Homo Rant (lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homo Rant (lol)

When I was in high school (a good 20 years ago now), homophobia was normal. Here in the UK, Section 28 was in full force. When I came out (in the leafy green suburbs) it was the talk of the school.

I got a lot of hassle, and because of Section 28 (which outlawed the 'promotion' of 'pretend' family relationships), none of the teachers were able/willing to do anything about it. It wasn't pleasant.

Since then, so much has changed (where I live, anyway). It now seems like homophobic attitudes are what's weird. What a privilege it is to have seen the tunaround.

That said, I've been single for years, and I have a child - I imagine most of the people in my neighbourhood assume I'm straight. If I was seeing someone...well, that might change things.

Comment

What pisses me off most about homophobia is when those homophobes go and and on, spewing hate and lies towards the LGBT community. "Homosexuals are an abomination!" "The homosexual lifestyle is a very dangerous lifestyle!" "Homosexuals are going to hell!"

1. Okay, first of all, if you're gonna be against homosexuality, dont' call it a lifestyle. Because it's not a lifestyle. It doesnt define your religion, your tastes in music, your tastes in clothing etc. Call it a sexuality. SEXUALITY!! Is that really hard for you to understand?

2. You don't get to decide who's going to hell and who's not. So quit judging! Aren't you supposed to leave that up to your god?

3. The real abomination here is all this hate that you seem to have against the LGBT community.

"I don't hate gay people. I just disagree with their lifestyle."

Then disagree with the SEXUALITY!!! And stop spewing hate against them. Just leave them the hell alone if you disagree with them. Quit telling them what they are is sinful, unnatural, wrong, an abomination! That's just bullshit.

"You can't be Christian and gay!"

You can't be Christian and homophobe. That's just the way I see it. Everyone has their own path and all paths are very valid paths to follow. But once you hurt people in the name of your path, then it becomes invalid.

You can disagree with the sexuality. You can disagree with those who are for gay rights. But once you start hating on them and taking their rights away, then you will be labeled as a homophobe in my eyes.

Comment

When a pastor says that the Nazi party was born from a gay bar in Berlin and homosexual fascists are attacking businesses through pink mafia efforts, it's time to back away slowly. There's a recording of this rant at the bottom and hearing it was what really put me over on this. It's different to read something when you can hear it. I just.. what. The sheer number of historical inaccuracies...
        Circe

Comment

This kind of crap pops up from time to time,and I am convinced that a lot of these people ate the "Special" mushrooms thinking they were eating a special gourmet treat.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            When a pastor says that the Nazi party was born from a gay bar in Berlin and homosexual fascists are attacking businesses through pink mafia efforts, it's time to back away slowly. There's a recording of this rant at the bottom and hearing it was what really put me over on this. It's different to read something when you can hear it. I just.. what. The sheer number of historical inaccuracies...
            Isn't that the same moron who wrote the Pink Swastika?

Comment

UGH. Sometimes people just need to be slapped.

In the face.

With a chair.

When are people going to realize that hate speech and crap like that is SO 50 years ago? I think people that do stuff like that are just plain not right. I mean, look at what's allowed in the media nowadays. When I was in elementary school, all these condom commercials and sexual innuendo and stuff on the television didn't exist.... at least not to the extent it does today. Hell, we have our first black president. Why can't people pull their heads out of their butts and let people lead their own lifestyle without sticking their noses in other people's business and judging them for something that, on the whole, doesn't affect anyone but them? Just saying.
              It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
              -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post

In the face.

With a chair.

When are people going to realize that hate speech and crap like that is SO 50 years ago? I think people that do stuff like that are just plain not right. I mean, look at what's allowed in the media nowadays. When I was in elementary school, all these condom commercials and sexual innuendo and stuff on the television didn't exist.... at least not to the extent it does today. Hell, we have our first black president. Why can't people pull their heads out of their butts and let people lead their own lifestyle without sticking their noses in other people's business and judging them for something that, on the whole, doesn't affect anyone but them? Just saying.
                When people have privilege, they will fight to maintain it even if it is not in the best interest of their people or the entire human race. It is a sad little fact.

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post

In the face.

With a chair.
                  I would like to intimately acquaint their countenance with the common manufactured structure used for sitting in many countries, repeatedly.

Personally I would prefer to bludgeon them with salmon or similar undersea fauna.
                  Circe

Comment

Ouch...because Naziism was from Berlin (no) and the Nazis didn't horribly discriminate against gay people, intern them, and kill them (yes)? If you're going to go spewing hate, at least read a book. Though, I guess on average, people who read a lot of books don't tend to go spewing a lot of hate...

Comment

I would like to intimately acquaint their countenance with the common manufactured structure used for sitting in many countries, repeatedly.

Personally I would prefer to bludgeon them with salmon or similar undersea fauna.
                      Fish- slap 'em!!! Lol
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

That is awesome lol
                        There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
                        William Wordsworth

Comment

Working...
                        X