X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Evil Dead

Happy Halloween and Samhain
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

This is old. But I didn't want to make a new thread. So I'm about to be done with the last seasons of Sons of Anarchy. I tried to watch Game of Thrones. I'm supposed to like it. I was just meh. I only got through 3 episodes and I bailed out. Too much I dunno...talky talky in a way I was bored with. I only liked seeing the blonde chic and her dragon eggs. So...next up on marathon?

The Walking dead season 1 and 2? I saw one or two episodes and liked it when it first came out.

True Blood all the seasons? Which seems a bit overwhelming so many to go through.

HBO's Boardwalk Empire? I heard very good things about this. And it's also only two seasons in.

Or do you have any other suggestions I could go with? I am not doing Supernatural because through syndication I've seen a big chunk of them already.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I wish I could help you, Medusa, but I don't really watch a lot of current TV programming these days. If my facebook feeds indicates anything and you love zombies The Walking Dead may be your cup of tea.

I'm watching "Now and Then, Here and There".
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
          I wish I could help you, Medusa, but I don't really watch a lot of current TV programming these days. If my facebook feeds indicates anything and you love zombies The Walking Dead may be your cup of tea.

I'm watching "Now and Then, Here and There".
          I don't watch current tv either! Except for judge shows and...well alot of animal planet. I can't watch a show that runs weekly. I will lose my damn mind with impatience. So I wait till 2 seasons go by before just watching it all at once. I did this with the Tudors in a matter of weeks. I think it was 4 year's worth. Also, I watch everyone on-line with my laptop hooked up to my tv. I got techy with myself!

Comment

Don't know if you are interested in comedies but Community and It's always sunny in Philadelphia are awesome shows!
            [4:82]

Comment

I got into Grimm this year. I'll watch Falling Skies, Tosh.o and Storage Wars this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
                The Big Bang Theory... I am obsessed with this program.
                Me too. In fact my best friend calls me a less intelligent Sheldon because of my random quirky behavior that I rationalize.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  True Blood all the seasons? Which seems a bit overwhelming so many to go through.
                  I put off watching True Blood for a long time because I assumed I would hate it. I finally caved and I am loving it! I've gone through the first 3 seasons in a couple of months, and only because with Lovefilm I have to keep waiting for the next disc. Give it a go and if you hate it we can pretend someone else recommended it to you ;-D
                  http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    Don't know if you are interested in comedies but Community and It's always sunny in Philadelphia are awesome shows!
                    It's always sunny in Philadelphia is hilarious!

I'm currently watching...HOCKEY.

Mostly art.

Comment

I just finished watching 'A Serbian Film'. Yeah that one. And you know what? It was a very intellectual movie. Smart, abusive, graphic in what real violence does. Could the story (quite an honest one) have been told without the extreme graphic and sickening scenarios? No. It could not. It was slow paced and built up to the violence in the last 30 minutes. And the intense building soundtrack def added emotional tension to the movie. I was not predictable. And though it was like a car crash you could not but help to watch...you watched with an understanding of what was really going on. It's not gore graphic in the way Human Centipede II was. But it's dealing with extremely touchy subjects.

As reading reviews goes, I'll just post a quote from one reviewer via its Wiki Page:

Scott Weinberg wrote "I think the film is tragic, sickening, disturbing, twisted, absurd, infuriated, and actually quite intelligent. There are those who will be unable (or unwilling) to decipher even the most basic of 'messages' buried within A Serbian Film, but I believe it's one of the most legitimately fascinating films I've ever seen. I admire and detest it at the same time. And I will never watch it again. Ever."
                      You can watch it free on-line too.

*goes off to watch kitteh videos

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I just finished watching 'A Serbian Film'. Yeah that one. And you know what? It was a very intellectual movie. Smart, abusive, graphic in what real violence does. Could the story (quite an honest one) have been told without the extreme graphic and sickening scenarios? No. It could not. It was slow paced and built up to the violence in the last 30 minutes. And the intense building soundtrack def added emotional tension to the movie. I was not predictable. And though it was like a car crash you could not but help to watch...you watched with an understanding of what was really going on. It's not gore graphic in the way Human Centipede II was. But it's dealing with extremely touchy subjects.

As reading reviews goes, I'll just post a quote from one reviewer via its Wiki Page:

You can watch it free on-line too.

*goes off to watch kitteh videos
                        I'm really glad you said this! I've wanted to watch it- I can handle disturbing themes if they're done intelligently and in context and the plot sounds really interesting from what I've heard.

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
                          I'm really glad you said this! I've wanted to watch it- I can handle disturbing themes if they're done intelligently and in context and the plot sounds really interesting from what I've heard.
                          1channel.ch is your first and best source for information about 1channel. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

You can type any movie and watch it there. You can stream it(I never download a movie). Tell me what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
                            The Big Bang Theory... I am obsessed with this program.
                            And I as well. Have the first four seasons on DVD and am eagerly awaiting the fifth, as well as season six which should air in a few weeks.

I also just finished watching the new Battlestar Galactica. I put off watching it due to time and partly because when I heard that Starbuck was a girl and Cylons were pregnant, it just seemed too far from the original concept.

But now that I watched it, I found that those two elements worked just fine. I did have some issues with some of the stories, mainly in that they seemed either hurried or a departure from where the show had been going, but overall, I enjoyed it. One thing that was major points in its favor: no Galactica 1980 ending.

Comment

More anime. Cowboy Bebop
                              -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

Leverage. I'm obsessed with this show at the moment.:bounce:
                                ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Working...
                                X