Ask a Psychic Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask a Psychic Vampire

Yeah, just gonna come right out and admit it. I have a flawed energy system and have to take energy from external sources in order to maintain my physical and mental health. It is a need and ability that I come by naturally, but a skill that I must consciously think about to avoid running low or accidentally draining strangers.
    TL;DR: I am a psychic vampire.

I figure, since there's no "Metaphysics" board, this is the best place to discuss a topic like this. And since the internet is full of "how to avoid the evil psychic predators" pages, a great community like PF could use a little information on the topic.

So fire away, and I'll explain things the best I can from my limited experience and experimentation.
    Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Re: Ask a Psychic Vampire

Can you explain what an Psychic vampire does? how did you know you was one and what happens if you dont drain someone? ive never heard of this before apart from an episode of south park, but i thought it was just some twilight joke, so im intrested to hear what it is.

Comment

Why do you think you are a psychic vampire? Do you need more energy than others? Were you born with low energy levels or do you feel that something/someone has depleted them?
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Do you only take energy from willing participants and if not, what do you think separates you from those " evil predators". Or do you even separate yourself from them?

An extreme example but: A lioness has to catch and kill the gazelle to survive, but she is still called a predator.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hello fellow psychic vamp. Which method do you use and which did you use first? (Head, hands, heart/ tendrils/group feeding)
          Circe

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg11706#msg11706 date=1289432031]
            Hello fellow psychic vamp. Which method do you use and which did you use first? (Head, hands, heart/ tendrils/group feeding)
            [/quote]

Group feeding? ???

Mostly art.

Comment

Here's an educational link

Its under feeding techniques
              Circe

Comment

Wow, that's more responses than I expected right away! Okay, let's dive right in

[quote author=Stoph link=topic=751.msg11586#msg11586 date=1289410388]
                Can you explain what an Psychic vampire does? how did you know you was one and what happens if you dont drain someone? ive never heard of this before apart from an episode of south park, but i thought it was just some twilight joke, so im intrested to hear what it is.
                [/quote]

I'm going to assume we're all familiar with the concept of "energy" as it applies to metaphysics and magical workings. Everyone has a certain amount of this energy at all times - think of it as your "base level." A PV is someone whose body (or spirit or whatever term you like) is unable to maintain that healthy base level. Either they don't produce enough, or they bleed it off (like a leaky bucket). Consequently, their bodies learn to find another source to draw on. This can be different things for different people - animals, elemental forces, weather, even sexual energy. In my own case, I am particularly attuned to electrical fields, and I find I am able to "recharge" from being close enough to a live current or electronic device. Also people.
                If a PV abstains, their energy runs low and one of two things happens. Either they get sick in some way (lethargy, reduced immune system, aches and pains, etc) or, more worrisome, they risk becoming an "unintentional" - someone who reflexively drains those around them without knowing it. This is not only a problem of ethics, it can be a risk to others. Imagine if you work in a hospital or nursing home and you start having a negative effect on the people you treat!

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=751.msg11600#msg11600 date=1289413950]
                Why do you think you are a psychic vampire? Do you need more energy than others? Were you born with low energy levels or do you feel that something/someone has depleted them?
                [/quote]

Well, my rule of thumb with metaphysics is to always doubt it. I'm first and foremost a man of science, so it's understandably difficult to accept this sort of thing sometimes. It took a long time to come to an understanding of my "condition" (for lack of a better term). Here's a few things that influenced me:

-Crowd overload: I've always had a problem with being overwhelmed by large groups of people in high-energy situations. It gets to be too much to bear and I have to shut myself off or get the hell out.
                -Electrical attunement: I learned about being able to draw before I realized it was what evened me out. It was early in my learning about energy, when I was starting to apply the idea to the world around me.
                -Unprompted accusation: long before I realized I was the cause, one of the first metaphysically-minded people I met accused me of vamping our gaming group. He said someone was doing it and figured it was probably me. I denied it, not being aware at the time.
                -Independent verification: When I broached the subject with my wife, her response was "Well duh. You should see yourself sleep in a car when we drive past streetlights."
                -Eerie coincidence: I've killed batteries that were guaranteed for 3 years in under a month just by having a device in my pocket. The light in the hall outside my apartment - the one I walk by exhausted after my work shifts - has been replaced more times than I can count. Things like that.

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=751.msg11623#msg11623 date=1289417653]
                Do you only take energy from willing participants and if not, what do you think separates you from those " evil predators". Or do you even separate yourself from them?

