Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking tea for relaxation and meditation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking tea for relaxation and meditation?

I hear a lot of people smoke tea (Just the everyday stuff you drink) to relax and calm their minds. And sometimes accompany it to meditation. Has anybody done this? Did it work?
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Re: Smoking tea for relaxation and meditation?

I have some friends who tried it and claimed it worked, but they aren't the most reliable and were pretty much just doing it to seem cool like high schoolers do. I would assume it would depend on the tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Poshi View Post
      I have some friends who tried it and claimed it worked, but they aren't the most reliable and were pretty much just doing it to seem cool like high schoolers do. I would assume it would depend on the tea.
      Aha yeah, most high school kids also fought bears and caught sharks. But that's interesting. And you're probably right, different teas different effects. I'm wondering if there is a certain tea that does it the best.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I've inhaled a number of incense blends for precisely that reason, without rolling on and smoking it, per se. Lavender and damiana do pretty well for that, without actually getting you high.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I've honestly never heard of it being done but it doesn't surprise me. However, it does worry me considering all the hype here in the US about Bath Salts, I'd rather something else I love not come under attack because of people being irresponsibly stupid about something >_<
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

Does it have any health side effects? Ot sounds like the people know what their doing.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Wormwood is a nice smoke - relaxing, but not intoxicating.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Quin7900 View Post
                Does it have any health side effects? Ot sounds like the people know what their doing.
                Yes...smoking pretty much anything is harsh on your lungs. I know this is controversial, but incense and wood smoke aren't great for you either.

I steam essential oils. I find peppermint and lavender fairly relaxing.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  Yes...smoking pretty much anything is harsh on your lungs. I know this is controversial, but incense and wood smoke aren't great for you either.

I steam essential oils. I find peppermint and lavender fairly relaxing.
                  My eyes and lungs can't tolerate any kind of smoke whatsoever!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    My eyes and lungs can't tolerate any kind of smoke whatsoever!
                    Neither can I....I don't think there's really much wrong with incense if you open windows and let some air circulate, but you should avoid inhaling too much. I'm allergic to smoke, so I had to give it up all together. I used to burn it as a teen, but I had to give it all away because it made me wheeze and my eyes and nose water.

Comment

Thanks everybody. Over the years my lungs have taken their fare share of smoke so I don't think tea would phase me.

Corbin I'll look into wormwood since you suggested it.

And yeah, any smoke, even if its relatively clean, will harm the ol' lungs. lungs were never intended to purposely inhale smoke, smoke is something naturally humans should avoid.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I feel like I'm always raving about mugwort on here, but I love it, and you should too!

Comment

I like to smoke. I mean I don't do it, but I like it. I enjoy the occasional cigar with scotch and friends, and once or twice I've gotten drunk and gotten mad on the ciggies. Tea could be nice
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

yeah, some of my friends tried along with it they gave just an avg flick about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X