• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What sorts of holidays?

This site is fun: http://pagancalendar.co.uk/

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Many of the holidays you celebrate now from your Christian upbringing come from pagan roots. When a holiday is approaching such as Easter or Christmas, research the pagan roots and there you have the start of your transformation into the truth of these special dates.
      My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        I agree with this. Unless you're part of a community of practitioners, you should celebrate what has meaning to you. Different parts of the world have different natural cycles, and I think it's silly to celebrate somebody else's solstice or harvest. Personaly, I'd focus on natural energies near you that you can observe and be a part of, or any feasts specific to deities you venerate. Holidays should either be a time for family and worshipers to come together, or if you don't know anyone who shares your faith, a time to celebrate and reflect on the things that matter to you. At least, that's how I see it.
        starlight, coming from a solitary practitioner, i think you worded this beautifully. i tend to celebrate each holiday as they speak to ME. not so much as they are 'textbook defined'

Comment

Working...
        X