Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Obama was white, he'd never have been elected........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Obama was white, he'd never have been elected........

I can see this getting interesting very quickly, so I think I'm going to stay away from it...
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
      For me, it was a choice between Sarah Palin (McCain wouldn't have lasted 3 months in that job), and, you know...anyone else. Not because I am a leftie or whatever, but because Sarah Palin is INANE.
      Pretty much this one! This made a huge difference for me, she was just too out there, and frankly she has fewer brain cells to rub together than most morons I have met. The second time, we had the same dang problem, Mitt Romney was crazier than a bag of cats, he couldn't hold the same position on an issue for more than a few hours, and he had a similar issue with putting his foot in his mouth that Biden has, it was just too much.

Now that I am less annoyed by him, I still think the guy in the video is an idiot, and without prompting, the man would not hold my attention for more than a few moments, as a laugh. There are minor points to be agreed with, but I do not agree that OBama was elected solely on the basis of being black, sure that may have been a factor for some people... But not nessecarily the people that dragged themselves out to vote.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Nice to know this mentality picked our president, ain't it?

To most people, change is merely a word. But to Obama supporters, the word change is the reason they voted on November 4th.http://kwp.host56.com/

Comment

LOL I'm sure there are videos of equally well-informed and well-spoken supporters of ANY candidate.

Seriously - it's a shame that a regular person can't feasibly run for Pres. anymore. You have to get huge amounts of money behind you to do so, like Ross Perot. Otherwise you pretty much have to already be a politician.

I miss real Republicans.....Gerald Ford was the last of the breed, for me. Then came what I call the intubation of church and state, and here we are.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
            I actually voted for Obama, at least for the second term - but that was because I'd done research on the other guy and found him to be utterly batpoop insane. Obama was the lesser of two evils in my personal opinion, even if I don't agree with him. I'll take that over someone who's in with some seriously dangerous right wing cults. I'm not liberal enough for Obama exactly, but not conservative enough for the tea party types...between the two, I leaned juuuust enough toward Obama's side of the fence to vote that way.

In truth, the last election was a Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich kind of thing. Neither option was really what I wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the original post, makes sense to me! Can't say I'd argue with most of it. Also the guy in the video seems like the kinda guy I'd totally chill with.
            Have you considered the Libertarian Party? I voted for Gary Johnson, if it matters.

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            Nice to know this mentality picked our president, ain't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCXot2HQT00
            A lot of people vote for the wrong reasons, and a lot of Americans are uninformed. A lot of people vote because of bias and because they are easily swayed by appearances and pedal words that sound "good." In Obama's case, a lot of people liked the word "change," and some naively thought Obama was some kind of savior who would clean up our country overnight. Republicans are swayed by their party's politicians in the same way. A lot of people, however, choose their votes for the right reasons - because they know what the candidates are for and against and what their plans are, and because they think that politician's methods are the best for our nation. We may or may not agree with one another, but at least we make informed decisions.

Did our current President win his elections because of his race and because his supporters were uninformed? Maybe, I can't say for sure, but it's possible. But then, many of our past Presidents were elected for questionable reasons - Franklin Pierce certainly wasn't hindered by his close friendship with Nathaniel Hawthorne.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
              Did our current President win his elections because of his race and because his supporters were uninformed? Maybe, I can't say for sure, but it's possible. But then, many of our past Presidents were elected for questionable reasons - Franklin Pierce certainly wasn't hindered by his close friendship with Nathaniel Hawthorne.
              It's really convenient for the losers to claim that the winner only won because of this reason or that. That kind of thinking allows them to justify their loss, without admitting that their ideas were not accepted by the American people.

If people are making the claim that President Obama got elected due to his race alone, I'd want to see some REAL evidence - not poli-films, unfounded claims, and the attitude that "everybody knows."
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                It's really convenient for the losers to claim that the winner only won because of this reason or that. That kind of thinking allows them to justify their loss, without admitting that their ideas were not accepted by the American people.

