The royal baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The royal baby

First of all I do want to say congrats, as I would to anyone who has just had a baby, but this is more of a moan really. I was flicking through the channels and saw the news and it made me so mad that the Dutch and Duchess couldn't even have the birth of their first baby to themselves!!! do people not have their own lives to think about instead of nosing in to other peoples? i understand, sort of, that people want to know about it and everything BUT did the media really need to camp outside the dam hospital....REALLY?!?!?! let them just have one moment that is sacred and PRIVATE, they at least deserve to have the first birth, I mean we invaded their engagement, wedding, break ups and get togethers ( all of which was none of our business by the way) If someone had stuck their nose into my babies births I would have knocked them the hell out! That is OUR ( mum and dad) time, no one elses!

Also all the hush hush about her due date i think was to try and stop all of the media, but it never works because there is always someone with a big mouth PLUS the bloody media camp outside wherever they are to get it first.....PARASITES that's what they are.

I wish them all the happiness xxx
    http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Re: The royal baby

On a positive note, they are spending the first week with Kate's mum. And the nanny will only be part time. And Kate cooks.

I just got frustrated cos my favourite news program has had someone parked out the front of the hospital for about 2 weeks. I just didn't care.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

They will still be harassed in Bucklebury, i used to live near there and when they were ever there the journalists were over it like flies around s###.

Why do they need a nanny exactly? she doesn't work. Normal people manage to work and raise their kids with no nanny, (oh grumpy me, managing 3 kids lol)

Comment

I don't know. It's all nonsense to me. But it's royalty, therefor royal nonsense and media-worthy.

And I wasn't thinking about media in Bucklebury so much, I mean I know it's there, but it's adding a bit more normalness to that poor kids life.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Epic yawn. I can say as a British person, I don't give a damn about the royals or their over-privileged, soon to be stuck up little devil spawn. Sure, as people, I wish them well. As celebrities, I hope they rot and get off my news. Seriously, why is so much news time spent covering celebrity non-stories like these? Married pregnant woman gives birth, who saw that coming? -_- I hate royalty. I hate the celebrity obsessed media even more.
          Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

They do lots of traveling, remember Diana was always in Africa, etc., and there will be times the child(ren) need to be home, hence the nanny. I'm glad the new parents plan to provide at least as normal a life as William had. I don't think, by tradition/law (?) that Kate would be allowed to simply quit everything and stay home for years. It's great that they give the new Dad a paternity leave. Years ago that wasn't done, pretty much anywhere, and children of royals or celebrities were basically raised by nannies and shuttled off to boarding school to get them out of the way. One thing they said on tv that makes sense - even when William was born, there weren't cell phones yet. So this childs life will be much less private than his parents generation.

I love tradition - I was really into watching the Vatican for the black/white smoke to announce the new Pope, as I've done a couple of times in my life, and this baby's arrival makes me remember William's arrival like it was yesterday. It's that "big circle of life" kind of feeling. For those of you who are young, someday, there will be media attention as THIS baby's first child arrives, and you will remember these days. When I see these events now, I think I may never see them again, and I'm glad I paid a bit of attention to them.

OK so what will they name him? I'm hoping for Arthur. It'd be nice to know there'll be another King Arthur in the future. At least it won't be Moon Unit, or North, etc. LOL
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
              Epic yawn. I can say as a British person, I don't give a damn about the royals or their over-privileged, soon to be stuck up little devil spawn. Sure, as people, I wish them well. As celebrities, I hope they rot and get off my news. Seriously, why is so much news time spent covering celebrity non-stories like these? Married pregnant woman gives birth, who saw that coming? -_- I hate royalty. I hate the celebrity obsessed media even more.
              i agree, I think British people don't really give a rat's backside what they do....I just don't want to have that as the only thing on TV...I'm in Finland for god's sake, I left the UK to get away from it all....but NOOOOOOO I get it shoved in my face here too!
              The Royal family are not much more than figure heads nowerdays and in my opinion, they are on glorified jobseekers allowance (state benefits) because they do not do a REAL job.

It is other countries that are facinated with the whole "royalty" thing

Comment

Honestly, I can understand why people are so obsessed with it. It is definitely rude how they are ignoring the privacy of these people, but as celebrities it's to be expected. People always freak out about celebrity babies. I was excited for them, as a family, but I certainly didn't obsess.

Comment

I kinda agree with the comment Quetzal made. A Married pregnant woman gives birth, who saw that coming? Congrats. I'm glad your kid made it safe. However, if I'm flipping through channels and literally every news station has a "baby watch" out for the kid going on ALL DAY-thats just a little bit more than ridiculous. There are other, more news worthy stories going on out there that you can report about people.

I dont understand the point of stalking "celebrities" anyways. Its creepy in so many ways. I wouldn't want someone prying into my life, taking thousands of pictures anywhere I went, and heavens forbid I didn't look 110% that day or my life is apparently going downhill.

Its too bad these guys will never have ANY privacy. I feel sorry for the kid
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm very excited about the royal baby. I've always been fascinated with the English Monarch.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think english royalty is cool (must be a foreigner thing.) but I felt a little bad for the couple as they have no private moments, but at least the media didn't manage their way onto the L&D floor, I imagine someone from some kind of guard or another would have arrested anyone trying... I will say that I am slightly more interrested in "royal" celebrity news than I am regular celebrity news... I get pissed off when I see regular celebrities in the newspaper, but not when I see the british, (or any other) royal family in the paper... It must have something to do with not ever having had a monarch, or royal family...

Also, figures she would have the baby on the full bloody moon... Babies just gotta get born on the full moon, and it is totally not a myth... There is an actual friggin pattern too, I see it monthly....
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I hear that a lot, foreigners liking the royals more than British people. If you guys wanna take 'em off our hands and pay the taxes, by all means, do so. xD
                        Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                          I hear that a lot, foreigners liking the royals more than British people. If you guys wanna take 'em off our hands and pay the taxes, by all means, do so. xD
                          Well pack 'em up in their little shipping crates and send 'em on up!

Do we have to take the whole set or can we leave Camilla there?

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

She was pregnant? This is why I don't watch the news...
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                              She was pregnant? This is why I don't watch the news...
                              You're probably better off that way......

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                              X