No announcement yet.

What Element are you most drawn too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Element are you most drawn too.

Originally posted by alternatingSelves View Post
    to me, steam is the result of water and air. smoke, fire and air. both involve other elements, but air is a definite part of them. they could not exist without the air, and they exist within the realm of the air. flight is, as you said, riding on air currents. which means it also could not exist without air. none of these things could exist without air, and in fact use air as an integral part of themself. therefore, I associate them with the air.
    But wouldn't that make it a union of two elements and not representative of a singular element? For instance mud is the union of earth and water so it has both aspects yet is neither of them at the same time. As for existing without Air that I think is a logical fallacy when you look to the universe and see places without air that contain clouds, smoke, storms, etc. Consider Neptune or Jupiter as gaseous giants or even upon earth itself when you look to many boundary points such as volcanic boundaries where say earth, fire and water meet and create chemical changes which are not dependent upon air ie Hydrogen and Oxygen beyond a chemical component.

I'd add that air is not a requirement for flight. There are potentially methods which will never need air as a flotation source so the greatest aspect to be overcome is gravity.

Not trying to be argumentative here it's just Air is one element that intrigues me when I see how people relate to it or attempt to identify it in their lives.
    Last edited by monsno_leedra; 21 Oct 2013, 10:59.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      But wouldn't that make it a union of two elements and not representative of a singular element? For instance mud is the union of earth and water so it has both aspects yet is neither of them at the same time. As for existing without Air that I think is a logical fallacy when you look to the universe and see places without air that contain clouds, smoke, storms, etc. Consider Neptune or Jupiter as gaseous giants or even upon earth itself when you look to many boundary points such as volcanic boundaries where say earth, fire and water meet and create chemical changes which are not dependent upon air ie Hydrogen and Oxygen beyond a chemical component.

I'd add that air is not a requirement for flight. There are potentially methods which will never need air as a flotation source so the greatest aspect to be overcome is gravity.

Not trying to be argumentative here it's just Air is one element that intrigues me when I see how people relate to it or attempt to identify it in their lives.
      what do you think is representative of air then?

Comment

Originally posted by alternatingSelves View Post
        what do you think is representative of air then?
        Truthfully that is part of what I ask.

For me I see air as the breath of life yet again that is a union of air and matter so not an actual representation of air itself. There in I think lies the only method to identify Air, by its union with another thing not as a physical element except as a chemical compound. You can't really use fight, smoke, clouds, etc as those can also be formed from other lighter gases such as helium or hydrogen which have also been used for flight. Even the union of other elements becomes difficult in that when exposed to other gases similar chemical reactions can produce fairly close compounds that have the same physical representation. Consider acidic rain is still water though its chemical construction has changed, yet can you make acidic air?

It's like if one uses the traditional elements of Earth, Wind, Water and Fire does wind then actually equate to Air? From a chemical action earth is the result of chemical change, water is the result of chemical change, fire is the result of chemical change yet is wind? Movement of wind is possibly a chemical action yet is mostly a physical action caused by some catalyst acting upon it, many times subject to outside forces acting upon the planet. Yet their is no air or wind in space in the terrestrial sense so its the rotation of heavenly bodies and magnetic fields of influence.

That's why a breath of life is the most I can state this is Air.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Earth / Ground. Fire and Air don't appeal to me much at all, and Water only does so at rare times. My favorite place I have ever been is the desert. I love lush environments but for some reason, the cacti, red rocks, and barren sand draw me in.

I couldn't restrain myself from doing some climbing and taking these pictures: Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadedfile_130268565637709982-001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	352028

My scanner is terrible, by the way. Those look much better if you're actually holding them.

Comment

I am more of the element Air. I am a Gemini.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My friend keeps trying to "discover" my element. He keeps coming up with water, and he keeps wanting to start over again. Lol I think he's hoping it he tries long enough that my element will change...? Although if you were to count light as its own element, that could be a possibility.

