Plant Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Care!

Over the last few years I have taken to raising bonsai trees. I currently have four residing in my bedroom, and I've found that raising them is definitely going to be a lifelong hobby of mine. It brings beauty to my life, it gives me a meditative act when I trim then, fertilize them, and give them their water. I find it to be relaxing, and it pulls me closer to nature. I love to nurture them, and train them so that they can look even more beautiful. It helps me think on the relationship between humans and nature, and what our roles are in living together, coexisting.

SO! I'm wondering if any of you lovely folks raise any interesting plants or trees! If so, I would love to see pictures! Let this be a thread about exotic plant care. :P

2013-05-15 19.29.26 (1).jpg

This little guy is Bert. He's been with me for about a year. He's a Ficus Bert (hence the really original name), and I will tell you, this tree does not die. In my early days of caring for him, he went through some rough spots, but he's back as strong as ever and is in his 3rd pot. (He grows fast!) He's definitely my favorite (but don't tell the others).

I'll put up some more pictures of my little guys later on. I look forward to seeing your little projects, too!

Re: Plant Care!

I like bonsai's but don't have any. I have a Virgin Island Love-leaf from 1979, a Neanthe Belle palm from 1986, and a Maranta (also called prayer plant, or rabbit track) from 1984, couple of cacti from the 90's, and some African Violets, Hoya's, Philodendron, Spider Plant, that are "new" (about 4 years old). Some of the older ones are in their 2nd or 3rd incarnations, from cuttings & whatnot. I love them all!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Wow, that's simply fantastic! One thing I positively love about plants is that they certainly have the capability to outlive me... I seriously hope to keep all of my bonsai trees with me throughout my life. They could even live with my children someday. Ambitious, yes, but it can be done. And that's what amazes me.

Comment

Don't overwater or over-fuss with them. Read up on the type you have or want, and make sure you have a place for it with the right kind of light, etc.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

We have a bonsai in our kitchen too. It even has a name - Tom.
          I would like to plant some blue, and azure and white roses. It would be simply fabulous!
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Does anyone have suggestions for natural organic fertilizer or plant booster in tough seasons such as winter?

Comment

Working...
            X