunction with Hecate / Hekate & Lilith being the source you were asking about granting wishes. Which strikes me as odd considering that Lilith is a Lilitu Demon and Hecate / Hekate in her Chaldean persona dispatches daemons to reward or punish humanity. Even odder is the fact you seem to think that simply by making an offering they will do as you desire because you made the offering.

ON topic

I do agree with Rae'ya in that the Greater and Lessor Keys of Solomon require one of considerable training and skill to be used as the old grimores and archaic tales speak. Though I have to admit seldom do they speak of the second who is always present to aid the conjuror in creating the signs, sigils and boundary markings.

Comment

If you want to work with Loki, it's generally a sign that it's a bad plan.
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[QUOTE=monsno_leedra;99798]This is off topic but I think appropriate to it.

Utopia, are you the same Utopia that has been going through the various boards asking about wishes and such? I most recently ran across you on the Occult Corpus board asking about the same thing (wishes) but in conjunction with Hecate / Hekate & Lilith being the source you were asking about granting wishes. Which strikes me as odd considering that Lilith is a Lilitu Demon and Hecate / Hekate in her Chaldean persona dispatches daemons to reward or punish humanity. Even odder is the fact you seem to think that simply by making an offering they will do as you desire because you made the offering.

LOL yep

Comment

Working...
                              X