Flidais healing me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flidais healing me?

Hello. Within the last year (or a bit more), I've had several experiences where Flidais offers to heal me. If I understand correctly, this is rather odd. The first time I was in a shapeshifted animal form, but she could tell perfectly well that I also had a humanoid form; after that, it's almost always been when I'm in humanoid form. Has anyone else heard about her healing humans? If so, I'd love to learn more about why this is happening. I'm not alarmed or anything; the healing feels good, and this is the only deity that heals me (unless you count Asclepius, who helps me sleep well on occasion, but that's only an indirect form of healing). Some guides help me heal others, but only Flidais seems to want to heal me.
    OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
    The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
    Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Re: Flidais healing me?

Flidais is a destroyer deity but she is also a giver of life. She is the queen of the forests raw bounty and its savagery. The destroyer also often purifies and purges the world of disease and wickedness. I've heard of this sort of thing personally, but she is all at once furious and motherly. If I could ask what manner of beast were you in the form of when you received this vision? She has a fondness for deer and cattle, and is also fond of adopting the shapes of beasts herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
      Flidais is a destroyer deity but she is also a giver of life. She is the queen of the forests raw bounty and its savagery. The destroyer also often purifies and purges the world of disease and wickedness. I've heard of this sort of thing personally, but she is all at once furious and motherly. If I could ask what manner of beast were you in the form of when you received this vision? She has a fondness for deer and cattle, and is also fond of adopting the shapes of beasts herself.
      You bet. Thanks for your interest.

A quick word on my jargon. To me, a familiar is an animal in the physical world that helps you with spirit work, while an animal guide is a representative of a given species that dwells in the spirit world, and a totem is the animal that best represents a person and his or her personal energy. I actually have two totems, but Flidais never visits me in the second and more recent totem form; she first came to me when I was a black panther, my older totem form. When she reveals herself in a form (as opposed to just a feeling or invisible presence), she looks like an off-white cow - the healing sometimes involves her giving me milk to drink. It's been years since I read "The Cattle Raid at Cooley," but I think I remember her having something to do with cattle and sex (not simultaneously, unless I've forgotten more than I thought). I've read several entries in magical encyclopediae about her being associated with healing animals, but I'm not even sure what part of her mythology this comes from. I obviously need to do some reading and re-reading about her when I have a chance. And I welcome any help you can offer.
      OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
      The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
      Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
        You bet. Thanks for your interest.

A quick word on my jargon. To me, a familiar is an animal in the physical world that helps you with spirit work, while an animal guide is a representative of a given species that dwells in the spirit world, and a totem is the animal that best represents a person and his or her personal energy. I actually have two totems, but Flidais never visits me in the second and more recent totem form; she first came to me when I was a black panther, my older totem form. When she reveals herself in a form (as opposed to just a feeling or invisible presence), she looks like an off-white cow - the healing sometimes involves her giving me milk to drink. It's been years since I read "The Cattle Raid at Cooley," but I think I remember her having something to do with cattle and sex (not simultaneously, unless I've forgotten more than I thought). I've read several entries in magical encyclopediae about her being associated with healing animals, but I'm not even sure what part of her mythology this comes from. I obviously need to do some reading and re-reading about her when I have a chance. And I welcome any help you can offer.
        Well she is a fertility Goddess too. She is a mother and a hunter and as I said, has a fondness for cattle. She was know to deal with the health and growth of the forest and deer and cattle in particular. She was said to be as merciful as he was fierce. It's also telling that she showed in the form of an off-white cow. White was associated with the other world. The white stag for example was considered very sacred and was considered a representative of Lugh. Her healing someone especially when they are channeling totem spirits would seem very much like her.

Comment

Working...
        X