Anxiety, is there a magical answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anxiety, is there a magical answer?

I have not been diagnosed, but I'm certain I have some form of anxiety disorder, because I've had some pretty bad and some minor panic attacks over the years, and although I haven't had an attack in some time, I still feel anxious much of the time. One esoteric solution I found was aromatherapy, and invented an oil blend to help me. Add the following essential oils to 1/8 cup jojoba or other carrier oil: 7 drops lavender, 5 drops rosemary, 5 drops patchouli, 2 drops jasmine, 2 drops rose, and 1/4 tsp. true vanilla extract. Swirl the container gently around to mix. When ready to use, rub some on the hands and around the mouth. Inhale the fragrance, and if you like you may pray, "Gracious Goddess rest my head, the anxiety I felt shall now be dead." That's what I say, anyway.

Also helpful are warm baths with herbs and oils added for relaxation, passion flower and chamomile teas (blend these with a bit of valerian root if you have trouble sleeping), diluted frankincense essential oil applied to the bottom of the big toe (this is where oils are most easily absorbed into the body), and (I Cannot Stress This Enough) Grounding. Learn a grounding exercise that works for you and use it at least once daily, if not two or three times. Grounding is important because it connects your aura to that of the Earth. Keeping yourself grounded in this way allows excess energy (anxiety, in this case) to flow out of your body and into the Earth where it will be recycle as She sees fit.

Grounding, breathing exercises, quiet meditation, and shielding exercises are the best spiritual/magical exercises I know of that will help keep anxiety at bay. And, as mentioned, mindfulness is the most important.
    Last edited by Clive; 02 Jul 2013, 12:00. Reason: spelling error
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
    X