Comment

I used to have dreams as a child that I was a Dryad who belonged to a tall, golden oak tree. I have always been drawn to the earth. I will, however state that you missed the most important element, Spirit.

^^^ Help us to hatch and grow with a click!
                ^^^

Comment

Earth and Fire.

Strongly tied to earth because I am a devotee of The Huntress (my goddess of the wild), and I've been drawn my whole life to the wonders of the wilderness. It's rawness, it's unconfined and wild, it's tangible and real. Walking barefoot through the grass and just feeling the dirt under my fingers gives me a spiritual connection like no other.

Fire because it is a symbol of purity to me. It's incorruptible, its what corrupts what's around it, it's a force of power. And through it's destruction can bring new life. The sun, made of fire, is what helped sustain life on our planet. Just staring at a flame gives me a sense of the purity of the divine and gives me a sense of awe. And in my practice, saying a prayer over fire/a candle, is a way for my prayers to symbolically reach the gods through it's smoke. My affinity for fire is really symbol-based, obviously. ::

I have an odd connection when it comes to water. I'm quite intimidated by it. Streams, and calm waters, are pleasant. But when it comes to large lakes and the ocean, I find myself in an awe that often times makes me uncomfortable, and sense the darker side of nature. The power of the ocean is immense and unforgiving, and there is a whole other world beneath those waves that I can't see. The Ocean Goddess often intimidates me with her power and her domain.

Comment

Fire. Because I just enjoy its energy more than the others.
                    Second would be water.

Comment

I've always seen myself as a Fire elemental, having both a Sun and Moon sign that are fiery (Aries and Sagittarius respectively). However, my rising sign is Cancer so there is a lovely clash But I do believe I like Fire the most out of all the elements.
                      sigpic

Comment

My problem is that I am drawn to different elements at different times. Such as right now I am very much drawn to the fire element. As winter approaches I can feel the heat in my bones, welling up and spilling over my skin to help keep me warm during the dark months. When I am canoeing on the backwaters of the Mississippi I feel a loss of control to air. I need to work WITH this energy because I will not win if I fight it. Last year during the drought I was drawn to the power of water. Without her energy life withered and sunk back into a hidden place waiting for her to return. I hear earth's song when she is buried deep beneath the snows. She is hard and unforgiving, but if I am patient she will use her energy to bring forth life.

If I focus on one or another of the elements at any one time, another pops up and tells me they are needed too. The garden needs the earth to produce food, but the fire energy of the sun is what causes photosynthesis, the water energy of rain releases the minerals of the earth and gives them to the plants, and the power of air in the wind makes the plants strong enough to come to maturity. From all this energy my spirit is nurtured.

I am just no help at all for this survey.

Comment

When I was a kid I would have said water, but for the past few years I've been attracted to fire and energy. It gives me the most energized and powerful feelings, and I'm especially fond of meditations involving fire.

Comment

I've always been drawn to water ever since I was little. I'm a Scorpio (a water sign). I've always had a thing with the beach and swimming. No matter what, I always feel at home when I'm close to the water. Also, the "personality" of water describes me to the letter: emotional, intuitive, blah blah blah.

Since I've gotten older, my sense of reality has grown, and with it my connection to earth. It seems I have to be more level-headed now that I'm an adult. Plus, with my water personality taking me off to daydream-land, I need something to pull me back down once in a while and wake me up.

Never felt much of a connection with fire and air.

Comment

No one tells the wind which way to blow. It's freedom. It's change. It's untouchable and yet in your face. Clear, fresh, and free.

Second is fire but that is a reaction.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I chose air because that's currently my leading element. However, I used to be air/fire (lightning, as it tended to manifest in my case - although some folks would tell you it was just a lot of hot air). After I met my shadow, my fire element stopped being so strong - for my personality, I believe this is the correct balance.
                                OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                                The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                                Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Working...
                                X