Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music

Also, if there are any musical composers around, I would love to hear from you!
    Last edited by Simatong; 02 Aug 2013, 13:01. Reason: Posted twice and didn't know how to delete it, so I tried to change it to something about music

Re: Music

I'm a vocalist and I've studied the piano, violin and alto saxophone. I won't try to play my skills up I sucked at playing the violin and was only a little bit better at playing the piano. The sax I did for a few years so I wasn't that bad. I still sing and play the piano from time to time.

I want to buy a keyboard so I can start composing and working on my music theory a bit more. I'd also like to give the violin another shot. Honestly I'll probably give up singing if I don't find a new group in my area or through my school. I was in my high school's top vocalist ensemble. We competed all over the area and had a lot of really cool concerts. We even performed at our state's MEA and came in third. But I literally hated everyone because they were all on eternal ego trips. I swear if you wan't to see what a gaggle of divas looks like take a trip the performing arts department of my old high school. Even the director was in on the class drama. I still die a little when I think of some of those people.

Comment

I sing in the car and the shower sometimes, does that count?

Comment

I have a few cover songs on youtube, but you'll never find them!

Comment

I'm a composer - I'm also a classically-trained pianist. I don't consider myself a "songwriter", but rather I compose music that is more inclined towards film score and Musical Theatre genres. I also sing (I was in a production of Jesus Christ Superstar) - I play bass guitar and some violin, but don't consider myself a master of any other instrument except for the piano.

Comment

I'm a classically trained pianist who went to the Elder Conservatorium in Adelaide for 4 years. I did education and so I teach class room music. But I also teach piano privately to a handful of students (don't really have time for many more!). In high school I played keyboard, bass and learnt a bit of guitar. At uni I was involved in a number of choirs, and one terrible band, which involved learning to arrange (mostly for the choir). I also did a semester each of rhythm section, woodwind (focus on flute), brass (trumpet) and strings (violin), as it was assumed that in a classroom situation you'd have to teach a bit of all of them, and have knowledge. I now teach mostly classroom music based around singing, a bit of woodwind in middle school, and have a high school band of which I am the singer.

But I can't compose for shit.

I did some counterpoint at uni, and I was good at that, but that's cos there are so many rules, so you can't really go wrong.

But no creativity here.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I play guitar and bass well, drums passably, and piano and tenor saxophone poorly I'm still working on all of those instruments though, and for that reason I expect to get better and better as time goes on. Since nobody in my area is particularly interested in music, I've started my own musical project, writing songs and recording them in my basement with surprisingly good results. My long-term goal right now is to be able to finish the album I'm planning. I've written the words to the songs already.

The concept behind the album is that it is to be an exploration on the theme of Love: love between humans, love between humans and the land, etc. Also, since the style it incorporates death metal styles, the songs are of course full of sorrow and tragedy

Comment

I play violin but I suck at it :P

Comment

Originally posted by qli View Post
                  I play violin but I suck at it :P
                  That's all right, I do too!

Comment

Working...
                  X