If people are making the claim that President Obama got elected due to his race alone, I'd want to see some REAL evidence - not poli-films, unfounded claims, and the attitude that "everybody knows."
                Indeed. I'd like to revise my statement to read that it has been claimed that past Presidents have been elected dubiously. It would be virtually impossible to find out whether these reasons exist or not. There are people who write in "Hitler" as their Presidential candidate; We can't expect anyone to be honest when answering questions about their motives in voting.

I am inclined to believe that President Obama did receive a massive amount of votes because he is black, and because he was able to charm liberals into thinking he was some sort of knight in shining armor. However, did those (I am guessing with no evidence) dubious votes make the win for him? We will probably never know for certain.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Yes, Obama won because he was black and it had nothing to do with people fed up with Bush and what his party did to the country, obviously everyone thought Bush was a really good president and appreciated the fact the Republican party went with him.

It's not like the Democratic party ever won an election before using white guys, so they obviously used a black guy to make people vote for him.

And yes, every single white person who voted for Obama did so because they were having white guilt, had nothing to do with them hating the Republicans or being convinced with the promises made by Obama's campaign.

/sarcasm
                  [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                    Indeed. I'd like to revise my statement to read that it has been claimed that past Presidents have been elected dubiously. It would be virtually impossible to find out whether these reasons exist or not. There are people who write in "Hitler" as their Presidential candidate; We can't expect anyone to be honest when answering questions about their motives in voting.

I am inclined to believe that President Obama did receive a massive amount of votes because he is black, and because he was able to charm liberals into thinking he was some sort of knight in shining armor. However, did those (I am guessing with no evidence) dubious votes make the win for him? We will probably never know for certain.
                    Bingo, this is the problem right here!
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

It's really convenient for the losers to claim that the winner only won because of this reason or that.
                      Actually I voted for him, as I said, and I do believe his race had a big part of his win - although of course I don't know how big or anything. I mean don't we all remember when he was first elected especially, there was quite a stirring...remember how Oprah was there and you had all these shots of African Americans hugging each other and just tons and tons of insane support from their community? It was a huge deal! Still was, even for the second term. Plenty of people also voted for him based on his charisma, or his policies, or whatever else too. But I think it's fair to say that race did make a difference in how things went.

So it's not all just people who voted for the other guys saying this.

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
                        So it's not all just people who voted for the other guys saying this.
                        Yes, but you're not saying it is the only reason, or even the main reason. That's where the difference comes in.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yes, but you're not saying it is the only reason, or even the main reason. That's where the difference comes in.
                          Ahh okay, I see what you mean. Yeah there were more reasons than just race. :P

Comment

I would of greatly perferred it if a women had finnally been made president. Women have been prosecuted and suppressed simply for being women since a cave man went "Hunka Dinka" roughly translated to "Make me a duck sandwich, women". In contrast, the slavery of African Americans has most certainly not been going on since the beginning of the human species, though it was, I admit, significantly worse for the time it lasted.
                            Overt optimism and overt cynicism are both equally horrendous to my senses. Having a perfectly balanced view of the world only slightly less so. By goddess have an opinion, but kindly avoid blaring it like a wide-eyed idealist or a suicidal Goth.

Comment

I understand how members of (any) group will rally together when one of their own gets an award, gets put in office, etc., that's fine. I for one would love to see a woman president in my lifetime. But if it was such a woman as, say, Ann Coulter, my beliefs in how I want my country to be run would overcome that lesser group bond.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                I understand how members of (any) group will rally together when one of their own gets an award, gets put in office, etc., that's fine. I for one would love to see a woman president in my lifetime. But if it was such a woman as, say, Ann Coulter, my beliefs in how I want my country to be run would overcome that lesser group bond.
                                If we really wanted to talk about rabid...Ann Coulter definitely qualifies.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X