A very strange dream and not sure what to make of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very strange dream and not sure what to make of it

Ok, last night I had the strangest of all dreams. I was in my kitchen and my 19 month old was screaming so I picked him up and went to take him to the bedroom to put him down for a nap, as I got to the hallway to the bedroom it felt like someone, or something had grabbed my head and shoulders and was pulling me back.

At this point I started to try and call for my fiance to come and get our son because it felt like he was being pulled the other way but the more I tried to call for him the more muffled my voice became. I suddenly seemed to get angry and started to shout at what ever it was saying " get out of me you B####, I am not afraid of you" then at that point I woke up but I have had a really bad headache all day now.

Maybe I was just over tired but it really did freak me out.
    http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Re: A very strange dream and not sure what to make of it

Maybe in some aspect of your life you feel like you're losing control of your choices, actions, or ability to protect your child? Or perhaps there's someone in your life that seems to be interfering with your choices, actions, thoughts, performance, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by lillywolf View Post
      Ok, last night I had the strangest of all dreams. I was in my kitchen and my 19 month old was screaming so I picked him up and went to take him to the bedroom to put him down for a nap, as I got to the hallway to the bedroom it felt like someone, or something had grabbed my head and shoulders and was pulling me back.

At this point I started to try and call for my fiance to come and get our son because it felt like he was being pulled the other way but the more I tried to call for him the more muffled my voice became. I suddenly seemed to get angry and started to shout at what ever it was saying " get out of me you B####, I am not afraid of you" then at that point I woke up but I have had a really bad headache all day now.

Maybe I was just over tired but it really did freak me out.
      I'll start with the general disclaimer that I offer impressions based on the most likely interpretation of a given symbol, but it's entirely possible that I may miss the way a symbol is used in your local culture or based upon your personal designation. As an example, I tend to tell people that grasshoppers are a sign of active energy and jumping ahead in life. That's probably true for most of the people I know but would change if - for instance - grasshoppers were revered for fertility in their local culture or grasshoppers were associated with fear because they'd had them repeatedly shoved up their noses as children. Having said that...

We often dream of being in houses or vehicles because we are exploring our own consciousnesses. A basement is often indicative of subconscious thought or underworld journeys, while a library is often a sign of research, education or learning. In my experience, kitchens vary a good deal from person to person. In the more common scenarios, kitchens represent either creativity and change (particularly if cooking is a focus of the dream) or a sense of family, friendship, protection, and stability (because people often socialize in kitchens, but only if they know each other fairly well). For the time being, I'll assume that the kitchen represents a sense of being rooted and established in your home.

You then progressed to moving your child into the bedroom for a nap - so the bedroom probably represents peacefulness, rest, and possibly dreaming.

At this point, you met with an invisible force in your dream. And this is where I really start speculating because I just don't know enough about this force. An invisible force can be a spirit guide intervening in our dream or it can represent mystery; it can indicate a part of ourselves which we can't see or a sense of being a child swept along by the inscrutable mechanisms of an adult world. I've known invisible forces to suggest all these and more, and I think I would be able to help more if I knew more about this one. One of the things to look for is what the latent content of your dream tells you. (The latent content, as opposed to the manifest content, is your "dream script"; it's all the stuff you know about the circumstances of the dream without there being any sensory data to tell you. If I told you I dreamed of having wings and they made me feel free, the wings would be manifest content and the feeling of freedom latent content.) In any case, the force is pulling you away from your son and inducing a sense of separation or isolation, so we can tell something about it from its context. The force isn't trying to possess anyone, though, but rather imposing the isolation; indeed, it's as if the force were being possessed by you, which might be an indication that it's part of yourself or of someone you're close to. The headache is outside of the dream, so I've no way to tell if it's significant or not; however, if it were caused by the dream, it could be a sign of psychic strain - possibly from over-dreaming or having been in psychically stressful circumstances.

I only have a brief description, but I'll suggest a possible interpretation. I would speculate that your son feels over-protected (that doesn't mean he is - just that he might feel that way). I'd further wonder if you or your son (or both of you) are not strong dreamers. If you're a strong dreamer, you may be subconsciously trying to keep your child calm when he wants to be lively and explorative. If he's a strong dreamer, he may be projecting a sense of being over-protected into your dreams. And if you're both strong dreamers, you may tend to dream-bicker with each other at times. (And, if you'd like, let me know if you have a strong sense the any of these possibilities are true because I might be able to offer a couple of suggestions that would help).

How do you feel about your son growing older? Do you think there's a part of yourself that misses him being extremely dependent on you or that worries about him as he become freer and more mobile? How do you feel about your fiance's attitudes about parenting, especially on the issue of protection? Do you think your son travels much in his dreams? Do you? Or, for that matter, does your fiance?

Please understand that I'm not trying to judge you as a parent. Any of the feelings I've described are normal for a parent to feel (in my opinion as a father, at least). And any of my suggestions might be wrong because I don't have enough information or am just not putting things together correctly. Nonetheless, I hope my rambling an interpretation may have helped at least a little.

I am sending you energy for peace and understanding with this message; however, if there is any part of you - conscious or unconscious - that doesn't wish to receive that energy, then it will not press itself but rather return to me or one of my guides without causing harm to anyone.
      OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
      The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
      Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Thank you Ouranos Ouroboros for that, it has made me think a little bit more about it. I know that you were not knocking my parenting, first off with the fear of him getting older and more independant: I want him to not be dependant on me so much, in fact he is very clingy and it drives me insane at times but my fiance and his mum are very over protective with him which at times makes me a little annoyed, not that I blame my fiance as it is his first child and it is my 3rd.

I know that I am a strong dreamer but I do not dream that often. When I do it is always very realistic. I also suffer a lot from deja vous. My son talks a lot in his sleep and does not lay still while sleeping so I suspect that he too is a strong dreamer.

When I got thinking about the "pulling" of me I remembered that I have had that feeling once before. I was not asleep this time as I was actually at school and it was a normal school day.I was about 7 or 8 and I was playing in the school playground, we were playing tag i was running and I looked up at the top windows of the school and I saw a woman standing there, as soon as I saw her the same feeling came over me, I was running but not moving, all of my friends started to scream and run but none of them have ever told me why. It felt like again someone had hold of my head and shoulders and were pulling me away from my friends.

My old school was actually part of my heritage as my family on my fathers side married in to the family that owned the manor house that was now the school. I had always felt safe there and from day 1 I knew my way around,as if I had been there my whole life. If anyone wants to look it up it is called Braunstone Hall, in Leicestershire. My family name is Pochin.

Do you think it could be the lady letting me know she is still around me? and if so, why?
        http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

If this is the first time since that specific incident when you were a child, then I'd say there's at least a decent chance that the feelings are connected. If they are, then you are recognizing (most likely) either a person or a quality. If a person, then the woman (who may not necessarily be a corporeal entity) or her energy could be around in your life again. If a quality, then consider any similarities between the childhood incidence and your dream, especially if they involve your son and his dreaming state.

The only similarity I can see right now is that you and your son are both strong dreamers. Could this woman be an ancestor or other entity that either wants to feed on your dream energy or guide you as you dream? Perhaps you resisted this woman when you were a child and she was trying to spy on or use your dreams - or perhaps she's benevolent and is here to help your son as she helped you.

I can offer two recommendations without knowing more about the situation. First, I'd recommend that you temporarily filter, but not block, the dreaming in your house if there's any more trouble. Second, I'd recommend that you talk to some guide (corporeal or non-) that you trust and try to find out if this entity is still around and what its purpose and intention is.
          OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
          The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
          Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Working...
          X