Goddess Amaunet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddess Amaunet

I am linked with Amaunet, the Egyptian Goddess of the air and sky. She is the Northern wind and the hidden one. I have visited all the site on-line under her name and they all have the same limited description of her.

Does anyone here have any further information? Or know where there is a site that encompasses more about her.

She is helping me already and is teaching me a lot. But I wish I knew more.

Re: Goddess Amaunet

Beyond what you've mentioned, Amunet is a member of the Ogdoad, one of the eight primal deities in one version of the creation that the ancient Egyptians had. (There were several creation myths.) As a goddess of the Ogdoad, she's associated with snakes. Unfortunately, there's rarely a lot of information on the goddesses because they were often basically just the feminine forms of the gods of the Ogdoad - Amunet is the feminine form (consort) of Amun... Amunet's name is literally just Amun given a feminine ending. Looking into the Ogdoad and their myth, as well as studying Amun can help when learning about Amunet.

Also, if you haven't seen this site, it does have a bit more information on some of her functions and associations.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Thank you Gardenia. That site is just what I was looking for and I have learned much more. I appreciate your post and have bookmarked the site. It's funny, I have never been into anything Egyptian. I had an astral dream in Egypt, and Amauntet, walked with me and told me I was of the air. I always thought I was more water powered. Then she said I had always been air, then water second. She laughed and said, " don't you remember the flying dreams when you were little!" and I do.

I still fly through the astral but not as much due to bipolar meds I have to take. I would like to talk to her again in a dream and see her. She was beautiful, with long dark hair And wore a purple gown and sandals. I am talking to her in my head.

Is there any way in particular of Egyptian ritual that I may reach her. Although I know she is already with me.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewind View Post
        Is there any way in particular of Egyptian ritual that I may reach her.
        I don't personally know of any that would be specific to her, though you might be able to find some surviving rituals, prayers, etc. for her with a bit of digging. You might also look a bit into Egyptian rituals and such in general, and include some of that into your own practice. If nothing else, getting an understanding of the culture she was worshiped in might give you a bit more insight into her, too.
        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
        X