An extreme example but: A lioness has to catch and kill the gazelle to survive, but she is still called a predator.
                [/quote]
                Oh I totally agree, there is a predatory aspect to it. The majority of the community (in my experience) goes by the same code of ethics as the sanguinarian (blood-drinking) folks do, and it's VERY specific about not taking from unwilling or unaware people. "Grazing" on the populace is frowned upon. It's a moral thing.
                As for me personally, because of the electrical thing I don't really need to have a human donor. It'd be much easier, of course. And I admit there's a nice "bleed-off" that comes from folks on the street. But I don't "attack" people, because that's a little... rapey.
                The train to and from work is great. It's got a great big electric engine and lots of people just spewing excess into the air.

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg11706#msg11706 date=1289432031]
                [/quote]

Ooh, getting into the advanced info here. I used to draw primarily through my left hand (most of my metaphysical know-how stems from Scott Cunningham), but I've found that tendrils are super-awesome. Just gotta remember to reel 'em in whenever I walk by someone I don't want to accidentally tap - kids, sick, elderly, and the like. A healthy person in their prime isn't gonna notice if they accidentally get a little bitty drain, but a 90-year-old with a bad heart needs all they got!
                Also, hi! Please feel free to jump in and answer or expand on anything I haven't covered. I have done a little community research, but I'm no scholarly expert.

Comment

OH AND ANOTHER THING
                  As a man of science, I fully recognize that this condition may be psychosomatic. That in no way changes how I deal with it.

Comment

[quote author=CttCJim link=topic=751.msg11776#msg11776 date=1289440060]
                    OH AND ANOTHER THING
                    As a man of science, I fully recognize that this condition may be psychosomatic. That in no way changes how I deal with it.
                    [/quote]

+1 for saying that.

Mostly art.

Comment

Here's abunch of websites (I'm no expert either but I'm very advanced)

Let's face it--we've probably all fallen prey to a psychic vampire, possibly without even knowing it. It may have been a chance encounter with an energy predator that left us ...

The Story of Real Vampires by Inanna Arthen ©1988 “Real Vampires”-how can this be anything but a contradiction in terms? We all know about vampires. Stock characters of fiction, guaranteed box-office draws, the media vampire has been familiar to us since childhood. Generally speaking, our blood-suckers appear with a tongue planted firmly in one toothy ... Read more

The last is mostly about psi vamps but has some history
                      Circe

Comment

Do you have any concept of personal energetic shields? If so, how do they interact with your vampirism?

(Example, I maintain a "second skin" of moonlight from my patron Artemis, and it allows only healthful/positive energy to enter into my own energy stew. I too am overwhelmed by crowds, and renewing my shields before I go into such a situation does wonders for my ability to remain self-contained and not empathically pick up everyone's emotions.)

Comment

How do you feed on electricity? I have no talent with electrical devices they die if I have them too long but doing on purpose seems beyond me -_- I can feed on anything alive from people to plants, fungus to insects but electricity I cannot work well with. Maybe because I haven't developed it? I think I'm specialized to bio-energy.
                          Circe

Comment

[quote author=Gwen link=topic=751.msg11822#msg11822 date=1289453499]
                            Do you have any concept of personal energetic shields? If so, how do they interact with your vampirism?

(Example, I maintain a "second skin" of moonlight from my patron Artemis, and it allows only healthful/positive energy to enter into my own energy stew. I too am overwhelmed by crowds, and renewing my shields before I go into such a situation does wonders for my ability to remain self-contained and not empathically pick up everyone's emotions.)
                            [/quote]

Well, i do the same sort of shielding anyone else does. The difference is that my shield only completely blocks things if i focus, otherwise it starts picking up whatever it hits like a metaphysical katamari
                            okay not quite like that. but it sponges a lot.
                            also, as i mentioned, i do tendril-feeding.. the shield itself extends as "feeding appendages." it makes the connection to a source and begins the drawing.

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg11825#msg11825 date=1289454801]
                            How do you feed on electricity? I have no talent with electrical devices they die if I have them too long but doing on purpose seems beyond me -_- I can feed on anything alive from people to plants, fungus to insects but electricity I cannot work well with. Maybe because I haven't developed it? I think I'm specialized to bio-energy.
                            [/quote]

Heh, plants are beyond me. I've tried, it's like there's a barrier there. It's all about what you, personally, are attuned to. For me, the fields around a current are just easy to tap.
                            My best theory is that I'm doing something to the EM field around a current, and by disrupting it I destabilize things like filaments and cells - the current becomes irregular, hence the burnouts.
                            I have a very very nice surge suppressor on my PC. And a 1000W PSU.

Comment

Just out of curiosity is the outer part of your iris (near the white)darker than the rest of it,except around the pupil?
                              Circe

Comment

Working...
                              X