A strong pull towards meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A strong pull towards meditation

In the past few days I have had an urge to try to meditate BUT in a house full of hyper kids it is hard to even attempt to do such a thing but my mind is crying out for some time to be at peace.

So my question is, does anyone have any tips on how to manage this? anyone with any experience of trying to juggle a hectic household with the need for inner peace?

I need to put also I have never had the urge to meditate before so I am clueless on what to do :P

Thanks for your help in advance xxx
    http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Re: A strong pull towards meditation

Try to meditate when the kids are asleep, or out of home (going out with friends, library etc')
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Earplugs are how I manage in a crowded household. As for learning how, I'd strongly recommend looking for classes run by an experienced meditator, I found learning much faster and easier when I had someone in front of me explaining what to do, instead of trying to make sense from books or the internet. It should help you get out of the house and somewhere quiet to learn as well. Just make sure you don't get scammed, there are some groups out there charging outrageous prices for classes of dubious quality (one place I phoned wanted $800 up front).

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
        Earplugs are how I manage in a crowded household. As for learning how, I'd strongly recommend looking for classes run by an experienced meditator, I found learning much faster and easier when I had someone in front of me explaining what to do, instead of trying to make sense from books or the internet. It should help you get out of the house and somewhere quiet to learn as well. Just make sure you don't get scammed, there are some groups out there charging outrageous prices for classes of dubious quality (one place I phoned wanted $800 up front).
        I tried to look for classes, if I want to do bible study there are loads but where I am, no meditation classes

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Try to meditate when the kids are asleep, or out of home (going out with friends, library etc')
        Tried that before but I am always so dam tired maybe I need to get them to bed even earlier :wink razz:

Comment

I tried to look for classes, if I want to do bible study there are loads but where I am, no meditation classes
          That sucks, I figured if a city like mine had them than any city would. Ah well.

Tried that before but I am always so dam tired maybe I need to get them to bed even earlier
          before they wake up? I find meditating in the morning is best, the effects seem to really stick with you through the day. getting out of bed early can be a pain though, can only imagine how much harder it would be with kids to take care of.

Comment

Consider it a challange. As long as there is someone else who can take care of childminding and leave you free to do your thing, then just view it as one more thing to let go of, along with your daily stresses, thoughts of upcoming events and so on.
            "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Is there ever a time in your day where there's a kind of lull of activity? Is there any time where you could be able to create a lull and set aside that time every day to meditate?

I'm not sure if this is an option, but is there ever times where you can bring someone else into the turmoil and have them keep an eye on your kids for an hour or two once in awhile? That could be another window.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                That sucks, I figured if a city like mine had them than any city would. Ah well.

before they wake up? I find meditating in the morning is best, the effects seem to really stick with you through the day. getting out of bed early can be a pain though, can only imagine how much harder it would be with kids to take care of.
                well it is mainly Christian here so no one really meditates lol. I am used to getting up early but it can be difficult if my youngest has had a bad night (which is alot at the moment) but I think I will try for the early morning and see xxx

Comment

I would use headphones that cancel out all sound. Or use earphones and plug them into an ipod for meditation music and crank it up enought that I can't hear anything.
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Working...
                  X