This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parental rights

And with one paragraph, Monster owns the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Thothur View Post
      When you take the middle of the road, you tend to get hit by cars going both ways.

I said nothing about people having the freedom to kill their children. You seem to want the freedom to obliterate people's rights based upon what YOU think is best. That's a dangerous road to walk down. Your post, and others, are filled with quite a few false assumptions. No one is killing anyone. You are going about this the entirely incorrect way because you seem to be emotionally involved in it somehow.
      LOL - you, sir, are a major ass.

This entire thread is about people killing their children. Please read to original post.

And yes, I admit to the total shame of caring about children, and child abuse.

I could say the same thing, were I so inclined. Legend in your own mind much there, B? Sorry, I don't mean that offensively. But you seem to think that you know what's best for everyone, and are willing to put people at gunpoint to have your beliefs enforced. But it's by proxy. You and people like you don't even have the huevos to do it yourself.
      When have we ever met? What do you know of me? Would it surprise you to find out that I have no trouble pointing a gun at somebody's head to prevent them from harming a child?

P.S. you are being intentionally offensive, even with your little kiss-ass disclaimer, so don't imagine you're fooling anyone here... ("I suspect that you are somewhat used to strongarming people with your pseudo-intellect. I'm also sorry to report that it won't work here..." When I see something from you that is other than bullying, and insult, and pseudo-intellect, and juvenile black/white distinctions, I'll start taking you seriously).

Well, that was unnecessarily uncouth and highly presumptive. But then again that's typically what happens when people operate from a point of emotion. There is no real debate when something is a hot button for someone, just endless back and forth swordplay.
      Get off your high horse. "Uncouth"? "Presumptive"? It's what YOU said...

Are you even trying to be coherent, or do you just figure if you have enough attitude you can say whatever you want without getting called out on it?

Whenever you decide that you'd actually like to debate this issue with facts, and not just engage in endless emotional mental masterbation, I'll be here.
      No thanks. I think you've indulged in enough public masterbation for the lot of us...

- - - Updated - - -

And with one paragraph, Monster owns the thread.
      In his (and your) imagination.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ah, I see how this works B. The sky is pink with purple polkadots because you say it is and want it to be. Gotcha boss. If I wasn't laughing so hard, I might type a more in depth reply. But what's the use, it's not like I'd chip through the adamantium...

Comment

Ah, I see how this works B. The sky is pink with purple polkadots because you say it is and want it to be. Gotcha boss. If I wasn't laughing so hard, I might type a more in depth reply. But what's the use, it's not like I'd chip through the adamantium...
          My feelings about you, exactly.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

As they said in Watership Down, "Great Frith In A Pond!!!" LOL
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              LOL - you, sir, are a major ass.

Dost thou not suspect my place? Dost thou not suspect my years? O that he were here to write me down an ass! but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass. No, thou villain, thou art full of piety, as shall be proved upon thee by good witness. I am a wise fellow; and, which is more, an officer; and, which is more, a householder; and, which is more, as pretty a piece of flesh as any in Messina; and one that knows the law, go to; and a rich fellow enough, go to; and a fellow that hath had losses; and one that hath two gowns, and everything handsome about him. Bring him away. O that I had been writ down an ass!

Comment

Enough.
                In the tossing around of less than complimentary titles, people have forgotten three important facts.

1) PaganForum is a privately owned dictatorship that members are guests in.
                2) Directly insulting each other is not considered permissible by the benevolent overlords of this site.
                3) I am a tyrant that will happily end threads without warning.

This discussion is dead. Have a nice evening.

- - - Updated - - -

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X