What's the "best" for crystal balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the "best" for crystal balls?

Over the last couple years, I've been getting more and more interested in wanting to own a crystal ball-both for the purpose of meditation and potential divination......as well as the fact that some of them just look seriously awesome and I kinda want one anyways.

But my bigger question is more-what sizes, or types of stone/crystal are really best when it comes to actual meditation and divination using crystal balls as an actual tool? And where do you consider the best places to get them?

Part of me wants to get one of the larger ones, but I realize that they're seriously expensive depending on the types of stones as well as the size. I was looking on Amazon for a basic idea of pricing and a simple 8inch/200mm was $100 for simple clear crystal. I also noticed different types of stones varying in price between clear crystal, crystal quartz, rose quartz, amber, a lavender color, natural black obsidian, and that was just Amazon.

So from any experience-what do you guys recommend?
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Re: What's the "best" for crystal balls?

I bought a crystal ball in Santa Cruz for about $40. It was about an inch and a half in diameter and made out of quartz. It was full of lovely little imperfections which I generally perfer to just clear balls. The imperfections give me a good focal point and after staring for a long enough time they feel like they "morph". There's a ton of info on crystal balls and I found a lot of it didn't really work for me or seemed pratical. Like you have to keep it in a black bag and charge it with just moon energy. That seems like a darling concept, but mine has worked just fine. I like to think it's because I've developed a bond with it by carrying it around, like I did with my Tarot cards.

In short: Whatever ball you are drawn to works best. Lol, sucky answer right? Though, if you have the chance to handle the ball first hand before purchasing that's probably best. I ordered one once online and never did use it. It had such a bad vibe that I couldn't cleanse from it.

Comment

Personally, I would stay away from the suspiciously clear "Crystal" balls, which are made out of glass. I've had no luck in scrying with them.

I own a few sphere which I scry with. One is a genuine clear quartz sphere approximately 70mm.

8 inches? Why would you ever seen a crystal ball that large? xD palm-sized ones work well, if not better. The more surface area, I find it's easier to get distracted by reflections.

I also have Seraphinite, Rose Quartz, Black Obsidian, and Amethyst spheres.... But mostly, I stick to my Clear Quartz and Obsidian for actual scrying.

I can't tell you where to buy, because I never shop for stones online. I get all of mine local, or where ever I can actually touch and look at them. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a sphere. Mine have been between $25-$80.

Comment

Unfortunately I've been unable to find any real pagan stores in the town I've been living in, but maybe when I move next week the town we're headed to will have a shop or two that I can get a decent feel for

And I have seen one of the larger ones, but they're heavy as all hell, which part of me kinda likes because it allows you to have a sense of grounding while you're (for lack of better wording) off in la la land trying to see or meditate on something. Part of me has always been drawn to obsidian for most things in life, so I'll probably end up trying to find one at some point.

Thanks for the responses <3
        sigpic

Comment

Re: What's the &quot;best&quot; for crystal balls?

I know Texas is a big state so this may not mean much. But there are 19 listings on Witchvox for shops there, which isn't so bad. You might look on there to see if there is a local one. Also, I'm sure there are rock and crystal shops in TX. If you ever make it up north to Arkansas or Missouri, there are lots of crystal caverns and fun places to explore/buy cool stuff. (Disclaimer: I'm going off your profile data on the post, not trying to be creepy)

Comment

Originally posted by Astrayus View Post
            I know Texas is a big state so this may not mean much. But there are 19 listings on Witchvox for shops there, which isn't so bad. You might look on there to see if there is a local one. Also, I'm sure there are rock and crystal shops in TX. If you ever make it up north to Arkansas or Missouri, there are lots of crystal caverns and fun places to explore/buy cool stuff. (Disclaimer: I'm going off your profile data on the post, not trying to be creepy)
            Nah, not really bein creepy, it's right there in the thread too when I post :P

I'd looked around town before but unless it's one of those shops hidden away in a deep dark corner of town, I haven't been able to find one where I live. But hopefully I'll be able to when I get to the town we're moving to next month, and if all things go well I'll be able to get a job quickly and have the money to get one
            sigpic

Comment

From my experience, that's where the shops i want to visit usually are: Deep dark corners of small towns.

One of the better pagan-resource-friendly shops local to me is the front room of a couples home... I always feel SO WEIRD walking in their living room to browse candles >.>

On topic: I bought a rose quartz sphere for a dear friend when he was moving away, he was attached to rose quartz and wanted one, but wouldn't buy his own.
              It was slightly larger than a billiard ball, but comfortable to hold in the palm of your hand, and had internal imperfections that I've been told were very helpful while meditating

Comment

Originally posted by IndigoSkye View Post
                From my experience, that's where the shops i want to visit usually are: Deep dark corners of small towns.

One of the better pagan-resource-friendly shops local to me is the front room of a couples home... I always feel SO WEIRD walking in their living room to browse candles >.>

On topic: I bought a rose quartz sphere for a dear friend when he was moving away, he was attached to rose quartz and wanted one, but wouldn't buy his own.
                It was slightly larger than a billiard ball, but comfortable to hold in the palm of your hand, and had internal imperfections that I've been told were very helpful while meditating
                I live in a large military town currently with lots of rather stupidly violent people so dark corners of this town are rather ghetto and I'd rather not have the tiny 5'2" white girl get mugged in for going in a pagan store in the bible belt >.>
                sigpic

Comment

My pick for scrying would be clear quartz or black obsidian. Also think of large pillars and points with a large facet that you can stare into too
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I use a black mirror for scrying. But when it comes to balls, I'd rather use a dark and not completely clear one.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I don't have any problem scrying with glass, but I don't use a sphere...I use one of these...
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X