The curse of the 60's and 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The curse of the 60's and 70's

I know I probably should not offer my opinion as to the why of the state of our Country(America) but I will anyway cause I am old and talk a lot of gibberish.

I think that some people now in the Government are the ones that got the "BAD" acid,I remember some friends that were "Hippies","Druggies" way back in the when. I was actually surprised when the "Jesus freaks" started showing up,these were people I knew "Before" and I blame Bad acid. They perhaps were frightened by their vision of Jesus or the devil(pick one) and if frightened of Jesus decided to become for him or maybe against him cause he scared them. You could also say the same thing about seeing the devil in your acid dream. At any rate it seems people of my age in the Government may have been effected by their younger encounter with Bad acid. Think about this,it makes as much sense as any other explanation as to why we live in a time where a lot of people are saying crazy things.

I will admit I was an acid head when younger,and I did from time to time run into some BAD acid,but I got over it. It just might be that some were way to sensitive to be doing acid at all,and should have stayed straight as far as that drug.

So anyway you can blame the swinging 60' and 70's for all the mess that we are seeing right now.

Questions????
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: The curse of the 60's and 70's

The gov't. establishment provided that stuff. It was all a plot. (Maybe. )
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think people are crazy for a lot of different reasons. Is this one of them? Maybe for some people, it's entirely possible. But also, there's just the simple fact that people aren't always going to agree... And some of the things that I nod my head to have other people calling me crazy as well... It's all perspective and all relative.

Comment

Most everything from the 60's - 70's was wrong - it was the worst time for this country since the Civil War.

I am still amazed by the burnt out hippies who imagine this as their glory days.

A "peace movement" that led directly to the massacre of 2.5 million civilillians is a really good example of how f'd up things were, to say nothing of domestic terrorism and the political idiocy for which we are still living out the backlash.

I regret most of the things I was involved in back then - not the ideas, but the pathetic ignorance which with I pursued them.

Karma hurts - but I have to admit that I deserve it.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's plausible. But I also think that everyone is crazy to a certain degree. Some more than others.

"Normal is only a setting on a washing machine."
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I think it was an awesome time period, of much upheaval and change. Yes, there were terrible casualties. But if the social movements of that time hadn't happened, there would still be racially segregated drinking fountains, and women wouldn't be able to really support themselves or make choices for their lives.

The hippies were able to exist due to the prosperity of the times. You could rent an apt. with friends in Haight Ashbury or Greenwich Village with tips from sitting on the curb playing music, or selling handcrafted items at concerts. The idea of making a living doing something you liked, true entrepreneurship, was rampant, even though it wasn't viewed as "business" at the time. And honestly, many of them did their thing for a couple of years, then cut their hair and got regular jobs. What was essentially a teenage/college rebellion actually made a difference in the culture.

By the time I got to college, which I graduated from in '79, we'd moved back to makeup and fashion, and we had toga parties a la "Animal House", which really did nothing for the world. I had looked forward to participating in sit-ins, etc., and by the time I was old enough, it was no longer cool to do so. But I do thank those who came before me for freeing me from archaic social expectations, not to mention foundation garments.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah.

Watching a once great city burn as tanks & troop carriers rolled down Woodward Avenue as people shot from the rooftops, turning Detroit from one of the great cities of the world into an international byword for hell on earth - from which it has never and will never recover, was a real hoot.

Possibly Dumuzi can understand my feelings - however important the issues are (and yes, they were important), one would much rather see them settled in a more rational manner.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I do remember the bad things from those times,the SDS,the Weathermen,Manson,and some lost friends to the drug scene. It was in many was a frightening time,even though it seems most people(that were not alive then) seem to have a different memory than those of us that were there. Some of those times I have a "foggy" memory of due to drinking and drugs. I hear people talk about the flower children,but the "Flower power" was brief,and the bad stuff seems to have been forgotten.

I have good memories and bad memories from that time,Remember I hit those uneasy streets right after getting out of the military. Some things as Corbin says are still haunting us,and yes life has changed from those times but not always for the better.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Just sayin' - people are still doing drugs. Detroit is bankrupt. Different choices could have been made after the hippie era to prevent those things, but they weren't.

The path of my own life was altered by the race riots in Brooklyn. My parents moved us to Jersey when I was 11. That never would have happened otherwise. And I wouldn't be talking to you guys right now. I believe the assassination of JFK triggered massive change. And yes, I remember the day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X