Pressure takes hold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure takes hold...

It's a bit hard to describe but I will try anyway.
    About a month ago, my grandmother who is touch by Parkinson had to pass a hip replacement surgery. Her mother (my great-grandmother) moved to our flat in order to avoid staying alone in the house.
    On the last few days, she (the great-grandmother) managed to lead my mum to hysterics. Today it repeaded. I had to give my mum a glass of water, but I lost control (I am calm in most of the time, and it is very hard to make me angry) and told my great-grandmother to stop in a rude way. On that moment, the hysterics of my mum had gone too far.
    On the next week, my grandmother is supposed to come to our flat also for a week after the month-lasting rehabilitation.
    It will be even harder than it was. We have a cat and a dog who fight often, and the two grandmothers don't like them at all.
    I will be forced to keep them 4 under control (2 grandmothers and the animals) and try not to lead to hysterics of my mum during this week.
    Can you give me an advice about it? I will be grateful for this.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Pressure takes hold...

Wow! You have a hectic household! I have asked questions about how to handle difficult house guests in the past, as well. Thalassa suggested to me that I bring some plant life into the house, and also to suck it up! Caelia (sorry if I got that wrong) suggested to me that I meditate and cook with sage. These things worked for me, but mainly because my house guest had an affinity for plants. Meditation/prayer kept my mind mostly clear and helped me to think clearly and respond sensibly rather than be pulled into the drama... most of the time.

It sounds to me like you are taking too much responsibility on. People must take responsibility for the atmosphere they set around themselves. The best thing you can do is to simply take responsibility for yourself and be aware of what kind of atmosphere you are setting in your home through speech and deed. You will not be able to control the movements of other people, but maybe you can set a good example.

Comment

Thank you a lot, Azvanna. I have decided to listen to your advice, I will try to do as you recommend.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

You can put citrine around the house to absorb and neutralize the negative energy. But really, it's going to come down to setting your boundaries and enforcing them. If you don't, things will go downhill quickly and be nigh unsalvageable.
        "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
        X