Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to calm down

Hi everyone!
    On the last few days I feel to much negative feelings, so I thought to relax in the evening by spending some time on the seaside.
    What do you think?
    P.S.
    Sorry if I didn't post this idea in the right place.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: A way to calm down

Grounding.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

That works. Also, I like going to the range and shooting for a bit. Or camping. Or going for a hike. Or pretty much anything to get outdoors.

If you don't work out, you should. Working out releases feel good endorphins and helps with depression and things of that nature.

Comment

Shooting calms me, too. I never thought it would, but it's something about the precision & focus.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Shooting calms me, too. I never thought it would, but it's something about the precision & focus.
          Yep. Especially long range shooting. You get into your bubble, and do the same things the same way. Repetition is key.

Comment

I did not fire a real gun until I was in my 50's. Lo and behold to everyone's surprise I'm rarely out of the kill zone.
            sigpic

Comment

I did not fire a real gun until I was in my 50's. Lo and behold to everyone's surprise I'm rarely out of the kill zone.
              Incidentally, I've been shooting virtually all my life. I've even helped teach a few classes. I've found that women are way easier to train than men, especially in the beginning. No ego. Women are unbelieveably good shooters. Usually what they have to work on is hand/wrist strength to manipulate certain autoloaders correctly.

Comment

My shots with a pistol are usually lethal on a man size target and they tend to group relatively well unless I'm distracted or exhausted. Haven't fired a rifle in 10-15 years so I've got no clue how I'd do with one now.

To the OP, find something that either
                1) requires concentration or
                2) is physically strenuous

and do it a lot.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'll pass on the "ego" bait.

I found myself to be a "natural", although not with the hand I write with. Also a bit of a surprise was that the particular gun that felt like an extension of me, and with which I did the best that first time, was much larger and heavier than the ones I thought I'd like best.

Perhaps my adeptness with my rather heavy digital SLR camera has been helpful. Don't laugh. You don't know how I shoot. Double-entendre intended LOL I think taking pictures calms me more than shooting a gun, because I have a result to enjoy, tinker with, and make $ from sometimes.
                  sigpic

Comment

I take a walk out of doors and forage for my supper. By the time my walk is done, I have a meal's worth of noms. Unless I've eaten them on the way, which is the case with berries, etc.

Comment

I'll pass on the "ego" bait.

I'm sorry you think I was trying to bait you. I wasn't. I was just pointing out that women are easier to train to shoot because they don't tie their ego up in it. Men do. Therefore, as beginners go.....its been my experience that women are easier to instruct than men.

Lets not make this into a battle of the sexes. Haha Its just an observation.

Comment

This is accurate. After a lifetime of practice and training I taught my sister how to shoot, and she was getting better groupings than I in very short order. Women generally have much better hand/eye coordination at distance sports. Ask anyone in the shooting sports, and they'll tell ye the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          I'm sorry you think I was trying to bait you. I wasn't. I was just pointing out that women are easier to train to shoot because they don't tie their ego up in it. Men do. Therefore, as beginners go.....its been my experience that women are easier to instruct than men.

Lets not make this into a battle of the sexes. Haha Its just an observation.
                          No battle & no problem. I'm well aware of my own ego & competitiveness. I've always "run with the boys" and don't fit stereotypes....but anyway....other things that keep me calm are spending quality time with my pet, listening to music from a certain time in my life, and wine. Sometimes life needs wine!
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you meditate?

Comment

Originally posted by Poshi View Post
                              Do you meditate?
                              I do, a little, and chant (not out loud).
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X