Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam

Hello everybody!
    I would like to ask for your opinion, please help me!
    I live in Israel, and almost every year the Arab citizens of Gaza attack us with their rockets, throw stones at our soldiers and damage many lives.
    In addition they state that they represent the Islam. I can't understand it. Every religion has to bring peace, but not terror.
    How can they cause so much terror to Jew-citizens and non-Jews and say they represent the Islam by doing this?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Islam

This is a hard question to answer.

As I am not, nor have I ever been a citizen of Isreal or any of the surrounding nations, all I can offer is an opinion based on information I have gathered from afar. The best I can say is look to history.
    If the people in Gaza feel like they are oppressed (this is a hot button issue for your area, so I will try not to say too much thats touchy.) They are going to fight, and people are often caught up in the middle when anyone is fighting over anything. Peoples have been going to war in that area as long as we have had history to record it. I think the best you can do is work for peace. Find out why they feel like they need to fight, and try to help make peace. I don't think it will solve the problem, but every tiny drop of water in the ocean matters.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I am not going to touch the specifics of this topic with a 15 mile pole. I haven't and don't currently intend to do the research to speak well on it.

I will say that killing in the name of the LoH is not a new phenomena. People have been pulling it for a very long time with varying amounts of justification. Sometimes, they fight to defend themselves or others and sometimes they butcher the weak. Depends on the person and circumstances. The Loh just happens to be a popular Power to claim that one is going to war in service of.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Hello everybody!
        I would like to ask for your opinion, please help me!
        I live in Israel, and almost every year the Arab citizens of Gaza attack us with their rockets, throw stones at our soldiers and damage many lives.
        In addition they state that they represent the Islam. I can't understand it. Every religion has to bring peace, but not terror.
        How can they cause so much terror to Jew-citizens and non-Jews and say they represent the Islam by doing this?
        Quick answer: it's not Islam. It's not even religion. It's age-old retaliation for being thrown out of their homes, having their sons and husbands taken away and their lives relegated to such poverty that animals are cared about, far more compassionately.

Long answer: Blame the U.S...

Correct answer: Politics and religion not only make strange bedfellows, they can even expand, infect and otherwise pervert dozens of sovereign peoples and their countries. Double standards, hypocrisy, lies and other forms of disinformation are all de rigueur, when it comes to policies, media and even the actual vehemence with which people ignore what's happening in their own home, while drawing attention to their neighbors. Once we've blended that, so seamlessly, into our culture - where hate, oppression and blame all share top billing - it's a nigh impossible road to peace, without someone's rights being wholly disregarded, not just violated. The sooner people learn that "compromise" also means they have to give up something, too (not just the other side, giving everything up), the sooner they can demand that behavior from their governments. And the sooner people can start to learn to live NEAR people that are different and have different values and beliefs. All of which goes well beyond the atrocities surrounding Gaza, and the like. It goes to the hearts of PEOPLE, blackened by hate. And greedy infidels looking to make a dollar off the conflict.

IMO, of course.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
        X