religion in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: religion in space

While I agree with many here that cerain religious beliefs would survive very easily in space, the idea does make me wonder about earth or nature based faiths. Would such people take little Oak groves with them to grow in their ships? Would they worship the sun as a distant star, whose light they never really benefit from? It really would be revolutionary for those who are attached to earthly phenomena. However, who's to say that the colonists of some new planet wouldn't simply worship the earth-like features of that planet? I think there is room for the survival of such nature-based traditions.
    If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

religion in space

[quote author=Yazichestvo link=topic=741.msg18913#msg18913 date=1291188020]
      While I agree with many here that cerain religious beliefs would survive very easily in space, the idea does make me wonder about earth or nature based faiths. Would such people take little Oak groves with them to grow in their ships? Would they worship the sun as a distant star, whose light they never really benefit from? It really would be revolutionary for those who are attached to earthly phenomena. However, who's to say that the colonists of some new planet wouldn't simply worship the earth-like features of that planet? I think there is room for the survival of such nature-based traditions.
      [/quote]

I agree as long as a religion as the ability to morph and become applicable to its followers then it will have followers. however i do find the image of
      wiccans in space worshipping father heating system and mother hydroponics lab mildly humerous
      But mummy the other religions dont have to 'an it harm none'

Comment

Working...
      X