The Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Crash

I looked through and I couldn't find anything about it, so apologies if there is already a thread explaining this and I suck at looking:

What exactly was this legendary crash I hear about so much in these parts?
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: The Crash

The PF you see is not the first PF. Pre-fall of 2010, we had a different site with post history going back at least to 2005. October 2010, the server holding the site went kersplat and forced a rebuild along lines very similar to what you see now.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      The PF you see is not the first PF. Pre-fall of 2010, we had a different site with post history going back at least to 2005. October 2010, the server holding the site went kersplat and forced a rebuild along lines very similar to what you see now.
      Ah, thank you. That explains it!

Comment

Here's something neat to check out:
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          Here's something neat to check out:
          http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.paganforum.com
          Oh wow! This takes me back, not that I was there, but the super old school website layout lol.

And look at ll these articles on the front page.... And the banner ads for Pagan dating and something to do with bluegrass!

Thanks Juniper ! This is indeed very neat. Thanks for linking this!

- - - Updated - - -

Alas, wayback machine didn't archive the threads themselves, but the topic headings for many of those are very interesting! Dumuzi's "Islam is teh cool!!1!" especially XD.

This is a bit fascinating.

Comment

I know, I really wished it had archived the topics
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            Sneak Attack

Comment

Haha in someways I'm glad it didn't, I'm slowly trawling through all the topics on v2.0, and it's time consuming, imaging trawling throu 10 years of stuff! Ahhh
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Muahahah... we had some really good stuff and I'm still kicking myself for not backing up some of my shit. I had blogs and some really good posts about Shamanism. I losteded them all. >.<
                Sneak Attack

Comment

I found one in the heathen board, that some genius saved, about the havermal, I would love to replicate something like that here eventually. It's awesome. Looking forward to finding more gems.

I guess it's a hard lesson that the Internet isn't quite eternal.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

In my own - admittedly limited - experience, the internet is only ever eternal when you don't want it to be....
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                      In my own - admittedly limited - experience, the internet is only ever eternal when you don't want it to be....
                      Ha! Yes, like when the gov't. wants to snoop into someone's emails....
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Kinda like this...

Comment

Exactly! I kind of think that when data disappears, it doesn't really disintegrate. It's like socks in the clothes dryer. They're out there SOMEWHERE.

According to my profile I joined here in 12/10 but I seem to remember some kind of change happening and some threads disappearing. Guess it was tweaked a couple times?
                          sigpic

Comment

It was absolutely admitted after the Verizon scandal that all data on the net is stored. Infinitely. In violation of just about every privacy law we have, not to mention that little thing called the Constitution. Oh well. It's not like anyone ever expects the govt NOT to lie to us, after all. I think folks would have a myocardial infarction if the govt actually told us the truth about something.

Comment

I wonder how boring and/or funny it would be to be the person assigned to sort through a group of people's data? Texts, too.....How many "IDK" and "LOL" 's can you read without going batty?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X