questions about blood magick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about blood magick.

What if you bloodlet in a five pointed star of white candles?

Re: questions about blood magick.

Nothing because there is no specific intent...

Comment

Why would you do that?
      "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Okay well if I were to make a bloodcharm

Comment

And the reason to make a "bloodcharm" would be...?
          "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

A templar comes and chops your head off:

Comment

I am curious as to which type of blood your looking at, ie menstrual, left or right arm, heck even time of the month compared to the moon under which it is being drawn. Well that and perhaps how you are planning to obtain such blood, be it human, animal or even vegetable considering some consider the sap equal to blood.

The rest of a bloodcharm or using white candles suggests no focus or intent to me anyway.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Your lack of detail or any specification of intent tells me you are probably new to paganism and are interested in blood magick because it is "cool" and against the norm.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But most semi-researched pagans would know that magic isn't just about doing something and seeing what happens, there needs to be intent.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnsmyeyes View Post
                  What if you bloodlet in a five pointed star of white candles?
                  Then you've cut yourself and bled all over those nice white candles. Go get a band-aid & stop contaminating the place with biological waste.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    Your lack of detail or any specification of intent tells me you are probably new to paganism and are interested in blood magick because it is "cool" and against the norm.
                    Against the norm? Damn, I've breaking the rules...

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                      A templar comes and chops your head off:

Thread over. Aeran wins.

Comment

Why don't we knock off this behavior and either answer the question in a constructive way or not post at all.
                        k Thanks.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Can you tell us what you think a "blood charm" is or the purpose of blood magic? Magic of any kind doesn't just happen because you do things in a certain way.You also need intent and purpose otherwise it's like putting all the recipe ingredients for a cake together and not turning on the stove.

Blood magic and blood offerings have a long history in magic. Animals were slaughtered (and still are) as offerings to deities for their blood and meat. The importance of blood and it's power is even touched on in the bible
                          "Leviticus 17:11 - For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."
                          Based on this we can see that blood has long been associated with the energy of life and the essence of life. We know many ancient cultures were involved in animal and human sacrifice with blood being an integral part of the rituals. However in many cases the meat was the center point as it would be offered to the god as a meal and the blood was simply a byproduct that later attained ritual significance.

A significant culture to mention when discussing blood in magic are the mesoamerican societies. The Maya, Aztec, Olmec and Inca being the largest and most well known all practiced animal and human sacrifice with some rituals focusing primarily on blood rather than the meat. Special significance was given to blood in these societies as it was a principal offering for several of their primary deities such as the Aztec gods Acolnahuacatl and Tlaloc. They had the belief that the gods constantly sacrificed themselves to maintain the physical world and that sacrifice gave them the life energy to continue to maintain the world. Piercings and rituals involving the blood that was subsequently produced were important rites of passage in society where the blood would be given as burnt offerings for blessings form the gods.

Perhaps most infamously is the modern notion of the vampire. People who believe themselves to be sanguine vampires consume human and/or animal blood supposedly for the life energy it contains. Their reasons for doing so range but there is little to no evidence to suggest that their claims are valid. Sanguine vampires claim that they experience negative effects from a lack of blood consumption. Magic is often interwoven with the claims these people make but there are so many varied justifications, reasonings and theories it would be impossible to even touch on all of them.

In modern magic blood is still sometimes used depending on the purpose. A woman might use menstrual blood as a part of a fertility ritual for example and likewise blood drawn from different portions of the body are thought to have different magical properties. Blood may be either let from the practitioner or donor or otherwise obtained from animals. Animal blood (like most things) can be bought online or sometimes from local butchers. In my own practice of necromancy I sometimes use blood as an offering to placate summoned spirits.
                          As in the past blood is still seen as a symbol for life. Most often it would seem that ancients offered blood and meat to the gods however, as magic has evolved the use of blood in magic has also. It is important to think if the blood has a place in the magic or not. Is it really appropriate to use blood in the ritual? Magic is not a game and wanting to add blood to your rituals because you think it's cool or are emulating things seen in movies or books is foolish.
                          Circe

Comment

Working...
                          X