Dream/Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream/Memory

I think this is the best place to put this, if not, feel free to move.

So, I recently recalled a certain... memory. I don't remember what brought it to mind. But I distinctly remember it as a memory, not a dream. When I think of it, it's along on the lines of "Oh yea, remember when..." not, "Oh, remember that crazy dream..." I almost never confuse the two, so it's really odd. However, the reality of it is quite impossible. In my memory/dream I went through a hidden door in my closest in my bedroom. This is the first impossibility because the closet I went through doesn't exist. My closet was on a completely different wall for one, and for two, there was no hidden doorway in there. I used to love clearing out the bottom of my closet and curling up in that space with a bunch of blankets and pillows to take a nap. It felt safe and quiet and cozy. I would have found any such doorway.

So anyway, on the other side of this door was a staircase leading up into an attic room, which was structurally the same as our attic in reference to shape, etc. Now the door to the attic was in my bedroom, in the ceiling, but I couldn't get up there on my own and my dad only lifted me up once because I really wanted to see it. It was typical empty attic space with all the insulation coating it in thick layers everywhere.

The attic room in my memory/dream was an actual room. It really reminded me of something... Victorianesque? I guess. Old, old fashioned. And our home was built somewhere in that time frame, I think, or shortly after. There was a sitting room kind of space, all wide and open, a little dusty, a few cobwebs. And then a sort of broad staircase (one of those only a couple steps as you transition into another room type of things.) and past that was a kind of kids play room, but again really old fashioned. A kids teacup set made of real china, fancy wooden child-sized table and chairs. Dolls made of cloth, with hand-sewn clothes. That sort of thing. And I remember spending time with a lady and a little girl and distinctly remembering them as ghosts. I remember the lady laughing, one of those full laughs but not throaty, just a real hearty laugh. And getting into an argument with the girl at one point. Playing.

Now, I can't remember at what point when I lived there this specifically happened, either as a dream or a memory, but it's very very vivid in my mind and it's really bugging me because I definitely get the impression it's a memory not a dream when I know that's not possible. So, I guess, what do you think? Sound like anything you've heard of?
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Re: Dream/Memory

Sounds Interresting, is it possible its a past life memory? Using vague existing connections to manifest?
    It is not nessecarily a familiar experience for me, maybe a memory from within a dream?
    Sounds like it feels important to you though, try meditating on it. The closest thing I get is a deja vu sort of memory, but that doesn't sound anything like what you are experiencing, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Maria de Luna might be right. Perhaps you're mixing up situations from this life with situations from a past life? It might even be possible that your mind is putting them together into one memory to fill places that are missing. I agree that you should meditate on it and see what you come up with! Definitely let us know!

Comment

I've thought of that and it's a possibility, I'm just not really sure about it I guess. We'll see.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
        X