Re: Things that make you LOL!

Christianity Strikes Again

sigpic

Comment

[4:82]

Comment

omg omg omg...no food chicken... i died.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          omg omg omg...no food chicken... i died.
          The octopus part was hilarious!

Comment

This is so true.
            182576_10151861204870305_493422988_n.jpg

Comment

I asked my boyfriend what time his dentist appointment is tomorrow. He replied casually 'two thirty'. I almost burst a gut laughing. He didn't get the joke though so I ended up having to explain it to him. Bless.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                I asked my boyfriend what time his dentist appointment is tomorrow. He replied casually 'two thirty'. I almost burst a gut laughing. He didn't get the joke though so I ended up having to explain it to him. Bless.
                lol thats great.... i must now make all dental appointments at Tooth-irty. XD
                "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

So I am a horrible person, and my next few hundred lifetimes will no doubt be spent as slime molds or cockroaches...

but...

5 drunk deaf guys stuck in an elevator is funny. I don't care who you are. That was frikkin' hilarious this morning.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Random useless bit of information: I am multilingual, fluent in English, Greek and Danish. I do the same thing as many others who speak more than one language, you just read the words and understand them without really noticing they are in a different language the every other word on the page as you understand it. Result? Me snorting with laughter and getting weird looks from everyone else having only just realized thalassa's thingie just above her avatar is in Greek. I mean I have only just noticed that, about twenty seconds ago.

Thal - Θάλασσα μάγισσα είναι φοβερό

Comment

Vαι αυτή είναι!

Sorry. I just couldn't resist.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Random useless bit of information: I am multilingual, fluent in English, Greek and Danish. I do the same thing as many others who speak more than one language, you just read the words and understand them without really noticing they are in a different language the every other word on the page as you understand it. Result? Me snorting with laughter and getting weird looks from everyone else having only just realized thalassa's thingie just above her avatar is in Greek. I mean I have only just noticed that, about twenty seconds ago.

I haven't reached this point yet with my second language. I'm fascinated at how the script is becoming more and more familiar and I am starting to understand the wall posts of my Japanese friends on FB, when a year ago, I'd have really struggled. That's a fun feeling. But I definitely know it is kana/kanji I am reading.

Sometimes I can't recall a word in English and the Japanese one pops into my head. When that happens, I can give up all hope of recalling the English (happened with German too, but I've quit studying that for the time being).

A few days ago, someone showed me a purse she'd been given, that had Japanese writing in a speech bubble. She asked me what it said and I stupidly replied, 'hora!' As though simply reading it into Japanese would be of any use to her. It never occured to me that she meant for me to translate it. It's good to be able to lol at yourself!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          A few days ago, someone showed me a purse she'd been given, that had Japanese writing in a speech bubble. She asked me what it said and I stupidly replied, 'hora!' As though simply reading it into Japanese would be of any use to her. It never occured to me that she meant for me to translate it. It's good to be able to lol at yourself!

I LOVE that, Jemma! My sarcastic nature would have me doing that on purpose, if I knew the language.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                            I LOVE that, Jemma! My sarcastic nature would have me doing that on purpose, if I knew the language.
                            I do something similar. If someone says, 'say something in Japanese', I'll reply, 'nanika', which literally means 'something'.

Comment

A picture from facebook that I saw on tumblr today.

First poster asks, "What if girls had apostrophes instead of periods?"
                              Next person responds, "Then they'd be even more possessive and prone to contractions."
                              Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

I chuckled mightily.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X