X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Just finished AHS: Freakshow.

Love it! Redemption stories always get me...

Slithering through all the horror is the secret of what it means to be human.

I wish I could pull off a trick as effective as this.

Oh. And the big nod to that most elegant of all freaks, David Bowie, didn't hurt, either.

The freaks shall inherit the world.

Indeed.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 10 Oct 2015, 15:03.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Just finished AHS: Freakshow.

Love it! Redemption stories always get me...

Slithering through all the horror is the secret of what it means to be human.

I wish I could pull off a trick as effective as this.

Oh. And the big nod to that most elegant of all freaks, David Bowie, didn't hurt, either.

The freaks shall inherit the world.

Indeed.
      I thought it was alright, but if I were to rank the seasons in order of enjoyment, I'd go Murder House > Asylum > Freakshow > Coven. Freakshow and Coven ran a close tie, but then I remembered that the last few episodes of Coven ended up being basically Stevie Nicks videos. I haven't started to watch Hotel yet, and the reviews have been less than helpful. They're all over the place with hate, love, disgust, amusement, praise, and ennui.

Comment

I enjoyed the macabre humor of Coven, but I suspect it's a matter of taste in that regard. I thought the Stevie Nicks stuff was hilarous ...

I liked Asylum best. It was so absolutely over-the-top. And the pseudo Nellie Bly was a fun nod to the history of journalism and feminism...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Catchin up on Doctor Who. I'm in the Tennant era.
          Come geek out with me and my buddies on The Bizzarp! Podcast - new episodes every Friday!

"Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite,"Fool," said my Muse to me, "look in thy heart, and write."
          - Sir Philip Sidney

Comment

Haibane Renmei, one of my all time favorite animes!!!
            I've re-watched it so many times...
            Beautiful and sad and happy. I always end up crying whenever I watch it.

Comment

Did anyone watch the TV show Continuum? My husband and I just finished the last episode. Really enjoyed it! A bit preachy, but some good points made. I think we've even discussed the issue of the loss of privacy to corporations for the sake of convenience somewhere on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

We're now looking for a new sci-fi adventure.

Comment

I watched that for a little while,but it kind of lost me,an interesting newer program,though waiting on the second season is Mr. Robot..not truly SF,but it got renewed for second season before the first had even done episode 2,so it is good. Do check out Blind sided,looks to be very good,and renewed already for second season. Limitless is coming along too. Have not seen Fargo's second season premier,but reviews sound good. I am a big fan of Defiance..waiting for its new season.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  I watched that for a little while,but it kind of lost me,an interesting newer program,though waiting on the second season is Mr. Robot..not truly SF,but it got renewed for second season before the first had even done episode 2,so it is good. Do check out Blind sided,looks to be very good,and renewed already for second season. Limitless is coming along too. Have not seen Fargo's second season premier,but reviews sound good. I am a big fan of Defiance..waiting for its new season.
                  Thank you! Will check those out. We saw the shorts for Defiance during Continuum. I really want to watch it, but it looks too scary for me!

Comment

It is a bit violent,but the character development is VERY good. Not scary in the paranormal sense,but they do have some very strange enemies. I think it is in season 3 with season 4 coming back next year.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Project Runway. I've been addicted to it since the first season. Make it work!
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                        Thank you! Will check those out. We saw the shorts for Defiance during Continuum. I really want to watch it, but it looks too scary for me!
                        I liked the first season of Defiance (though it's the only season I've watched) but it does take a few episodes to get into it.

I love Continuum, but I think I'm a season behind? I'm up to the last few episodes of Season 3 I think.

Other good sci-fi's... hmm I loved Firefly (pity there's only one season, but it's AWESOME). Farscape was good (it's quite old now, but it was good). I loved Battlestar Gallactica, though I'll warn you there's lots of sex and violence. Stargate SG-1 and Sliders were always favourites of mine (can you tell I'm into '90-'00s Sci Fi? lol).

I haven't watched a lot of modern sci-fi (we don't have any pay TV channels) but I liked Almost Human (it only got one season... but KARL URBAN). I also love Sleepy Hollow, which is a bit more fantasy than sci-fi but worth a look if you don't mind the good vs evil (demons et al) theme. Ummm... Warehouse 13 was fun for about five minutes but I've not watched any of the latest seasons so I don't know how silly it's gotten. Oh oh... we're about 5-6 episodes into Stitchers... it's a bit corny but it's fun so far. Does The Flash count as sci-fi? It's also fun.

Yeah... sci-fi is pretty much all I watch on telly. Aside from Person of Interest and Ink Master lol.

Comment

I love Person of interest,BUT there is talk of it being cancelled(Sad Face)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            I love Person of interest,BUT there is talk of it being cancelled(Sad Face)
                            OH NOES!

If they cancel it right off the back of the cliffhanger last season, I will be very, very sad. But they have kind of written themselves into a giant plot hole. I've been wondering how they were going to get back from the latest development.

Comment

Supposed to return BUT with fewer Episodes . And yeh they did kind of box themselves in..at times they do that trying to up the viewership with major stuff.
                              No lie,one program I watched years ago was declining in the ratings,so the female char had her neckline go down,and as the ratings started to go back so,so did her neckline. Do not remember the name of the program,but was back in the 80's

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Wicker Park. Guilty pleasure.
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X