Non-Alcoholic "Alocholic" drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Alcoholic "Alocholic" drinks

I'm a teetotaler, so I'm always looking for non-alcoholic recipes and brands I can drink on special occasions with my friends, who are not teetotalers. Sparkling grape juice and cider are always classics, but I've been looking into things like non-alcoholic mead, and while I'm going to just try some recipes, I was wondering if anyone else had any that they knew worked before I made something disgusting on accident XD.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: Non-Alcoholic "Alocholic" drinks

This is actually something I'd be interested in. Since I came of age I haven't touched alcohol and some of the drinks sound interesting, but I don't want to risk drinking the actual alcohol part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
      This is actually something I'd be interested in. Since I came of age I haven't touched alcohol and some of the drinks sound interesting, but I don't want to risk drinking the actual alcohol part of it.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one here ^_^.

I found this mead recipe, but as I said, haven't made it:
      Here is an easy recipe for a non alcoholic mead. It is easy to make and ready in 30 minutes.

Comment

My favorites are non-alcoholic mojitos, virgin daiquiris, and virgin bloody marys (add extra tabasco to keep it from just being tomato juice lol)

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          My favorites are non-alcoholic mojitos, virgin daiquiris, and virgin bloody marys (add extra tabasco to keep it from just being tomato juice lol)
          I will have to figure out how to make those...

Comment

They're all really easy. When I make them, I just leave out the booze. So, a non-alcoholic mojito is basically crushed mint and brown sugar topped off with sparkling water, a virgin bloody mary is tomato juice with tabasco and pepper, and a virgin daiquiri is a fruit slushy lol.

"Mocktails" are very in right now, and I think Pinterest yields especially good results on these. Most Pinterest users are women of child-bearing years, so there are a lot of pregnant users sharing things you can drink while you're pregnant. However, that doesn't mean you have to be preggars to enjoy them!

Comment

oooooooo...... I will have to make these things. !!! Thank you DanieMarie!

Comment

Imagine drinking with alcohol..... I just don't think I could do it!!! But I'll take your recipies, and raise them a shot of vodka :P
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I would recommend the Virgin Mary. Blood Mary are one of my favorite drinks and the variations are endless. A Bloody Mary is mostly tomato juice, vodka, spices, Worcestershire sauce, and a lemon twist. Leave out the vodka and you have yourself a Virgin Mary. But again, if you search the web you will find countless variations of ingredients and proportions.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    Imagine drinking with alcohol..... I just don't think I could do it!!! But I'll take your recipies, and raise them a shot of vodka :P

Without* haha ^ that so ain't me!
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                      I'm glad I'm not the only one here ^_^.

I found this mead recipe, but as I said, haven't made it:
                      http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/a...ead-recipe.htm
                      I've only made alcoholic mead, but I just wanted to input that, that website is GREAT for meads, so that recipe you posted is probably amazing.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        I would recommend the Virgin Mary. Blood Mary are one of my favorite drinks and the variations are endless. A Bloody Mary is mostly tomato juice, vodka, spices, Worcestershire sauce, and a lemon twist. Leave out the vodka and you have yourself a Virgin Mary. But again, if you search the web you will find countless variations of ingredients and proportions.
                        Thank you Clive! That's super helpful. I hear about these drinks a lot, but having no idea which ones can and can't be made without alcohol its hard to know where to start. I'll add this to my list !

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        I've only made alcoholic mead, but I just wanted to input that, that website is GREAT for meads, so that recipe you posted is probably amazing.
                        Excellent! Its hard to know what websites are legit, so I'm glad their other recipes are good! I'll let you know how making it goes!

Comment

Definitely interested in this. Preggo now so I can't have alcohol, but I really love having a mixed drink or wine with dinner every now and then... must find other options...
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                            Definitely interested in this. Preggo now so I can't have alcohol, but I really love having a mixed drink or wine with dinner every now and then... must find other options...
                            I'm still learning about mixed drinks, but I am a fine connoisseur of sparkling juice and ciders. You should be able to find all sorts of varieties. Welches is the most common one, and is actually pretty good especially if you like a sweeter taste. St. Julian's is less sweet and higher quality, but a bit more expensive.

Comment

I will have to cook up that non alcoholic mead! Thanks for the recipe malflick!

This will be great for when I wanna get my mead on, without the effects of getting my mead on.

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized this will taste nothing like original mead, kind of should of known that I guess.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.