Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the strangest things you have Googled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the strangest things you have Googled?

Alright, with Camp NaNoWriMo finally here, I thought I would start this thread.

The question is in the title. What is/are the strangest thing(s) you have Googled? This can also include things that may get you in trouble with the law/Government.

I know I'll be posting plenty here!

"If you pierce a bat's wing, is there blood?"

and I ended up getting results for Vampire Bats and Bed Bugs. Whoop. And I didn't get the answer to my question! (Can someone answer for me? xD)

"How to break into a safe"

"Strongest human punch"

"Smallest bomb that can kill"

"Most lethal poison"

"Fastest lethal poison"

And a personal favorite:

"Health benefits in drinking blood"

Re: What are the strangest things you have Googled?

"quickest way to remove an eyeball"
    "over head roman toga prayer"

and my search for the anarchist cookbook that one time counts for a government watchlist in some places, so there you go!
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

'Buddhist vampires'
      'how to make homemade hallucinogens'
      'how make a homemade tattoo gun' (and ink)
      'hitman instructional book'
      'scientology and extraterrestrials'
      'vampires and extraterrestrials'
      'how to attain super human powers'
      'dragonball z spirituality'

I'll stop now before someone decides to put me in a loony bin.

Comment

oh god well,

'zombie apocalpyse survivale guide'
        'how do a nucleur bomb work'
        'how to make thermite'
        'anachists cook book'
        'Us army improvised weapons Feild manual'
        'how to make flash bangs'
        'how to make smoke grenades'
        'recipe for gun powder'
        'where to buy pottasium nitrate'
        'where can i get pure ammonium from' -that one was for my fish tank i swear
        'how to pick a lock'
        'where can i buy a lockpick kit'

ummmm yeah........ im gunna go hide now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
          oh god well,

'zombie apocalpyse survivale guide'
          'how do a nucleur bomb work'
          'how to make thermite'
          'anachists cook book'
          'Us army improvised weapons Feild manual'
          'how to make flash bangs'
          'how to make smoke grenades'
          'recipe for gun powder'
          'where to buy pottasium nitrate'
          'where can i get pure ammonium from' -that one was for my fish tank i swear
          'how to pick a lock'
          'where can i buy a lockpick kit'

ummmm yeah........ im gunna go hide now.
          Dude you are soooo being watched by multiple government agencies......!
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I googles 'Pet lovers forum'. The first and second results were forums for beastality....... I was talking about people who like pets, not people who have.... That thing with them!
            Overt optimism and overt cynicism are both equally horrendous to my senses. Having a perfectly balanced view of the world only slightly less so. By goddess have an opinion, but kindly avoid blaring it like a wide-eyed idealist or a suicidal Goth.

Comment

There's been so much I don't even know if I remember
              multiple searches related to vampires and blood, where to get it, health benefits and dangers of it's consumption
              some pretty interesting things when I was learning necromancy, which very little had to actually do with magic
              legality & morality of cannibalism
              moral nihilism (and every other kind of nihilism for that matter. This is on the list because of the implications for someone who thinks morals don't exist)
              test for psychopathy
              test for sociopathy
              test for DID (dissotitive identity disorder aka multiple personalities)
              intimidation tactics
              how to make people do what you want
              ingredients for humans (I got curious to the full metal alchemist scene where he lists the components to humans. He's mostly wrong btw)
              torture techniques and machines (several searches for anal impalement and crucifixion)
              How to lie
              videos of executions and suicides (curiosity and my dark streak. Mexican gangs love to video their killings and subsequent dismemberment)
              household poisons
              Circe

Comment

I'm about to Google "humane glue trap" because I can't get rid of these freaking mice for anything, and I'm sure the glue traps would work, but I can't come up with a plan after "mouse sticks to trap" that doesn't leave me wincing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                  I'm about to Google "humane glue trap" because I can't get rid of these freaking mice for anything, and I'm sure the glue traps would work, but I can't come up with a plan after "mouse sticks to trap" that doesn't leave me wincing.
                  If the glue has a solvent that isn't abrasive then you could unstuck them with that and put them in a box or something. There's also those box traps, some food inside then they close when they get inside.
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                    Try wearing leather gloves and pulling em off. I always had to get plastic bags and clean my mothers not so humane mouse traps when I was little cause I thought they were cute and not scary... I handled alot of dead rodents... and some (yay!) alive ones... whom I promptly freed into the mailbox... (I will also mention that I was 6 and thought it would make a good mouse home, I prolly gave my grandmother a few heart attacks!)

/end derail

- - - Updated - - -

Corvus your list made me laugh at the FMA refrence! My husband and I both were able to correct him as he listed it!

- - - Updated - - -

The strangest thing I have googled is Goats, for Dumuzi, so i can spam chat

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I don't really keep track of things I've googled. I mean, seriously, hundreds of thousands of things, over the years. To try and decide which of them are strange, and list them is nigh impossible. However, there is a search or four that I look back on and ask myself why. Like, did I "really" need to look up something as disturbing as 'blue waffle', for instance?

(For those that don't already know and just can't resist - be forewarned: DON'T DO IT!! Besides, it's pretty much NSFW.)

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                        I don't really keep track of things I've googled. I mean, seriously, hundreds of thousands of things, over the years. To try and decide which of them are strange, and list them is nigh impossible. However, there is a search or four that I look back on and ask myself why. Like, did I "really" need to look up something as disturbing as 'blue waffle', for instance?

(For those that don't already know and just can't resist - be forewarned: DON'T DO IT!! Besides, it's pretty much NSFW.)
                        Oh yeah... I googled that one... and chain is soooo right... don't do it.... ESPECIALLY not at work!!!!!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

I should have said: NSFW, not safe for school. Not safe for libraries, living rooms or even the privacy of ones closet.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                            I should have said: NSFW, not safe for school. Not safe for libraries, living rooms or even the privacy of ones closet.
                            Or anyones eyes... cause it is not a tasty breakfast treat like the name suggests...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                              Dude you are soooo being watched by multiple government agencies......!

It was all legitimate research i swear.......

well some of it was personal interest..........

Actually a lot of it became personal interest after the initial research.

oh damn it. Hi MI 5, Hi NSA, CIA and other wierd acroynym peoples. im not a sociopathic terrorist i swear.

Quick Dumuzi Run their on to us. we gotta hide before the realise we've been smuggling explosives in goats :P

HAHAH blue waffle best thing ever to get people to google while they are eating hahahha

Comment

Working...
                              X