X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zimmerman....not guilty

WooooooooooWooooooooooo!!!!

Re: Zimmerman....not guilty

I only hope something good will come of it all.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Sadly I figure the feds will now try him on something else such as civil rites violations or such.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Depends how annoyed the Feds are. There's an internal policy to limit the number of times they pull that trick but

1) Someone may decide it doesn't apply here and
        2) It's only an internal policy of the DoJ, no court has the ability to force its application if the DoJ decides to ignore it.

Google Petite Policy to get an idea of their general guidelines.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Depends how annoyed the Feds are. There's an internal policy to limit the number of times they pull that trick but

1) Someone may decide it doesn't apply here and
          2) It's only an internal policy of the DoJ, no court has the ability to force its application if the DoJ decides to ignore it.

Google Petite Policy to get an idea of their general guidelines.
          It will be interesting to see in the coming days and weeks. A lot will depend upon how the President and Congress take it for sure though the DoJ might do something on their own. I just recall a few cases where the jury has returned a verdict that opposed what was desired and suddenly the DoJ had them up in Federal Court on some other charge such as Civil Rights violations.

Comment

Meanwhile....... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...warning-shots/
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              Hmm, somehow leaving the scene of the violence, procuring a weapon and returning to the scene then shooting the person in front of your children simply does not appear to be part of the stand your ground defense. But good use of a red herring argument to shift the focus of the thread and slant of using the Stand Your Ground Defense..

Edited to add one must also consider she has former arrest and convictions for abuse and such not the spouse she shot.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                It will be interesting to see in the coming days and weeks. A lot will depend upon how the President and Congress take it for sure though the DoJ might do something on their own. I just recall a few cases where the jury has returned a verdict that opposed what was desired and suddenly the DoJ had them up in Federal Court on some other charge such as Civil Rights violations.
                Oh it can certainly happen and there are times when it's a good thing. It just happens to involve extra time, effort and money on the part of the Feds and risks pissing a lot of people off so they try not to pull it unless you really aggravate them. I don't know how pissed off with Zimmerman they are right now.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  Oh it can certainly happen and there are times when it's a good thing. It just happens to involve extra time, effort and money on the part of the Feds and risks pissing a lot of people off so they try not to pull it unless you really aggravate them. I don't know how pissed off with Zimmerman they are right now.
                  Not saying it's a bad thing when it happens though honestly I can not recall a current one where it was to do anything other than soothe public opinion. Unlike many of the Civil Rights cases of the 50's and 60's where it was to charge corrupt officials or protected individuals such as Clan member's at the time.

Still will be interesting over the next few days and weeks as the drama and pubic debate unfold about the verdict.

Comment

The Prosecution failed to prove guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt, and thus, the jury found the correct way. The next few days may be interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      The golden rule of gunfighting.......you don't pull a gun unless you intend to use it. If she wasn't scared enough to shoot HIM, then she wasn't in fear of her life. Warning shots are playing.

Comment

Parents file civil case Monday?
                        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                        Tribe of my Tribe
                        Clan of my Clan
                        Kin of my Kin
                        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                          Parents file civil case Monday?
                          Only if they're absolutely and totally dishonorable.

He was found not guilty on all charges by a 6 woman jury picked and agreed to by the state and Prosecution.
                          Last edited by Thothur; 13 Jul 2013, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            The golden rule of gunfighting.......you don't pull a gun unless you intend to use it. If she wasn't scared enough to shoot HIM, then she wasn't in fear of her life. Warning shots are playing.
                            Balls. She was convicted because she was Black in Florida.

Comment

May I ask why folks are bringing unrelated cases into this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go. Words of wisdom from a hero of some of yins...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/sharpton-slap-face-those-who-believe-justice-country_739351.html

Comment

Working...
                              X