Brigid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brigid

So I'm starting to think I may want to follow Brigid. I have never worked in magic before (though I do meditate), however, I do want to either perform some kind of ritual or something to show Brigid my interest in her. What would be some good ideas to start with something like that?

Also if there's any alternate advice that anyone has regarding her, please feel free to share anything.

Re: Brigid

I'm also interested! Brigid is just about the only Celtic goddess I've ever felt that drawn to (plus she's also st Brigid, which helps line up with my fundamentalist Christian husband! -making links-)
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Study the Three Cauldrons and Bards (Irish poets), I may be wrong, but I think she has a lot to do with these. Taking a deeper look into Irish poetry, music and cultural healing methods might serve your purposes well, being that Brigid is a patron of these arts.

Comment

Originally posted by PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos View Post
        Study the Three Cauldrons and Bards (Irish poets), I may be wrong, but I think she has a lot to do with these. Taking a deeper look into Irish poetry, music and cultural healing methods might serve your purposes well, being that Brigid is a patron of these arts.
        I haven't heard about the Three Cauldrons and Bards, so I'll look that up. As for cultural healing methods, that's something I haven't considered either, so I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Any other suggestions, anyone?

Comment

Well, doing lot's of research is a good start like the others said. Maybe Burn a candle in her honor even carve symbols associated with such as her cross, maybe burn incense. I like using Celtic blend resin incense personally. And then of course the tried and true method is just vocalizing your intention, especially if you decide to burn a candle in her honor since that would be a great time to meditate and focus.

Comment

She's an interesting lady. Scotland (and Ireland too) is full of stories of her, often paired with the Cailleach. This website is fantastic for exploring: http://www.tairis.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
            X