X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toys from your childhood

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Why does this forum not have a 'toys from your childhood' thread? That would be awesome!
    It does now.

Mostly art.

Re: Toys from your childhood

what we are talking about toys from our childhood now? Oh my someone else is going to have to start doing that or I may embarrass myself....
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I had one of the near-original Barbies - wish I still had it, they go for big bucks today! And a Penny Brite doll, a Tressy Doll (her hair "grew" when you turned a key in her back)Skipper, Francie, and a Baby Magic - this was a life size baby doll that came with a magnetic thimble you put on your finger. When you waved your hand in front of her, the eyes opened/closed.
      A small metal cap gun with rolls of red paper caps.
      Etch-a-sketch
      Spiro-graph
      A pull-along puppy toy with flappy feet
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

One of the toys that appears most in pictures of me as a child was my CHIPs costume playset... Racing around on our bikes fighting crime...

obviously starwars was a huge part of my child hood, along with action man.
        One of the more "interesting" toys i had were metal versions of these http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=231001550593 metal rockets with caps in the top, so you throw them and they go bang when they hit somethin... Someone

But the pride of place in my toy box went to toys from Battle of the planets ( Gatcheman) :

Comment

My sister and I were very lucky to have friends of the family who were carpenters or craftspeople.. We had a large, home made doll house. We could both sit in front of it, with ample room to play.
          We had some typical 80s kids toys like My Little Pony and Cabbage Patch and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My sister -really- liked dinosaurs so we also had a ton of dinosaur toys.
          My best friend though was a backpack shaped like a beaver plushie, and when the zipper broke my grandmother stuffed foam in him and sewed him up. Nowadays he has like..five different colours of stitching from my own patch jobs as a kid, and he is missing his nose and whiskers. I got him as a kindergarten present and he still sits in my bedroom. He's been to a lot of the places I've travelled to.
          My Tumblr
          My Webcomic
          My Twitter

Comment

Oh! Wisp, that reminds me - I still have my dollhouse, which my grandfather made for my aunt when she was a little girl, in the late 1940's. It was kept at their summer bungalow when I was a kid, and that was part of the fun of going up there, for me.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I was crazy about horses growing up and had a vast collection of Sindy horses (with a few barbie horses too). I used to go around car-boot sales buying any I could find with my pocket money. I think I had close to 50 at one point. I didn't have any barbies to ride them and my sister wouldn't let me play with hers in case I got them sticky, so my teddies used to come for lessons at my riding school. I had an attick bedroom, which was the stable yard, and then on the second floor (1st to us Brits) my dad had a large study, which I used as the indoor school to teach my riding lessons. We had an outdoor school too when the weather was nice: otherwise known as the back yard!

I still remember all the horses names to this day.. Justice, Mortimer, Tiffany, Polo, Milton, Pippa, Dixie, Rosie, Bricky (he was retired due to my mum standing on him and snapping his leg)... well, lets not name all of them.

Other than that, my favourite toys were my two daleks called Apples and Tomato-face a stuffed dog called Dull (I had a friend who's dog was called Sunny and I thought all types of weather could be used as dog names) and a fire breathing wind up monster that I used to be scared of until I tried to flush him down the toilet and broke the spark mechanism.

I spent most of my childhood in my imaginary rural town 'Greenfield' working on my riding school with husband Beetlejuice.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Here we go. Some of my favorites, attached.
                Attached Files
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Though not actually a toy in the normal sense,Winky Dink was what some describe as the first interactive TV show for kids.

This really stands out in my memory as a kid.

Quote:
                  "Praised by Microsoft mogul Bill Gates as "the first interactive TV show",[1] the show's central gimmick was the use of a "magic drawing screen", which was a large piece of vinyl plastic that stuck to the television screen via static electricity. A kit containing the screen and various Winky Dink crayons could be purchased for 50 cents. At a climactic scene in every Winky Dink short, Winky would arrive upon a scene that contained a connect the dots picture. He would then prompt the children at home to complete the picture, and the finished result would help him continue the story. Examples include drawing a bridge to cross a river, an axe to chop down a tree, or a cage to trap a dangerous lion.

Another use of the interactive screen was to decode messages. An image would be displayed, showing only the vertical lines of the letters of the secret message, which viewers at home would quickly trace onto their magic screen. A second image would then display the horizontal lines, completing the text.

A final use of the screen was to create the outline of a character with whom Jack Barry would have a conversation. It would seem meaningless to viewers without the screen, further encouraging its purchase."
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm going to state the obvious that everybody probably used once.

Lego, that stuff could keep me going for months.
                    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                    sigpic
                    In Days of yore,
                    From Britain's shore
                    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                    And planted firm Britannia's flag
                    On Canada's fair domain.
                    Here may it wave,
                    Our boast, our pride
                    And joined in love together,
                    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Oh, wow....

I loved my My Little Ponies. Also a doll series called Cherry Merry Muffin. It was kind of a Strawberry Shortcake ripoff, so most people I talk to have no idea what I was talking about.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

My number one favorite toys as a child were all the He-Man toys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-toys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	351848

Yep, I had most of those.
                        [4:82]

Comment

I only had two He-Man toys. He-man and Skeletor. My sister had She-Ra though. I eventually stole Spirit, her pink horse, for my Riding school.

This thread is so cool.

Did anyone see these when they were a kid?

I had the whole set, of course ^^

I'm trying to remember something else. It was a cartoon for girls where the characters all had lovely long hair and these little sprites that lived in their hair (for some reason). The 'sprites' were actually animals with long hair. When you bought the toys, you could clip the sprites into your own hair to give you colourful streaks.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            I only had two He-Man toys. He-man and Skeletor. My sister had She-Ra though. I eventually stole Spirit, her pink horse, for my Riding school.

This thread is so cool.

Did anyone see these when they were a kid?

I had the whole set, of course ^^

I'm trying to remember something else. It was a cartoon for girls where the characters all had lovely long hair and these little sprites that lived in their hair (for some reason). The 'sprites' were actually animals with long hair. When you bought the toys, you could clip the sprites into your own hair to give you colourful streaks.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
                            I'm obviously some kinda toy seeking hero.
                            I think you're looking for:
                            Lady Lovelocks and the Pixietails. = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arBC...D9E4D08D2AEDF9

- - - Updated - - -

Just for the record I did not spend my childhood watching tv and playing with girls toys
                            I had my ZX spectrum computer and a mountain of starwars stuff to keep occupied when I Was not wandering through woods

Though hair clips would of been cool...Back when I had hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic discord View Post

Just for the record I did not spend my childhood watching tv and playing with girls toys
                              I had my ZX spectrum computer and a mountain of starwars stuff to keep occupied when I Was not wandering through woods

Though hair clips would of been cool...Back when I had hair.
                              I'm not so sure I believe you! Thank though, that's definitely her! No wonder I couldn't find her, I was writing 'hair sprites cartoon'. The sprites were Rainbow Brite's little friends. Anway, I'm gonna watch this now...

Comment

Working...
                              X