Name the animal you're most drawn to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name the animal you're most drawn to

this is really more of a survey for just curiosity. name whatever animal you're most drawn to/animal totem/spirit guide you have (I know I might have used the last two incorrectly because I don't know much about them, so I apologize). general or specific.

mine is white tail deer

Re: Name the animal you're most drawn to

Mine would be the crow. They are everywhere where I live. I like to think that they watch out for me as I go about my day. I don't know about them as a totem animal. I think of the crow as a guardian of some sort.

Comment

It's late and I just woke up so hopefully this makes sense.

For me I can't say this one creature as it varies for me. Variations due not only to what I need at that moment or instance in time but also based upon who or what they represent to me.

Mythological wise it has to be either a Dragon or Hydra. I have statuary of them all over the house and around my desk especially. We just moved so a lot of them are still packed up or in storage but they are still there.

Spiritual wise it has to be a White or Snow Leopard though the White Tiger holds a close point to it. I switch back and forth with them. Wolf as a clan and house totem, especially it's association to the water element.

As a guide it has to be Heron as it appears to me everywhere. While I know very few visitations / sittings have any guide meaning just the site of one sends my mind off into thoughts of their tri-sphere interactions.

Totem or divine representative it has to be Deer in general. Where I live it's mostly White Tailed Deer though I find Mule Deer interesting and like Caribou and Moose as examples of the same general grouping type.

Sorry got long winded there.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

A snowy owl is an animal I definitely relate to. I wouldn't call it a spirit guide, because I don't feel I know myself well enough at this point to say that.

Comment

I'm mostly drawn to female homo sapiens.
          [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
            HA! You wouldn't be drawn to me.

Mythological.... Do angels (specifically Archangels) count? If not.. Hm. Tengu.

Otherwise.... Hamsters. Hamsters are amazing. So are Hummingbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
              haha you are getting skanky! HaHa

i have no idea what my animal would be. One day I hope to find out.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Mice, honeybees, rabbits, bears and stags are all sort of 'recurring spiritual themes' for lack of a better term. Hard to pick just one, as they all sort of stick around in the same frequency... not as individual spirit guides or anything, but in a broader sense.
                Hearth and Hedge

Comment

/well i dont know about my animal guide or spirit guide but i can tell you my favourite animal is the european wolf, im obssessed i have tonnes of wolf things, ornaments pictures even towels i love wolves i always have since well before i became pagan

Comment

The resplendent quetzel. You're all shocked by this revelation right?
                    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Hawk and horse.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think my spirit animals are the black bear, stag and cardinal. Cardinals haven't been showing up so much lately, I'm thinking they might be finished with me for now, but the black bear I think will always be a part of my life.

Comment

Sharks, snow leopards, harbor seals, and crows. ^^

Comment

Bears, Raptors, certain whales. Don't really have an overriding preference but I'm fond of each.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I work with animal guides as part of my practice, so you could say I'm drawn to them all. I'm also a vet nurse, so animals are not only my spiritual practice, but my regular job as well.

My primary, lifelong animal guide is Horse. Horse has been with me for as long as I can remember, and will continue to be with me always.

Comment

Working...
                              X