Homo Rant (lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homo Rant (lol)

If you dont agree with homosexuality then you may not want to read this.

I am sooo sick and tired of the thread after thread after thread of anti gay sentiments on other forums being posted and the accusations they make about the so called gay lifestyle, gay agenda, homos start aids etc UGH.

First of all, these people act as though being a homo is the worst possible thing someone could ever do or be. Last I checked murder was a bigger issue AND more frowned upon by most religions.

Also, people loooove to act like they are experts on topics they actually know NOTHING about!

UUUUUGH!
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: Homo Rant (lol)

Thankfully, I haven't been exposed to much anti-gay sentiment. It's not a thing I've ever had to come across either online or in person.
    Having said that, if I did, I'd probably just extricate myself from the conversation before my IQ starts to pullet from being in proximity with that kind of person
    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

I live in an interesting town, where half the people are of a religious belief system other than Christianity, and the other half are very, very conservative. As you can imagine, this causes some issues. Almost everyone is accepted in our community, because there are so many accepting people, but every once in a while you will hear some idiot say something that is just so incredibly rude that it amazes you.
      At my school we have a day devoted to gay pride, which is put on by a club dedicated to the same. On that day, you could not believe the number of people that show up wearing anti-gay t-shirts and whatnot. Pathetic.

Comment

I try to educate people on the subject, but it gets a little frustrating when you get compared to murderers and pedos. It often feels like I am banging my head against a brick wall covered in spikes.
        There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
          I try to educate people on the subject, but it gets a little frustrating when you get compared to murderers and pedos. It often feels like I am banging my head against a brick wall covered in spikes.
          Honestly, you just have to ignore people like that... The way my mom puts it is it's "like trying to describe to a fish what water is". Close minded people have it so ingrained in them that they literally cannot see anything else. People can change, though, it just takes a hell of a patient person, and a willing participant.

Comment

If you dont agree with homosexuality then you may not want to read this.

I am sooo sick and tired of the thread after thread after thread of anti gay sentiments on other forums being posted and the accusations they make about the so called gay lifestyle, gay agenda, homos start aids etc UGH.

First of all, these people act as though being a homo is the worst possible thing someone could ever do or be. Last I checked murder was a bigger issue AND more frowned upon by most religions.

Also, people loooove to act like they are experts on topics they actually know NOTHING about!

UUUUUGH!
            My daughter is Gay. So it's more than a little amusing to me when a uniform makes a crack about "homos".

Luce,
            Authority plus vindictiveness = win.

Comment

My homo friends could seriously kick ass. I wouldn't make fun of them or hassle them. Ever!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hmmmm maybe your just on the wrong sites D girl, i cant say ive ever come across anti gay stuff on websites ive been on, on really in life for that matter i mean yeah ive met the odd person who is anti gay but most of the time i meet people who don't mind it. maybe its and aussie thing with your men being "manly" men hahaha

Comment

Overall, you'll find this a tolerant group towards homosexuality, so this is a good place to rant!

I don't get it a lot in my life, because almost everyone I know is for gay rights. For example, there were at least five posts on my facebook news feed this morning about how everyone should boycott the 2014 Olympics in Russia. I also live in a city with a gay mayor, and he's been mayor for a while, so that should tell you a bit about how the average Berliner feels about homosexuality (to be honest, I hate our mayor, but I hate him for his total lack of competence, not his sexuality). I live in a bubble, basically. I do see a lot of commentary on the internet, either in comments or articles, and I have a lot of trouble understanding the backlash. Because I live in a bubble, it's really weird for me. I guess it's promising in a way though...there are places in the world where being gay is so normal and accepted that people who hate based on sexuality are frowned upon, and people don't understand homophobia as a modern attitude. Hopefully, this will describe more of the world over the years.

Once upon a time, I didn't live in a bubble, and I lived in a small town where a lot of people were homophobic. I moved away 11 years ago though, so my experiences there were sort of frozen in time. From what I hear, homophobia still exists there, but it's getting better. When I went to school, no one was out, but now there are teens who are out.

Comment

In my town, people are just so naive. In some way it's not their fault, because they live over 600km away from a major city, effectively they are hicks. But anyone will any intelligence will listen. And mostly they just don't care.

It can be frustrating though. I'm getting that 'banging head against a wall of spikes' thing at the moment, as we are heading into an election... *sigh*
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      Overall, you'll find this a tolerant group towards homosexuality, so this is a good place to rant!

I don't get it a lot in my life, because almost everyone I know is for gay rights. For example, there were at least five posts on my facebook news feed this morning about how everyone should boycott the 2014 Olympics in Russia. I also live in a city with a gay mayor, and he's been mayor for a while, so that should tell you a bit about how the average Berliner feels about homosexuality (to be honest, I hate our mayor, but I hate him for his total lack of competence, not his sexuality). I live in a bubble, basically. I do see a lot of commentary on the internet, either in comments or articles, and I have a lot of trouble understanding the backlash. Because I live in a bubble, it's really weird for me. I guess it's promising in a way though...there are places in the world where being gay is so normal and accepted that people who hate based on sexuality are frowned upon, and people don't understand homophobia as a modern attitude. Hopefully, this will describe more of the world over the years.

Once upon a time, I didn't live in a bubble, and I lived in a small town where a lot of people were homophobic. I moved away 11 years ago though, so my experiences there were sort of frozen in time. From what I hear, homophobia still exists there, but it's getting better. When I went to school, no one was out, but now there are teens who are out.
                      With time, I feel that things can only improve. The world really is changing, and for the better. People will tell you humanity is declining and falling apart, but look at how far we have come. I feel that people are waking up. Slowly, yes, but one by one people are realizing that treating others like they are not equal is foolish. We're all the same on the inside.

Comment

I guess my biggest problem is posting on a largely christian forum lol. It is also mostly populated by american christians so I am not sure if this is an aussie thing at all. Sure we are coming up against brick walls legalizing gay marriage here, but I have not yet been abused while out with my gf and most of my friends and family have never preached at me about it. Having said that, I notice people will be all YAY FOR GAY from behind their computer screens but judge like an ignoramus in real life.

William Wordsworth

Comment

I've definitely run across some intolerance online and in RL, although definitely not here. Even in my own family. There are members of my family that like to argue that because I "decided" to be gay I "brought the ridicule on myself". I just think them ignorant. I'm not really out there about it. I don't flaunt it. I do have a small pride tattoo on my ankle. It's a puzzle piece. It doesn't say HI I'M A LESBIAN in big neon letters or anything, but that's about as far as my 'flaunting it' goes. Still, I've run into a lot of crap. I generally try to ignore it and just remind myself that I have good friends and that while I can't pick my blood family, I have some "family" who mean more to me than some of them ever will, and who have stood beside me no matter what, and that's what matters, really, as far as I'm concerned.
                          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Having said that, I notice people will be all YAY FOR GAY from behind their computer screens but judge like an ignoramus in real life.
                            I've found it to be the other way around, myself. And not just about homosexuality. People will be sweet as pie to your face, but then when they get on their computer the ignorant vitriol is positively toxic.
                            "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I wonder if that all depends on where the person is from and how homosexuality is accepted there? Most people are more candid and more willing to express their true beliefs online. Maybe the homophobes in liberal areas show their true colors online, and the people who live in conservative areas go along with the crowd in their hometowns, but show support for gay rights online. Just a theory though.

And then there are the trolls...lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X