This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Not a damn thing. Got a new flat screen last year and have maybe watched a total of like 10 hours of TV on it.

Comment

All in the family. This show is still relevant to this day.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

some show about the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
        “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=771.msg14065#msg14065 date=1289966253]
          some show about the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
          [/quote]
          Yeah, it's all over our news here. Now watching 'A Few Good Men'

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=771.msg14070#msg14070 date=1289966573]
            Yeah, it's all over our news here. Now watching 'A Few Good Men'
            [/quote]

It's a pretty big thing - he's turning a commoner into a future Queen.
            “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

The Nanny, soon to be watching the back of my eyelids.
              ~~~TigerGypsy~~~

Comment

Law & Order: Los Angeles
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Just finished Disney's The Princess & the Frog. It's ok, not stellar but not all that bad, either. The good guys just didn't have enough character & the bad guy wasn't bad enough.

I just haven't seen a Disney animated film since Mulan that really stood out & made me make oooh-ahhh noises.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=771.msg14102#msg14102 date=1289980360]
                    Just finished Disney's The Princess & the Frog. It's ok, not stellar but not all that bad, either. The good guys just didn't have enough character & the bad guy wasn't bad enough.

I just haven't seen a Disney animated film since Mulan that really stood out & made me make oooh-ahhh noises.
                    [/quote]

Now that's interesting...I liked Princess and the Frog, and thought the music in particular was cute and catchy. Mulan about drove me crazy with the Asian stereotypes.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=771.msg14248#msg14248 date=1290013273]
                      Now that's interesting...I liked Princess and the Frog, and thought the music in particular was cute and catchy.[/quote]

Sophie ADORES P&F...though not as much as Tinkerbell. I thought it was pretty cute.

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=771.msg14102#msg14102 date=1289980360]
                      [/quote]

Thats because you aren't 3!! As much as Sophie likes P&F, she comes scrambling when the "ghosts" come out in full force.

Mulan about drove me crazy with the Asian stereotypes.
                      Interestingly enough, the professor of my Chinese Civilizations class (who was actually from China) thought that it was a fabulous piece of kids entertainment... His POV was "What kids movie isn't a stereotype? Its how they learn at that age."

I just liked that it was the first Disney film where the chic actually kicked butt ;D.
                      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Twilight Zone!

*so a few weeks back one of my parties was Halloween birthday themed. And the birthday girl was decked head to toe as The Princess from Princess and the Frog. It's sorta nice to have a black Princess. It's about damned time. Now where is that Princess Maria?.....

Comment

The second section on DADT...its effing brilliant.

The Daily Show is an Emmy- and Peabody Award-winning program that looks at the day’s top headlines through a sharp, reality-based lens.
                          “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                          ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                          ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Friends.... but I am waiting for Ghost Whisperer
                            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=771.msg14357#msg14357 date=1290026409]
                              *so a few weeks back one of my parties was Halloween birthday themed. And the birthday girl was decked head to toe as The Princess from Princess and the Frog. It's sorta nice to have a black Princess. It's about damned time. Now where is that Princess Maria?.....
                              [/quote]

Hah...I know, right? I keep seeing adds for Tangled and thinking "Really Disney? Another blond? You didn't have enough already?"

I'm watching this...a little in awe, and a little horrified:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIzzx2OolfI&feature=player_embedded#at =23[/youtube]
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'm watching my evil twin Adam and my other evil twin Jaime on the Mythbusters.

(I get told regularly that I look like one or the other of the Mythbusters)
                                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Working...
                                X