X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
    I had forgotten about this thread >.<
    Same.

Ive been getting massive into Kodaly, and it actually makes me happy which is a nice change. ..
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Musicianship Development Thread

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Same.

Ive been getting massive into Kodaly, and it actually makes me happy which is a nice change. ..
      Had to google that. I love how Google is now a verb as well as a proper noun.

- - - Updated - - -

I so wish I had the opportunity to continue learning music at high school. Even in primary school, we were lucky if a teacher stayed with us longer than 6 months.

Comment

Just say this thread! I've got 30+ years of percussion experience under my belt, and if anyone needs some tips or books or whatever pertaining to that, let me know. I've performed in many an orchestra, jazz band, rock band, percussion ensemble, etc both for the fun of it and professionally. I've also taught private lessons for a while, as well.

Comment

I so wish I had the opportunity to continue learning music at high school. Even in primary school, we were lucky if a teacher stayed with us longer than 6 months.
          Well Australia is all over the shop wheb it comes to arts education. I didnt have it in primary school (except visual art). And had mediocre music in high school. I'm lucky the principal here thinks music is important, so all our primary school kids get it twice a week. High school is a bit different, but the younger high school kids get it.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I sing quite a bit, play a bit of guitar too... we actually had the opportunity of taking music in highschool (or the danish equivalent of it). I had it for one year, but I was in the school choir until I graduated.
            Now I get private lessons in singing once in a while. I actually really miss performing... but at the moment I'm trying to do some acapella music with myself, using audacity not exactly peter hollens, but I'm having fun ^^ was actually thinking of buying a proper mike (better than the one in my computer). anyone know something that's good to start off with? i'd still prefer to plug it directly to my computer.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              was actually thinking of buying a proper mike (better than the one in my computer). anyone know something that's good to start off with? i'd still prefer to plug it directly to my computer.
              Yes, my husband and I use a Sennheiser E835 for our home recordings. I can't tell you why it in particular is a better choice over others, other than it comes recommended by sound engineers we know. When I get around to uploading some of our home recordings, I will link them to you. All the stuff I have uploaded atm is either done professionally or with my iPhone voice memo app.

Comment

I'll see if I can find that then
                Thanks, it would be nice to hear how it sounds.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I absolutely love singing, and I'm in my school chamber choir. I really want to learn piano or guitar though, but lessons are too expensive :/

Comment

Guitar is very easy to learn with no lessons if you are motivated. I learned by buying a chord chart book and playing songs I was listening to at the time. If you ever get a guitar, let me know. I can help you learn to play a song fairly early on. Unless you want to know lead guitar. Then that will take a long time! But if you're happy to just learn how to play the chords and have your voice carry the song, I can help you with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbeon View Post
                      I absolutely love singing, and I'm in my school chamber choir. I really want to learn piano or guitar though, but lessons are too expensive :/
                      Free lessons in two words? You. Tube.
                      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                      Clan of my Clan
                      Kin of my Kin
                      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Guitar is very easy to learn with no lessons if you are motivated. I learned by buying a chord chart book and playing songs I was listening to at the time. If you ever get a guitar, let me know. I can help you learn to play a song fairly early on. Unless you want to know lead guitar. Then that will take a long time! But if you're happy to just learn how to play the chords and have your voice carry the song, I can help you with that.
                        I agree! In the 70's we all carried guitars around and wanted to be the next Joan Baez or Carole King. (LOL) The basics are super-easy to learn on your own.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Was you a wanna be Hippy chick there Hawk,when I was a high school beatnik all I needed was a set of bongos(Oh,and a BIG coffee mug)
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Was you a wanna be Hippy chick there Hawk,when I was a high school beatnik all I needed was a set of bongos(Oh,and a BIG coffee mug)
                            hehe ^.^ I probably would have been a beatnik in the day. Or a beatnik-Jesus freak. If they existed.

Also... I found this today!
                            how to become a better musician It is written by someone from Hillsong, (whose name I do not recognise) so be forewarned if they're not your jive. Whether you like them or not, they are masters in their field.

My favourite one was 'Be Generous.' That's at times really hard for me to do. I find it so hard to commit to a roster and/or time and a place. I am a miser with my time and don't like giving it up. It reminded me some things are worth sacrificing a little immediate self-comfort for bigger picture pay-offs. And anyway, music is one of those things that becomes more powerful when it's shared around. ...I feel like I understand the Jesus feeds 5000 story now.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                            Free lessons in two words? You. Tube.
                            If anyone finds any good ones, post em up! I have access to some subscription based stuff which is excellent, but I find YouTube is just absolutely flooded with guitar lessons and a lot of it is really boring and too much talky. So yea, if you find a good one, we wanna know!

Comment

Working...
                            X