Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zimmerman....not guilty

Originally posted by Thothur View Post
    Only if they're absolutely and totally dishonorable.

He was found not guilty on all charges by a 6 woman jury picked and agreed to by the state and Prosecution.
    Criminal and civil cases, apples and oranges. Think OJ and Nicole's family...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
    Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      WooooooooooWooooooooooo!!!!
      You were right. Those women didn't give a fair trial. You do remember those words, right?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        Criminal and civil cases, apples and oranges. Think OJ and Nicole's family...
        So true.

side note didn't realize a reply had to have at least 10 characters.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I agree. There's some major holes. Too many what ifs. I think he probably is guilty, but I can't say for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
            Balls. She was convicted because she was Black in Florida.
            Correct me if I'm wrong....but didn't I see somewhere that you claimed to be a police officer?

In what alternate universe is it ok for a person to leave a house, get a gun, come back.......and then shoot at her "baby daddy"........but try to claim self defense? If she was so afraid of him, but was able to get out of the house, why didn't she not call 911?

Oh hell no....she couldn't have broken a law. She just went to jail because she's "black in Florida." Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Here's some facts that you missed: http://www.letstalkaboutit.info/2012...anders_11.html

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            You were right. Those women didn't give a fair trial. You do remember those words, right?
            If you ask Martin's family....I'm still right.

Hahahahahahaha! *smooches*

Comment

Monster, if you believe Zimmerman not guilty, then you have to believe that Marissa Alexander is not guilty.

Zimmerman followed Martin and when asked why he was following him, reached for something.

Zimmerman is lucky that Martin wasn't 4 years older, and a CCW holder himself. Because Zimmerman would have been the one on the ground with bullets in him, instead of a couple of scrapes that weren't even bad enough to warrant a stitch.

With Alexander, the "leaving and returning" thing. She went into the garage, got a gun when she found out the door was JAMMED. She had no egress out from the garage. The only way out was back through the house.

If she looked like Casey Anthony she would have walked.

Comment

Originally posted by Liandrin View Post
                Monster, if you believe Zimmerman not guilty, then you have to believe that Marissa Alexander is not guilty.

Zimmerman followed Martin and when asked why he was following him, reached for something.

Zimmerman is lucky that Martin wasn't 4 years older, and a CCW holder himself. Because Zimmerman would have been the one on the ground with bullets in him, instead of a couple of scrapes that weren't even bad enough to warrant a stitch.

With Alexander, the "leaving and returning" thing. She went into the garage, got a gun when she found out the door was JAMMED. She had no egress out from the garage. The only way out was back through the house.

If she looked like Casey Anthony she would have walked.
                Everyone has their own opinion.

Comment

I can't say I'm surprised. I'm just glad its over with. I'm sick of hearing and reading about it. For some people it seems like an obsession that doesn't shine a good light on them.
                  A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

The golden rule of gunfighting.......you don't pull a gun unless you intend to use it. If she wasn't scared enough to shoot HIM, then she wasn't in fear of her life. Warning shots are playing.
                    She was likely TOO scared to shoot him. See Battered Wife Syndrome, playing now at numerous theaters near you.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      She was likely TOO scared to shoot him. See Battered Wife Syndrome, playing now at numerous theaters near you.
                      Still doesn't work. If she was *that* afraid of him.....she would have shot HIM. Not the ceiling.

Comment

Still doesn't work. If she was *that* afraid of him.....she would have shot HIM. Not the ceiling.
                        How can anyone know how she felt? She might have shot at the ceiling as a warning, or her hand might have shaken. I don't know. Nobody does.

People often claim they know what they would do in any given situation. We had a neighbour like that, years ago. Always bragging about what he would do, given half a chance. And then one night, all hell broke out in our street. A mild mannered taxi driver (who never seemed to say boo to a goose) pitched in, and hit seven bells out of the culprits. A quiet but pretty fit plumber pitched in too, got a black eye, but did his bit.
                        And our neighbourhood hero? Oh, he was crouching down behind a car.
                        Claimed his shoelaces had come undone....
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Of course, Martin's family can always try winning money in civil court. Worked with OJ Simpson.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong....but didn't I see somewhere that you claimed to be a police officer?
                            You know, you and I are done talking now.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                              You know, you and I are done talking now.
                              This is doubly true, the member in question received a permaban earlier today. There will likely be a more public announcement later this week.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

You know, I expect to be banned or yelled at for this for .. Well, whatever reason. Just wanted to say something. I didn't follow the case. Didn't want too, but whatever happens was decided on whatever materials they pulled together. If you as a whole have a problem with whatever they decided, then perhaps , just maybe, writing your congressman or whatever might be a good way to get the word out. Really, here nothing happens. It's all muttered text comments, threats of banning, and generally not much. Raise the word of the people, if such a thing matters in today's America, and make a statement about the condition of the case, the legal system and how they handled it. Gods know the legal system is a joke anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X