X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused...

Good time of the day, everyone!
    On the last few days, I feel a bit helpless in the spiritual way. I am absolutely confused, and I don't seem to know who is my patron God. I am Kemetic, and I tried contacted with Djehuty (mainly), and I also asked Bast for help (rarely)..
    When I was looking for ways to find my patron God, an article said to look for signs, symbols, smells.
    Then a memmory came to my mind. A few years ago, a hawk landed near the entrance to our house. I was present, and the hawk was frequently looking at me from time to time. Perhaps, it was a sign?
    What do you think?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: I am confused...

It's hard to tell, though it couldn't hurt to reach out to one of the hawk gods.

Listen to your intuition. Also think if you've seen any other signs since then. A few years ago is a good amount of time for a sign, but signs don't necessarily expire like milk. You could also pray for further signs.

The gods can be almost naggingly insistent when they're trying to get your attention, but it's easy for them to get drowned out in the chaos of daily life. Take a few minutes every night (or morning, whatever works best for you) to clear your mind and make yourself open to communication from your patron deity(ies). You might also try skimming a site like Henadology to see if there are any names that jump out at you. Listen to your intuition and don't be unpleasantly surprised/disappointed if you're called by a name you didn't expect.

Also be aware that not everyone has a patron deity and not having one won't stop you from having a meaningful, close relationship with one or more of the Netjeru. Those who aren't called by a deity often choose one or more for themselves and are perfectly happy.
    Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      Good time of the day, everyone!
      On the last few days, I feel a bit helpless in the spiritual way. I am absolutely confused, and I don't seem to know who is my patron God. I am Kemetic, and I tried contacted with Djehuty (mainly), and I also asked Bast for help (rarely)..
      When I was looking for ways to find my patron God, an article said to look for signs, symbols, smells.
      Then a memmory came to my mind. A few years ago, a hawk landed near the entrance to our house. I was present, and the hawk was frequently looking at me from time to time. Perhaps, it was a sign?
      What do you think?
      Signs are difficult to read many times even under the best of conditions. A hawk landing at or near the entrance way to your home is not really that unusual in many places. Even having it look at you does not really mean its a sign of and by itself. A dog that pauses and watches you does not mean its a sign or anything more than it was aware of you or watching you as a potential threat to it. Consider is it a sign when you encounter a person near your home or at the mall who appears to be watching you as you focus your attention upon him / her? The fact you are watching them more closely often will cause them to watch you more closely as they try to determine why you are watching them. Animals are not really any different in that capacity.

I would say it's also not unfamiliar or strange to experience periods of helplessness within ones spiritual development. Sometimes it may originate simply from the fact one has taken in to much information and have not processed it completely. Other times it's like the tide upon the ocean, there are high tides, low tides and what appears to be no tides upon a glass surface. Yet the tidal influences are always there none the less but the joy, elation, sadness or uncertainty mark the point in the tidal cycle as it rises, falls or simply exists about us.

I am probably in the minority in that I do not believe one can pick and choose who their god / goddess will be. A god / goddess will either choose you themselves or potentially acknowledge you but never claim you, at worse simply ignore you or threaten you as if your a stalker. You may decide that this or that god / goddess is the one for you and do all the bells, whistles and such for them and convince yourself they have answered when there is no such response other than you making it appear as such. Not everyone will have a patron or patroness who calls them regardless of how much they seek and search for one.

Nor will having a patron or patroness mean you'll have a loving, talk filled relationship with said god or goddess as many Christian practices suggest one has with the Christian God. A concept that has carried into many paganism 101 books with regards to finding your god / goddess. In some ways it seems many archaic cults, religions or spirituality were more a quid pro quid in that you made offerings to a god / goddess and they did what you asked if they found your offering sufficient. If not then nothing happened or you might find yourself in deep water from offending them by not making the proper offering, libation, etc to them.

The Egyptian gods / goddesses are harder for me to connect to as they are created then re-created many times over the decades and various kingdoms. The Bast of the 2nd dynastic period is a far cry different than the Bast of the Middle Kingdom around the 22nd dynasty for instance which is still different from the Hellenic Bast of the later Greek period. So which one are you calling upon for help and what type of help at that becomes the issue. Sekor is a Middle Kingdom period god from around Memphis as his main area of influence, yet he is also tied to Ptah who has a much wider area of influence. Many times tied via a connector of names such as Ptah-Sekor, similar to Bast and Pahket with Sekhmet in regards to Upper, Lower or Middle Egypt and Nile.

All I can say is when in the lows reflect upon what you've learnt and prepare for the wild rides that come with the highs. That and perhaps learn to read the highs that occur within the deepest of lows and the lows that occur within the most dynamic periods of your highs.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

When I started I absolutely KNEW that I was meant to work with the Celtic gods. Most of my family is some variety of Celtic. And I grew up on the myths. So of course it was just a given that's how it would be. Yet every time I tried to approach the Celtic gods, all I got was the spiritual equivalent of crickets chirping.

After four years of that I finally just made a plea to the universe at large. If any god or goddess was interested in me, would they pretty please show themselves? And I got a response. From a Norse goddess. I DO have some Norse blood in my family line, but it's so small I never even thought about it. But after meeting Her, I looked back on events in my life and I saw a LOT of things that pointed to Norse deities and religious practice. Of course, since I'd already made up my mind that it would be the Celtic gods, I completely missed it all.
        "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
          After four years of that I finally just made a plea to the universe at large. If any god or goddess was interested in me, would they pretty please show themselves? And I got a response. From a Norse goddess
          This is pretty much exactly how it worked out for me, only the answer was from Odin. I also had the same ordeal, I thought I was mostly Celtic in bloodline (English/Scottish) but I remembered that I read somewhere that my family began when the Viking warbands raided Britain and left some "DNA" in a few places. So it all clicked.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

When I look on the last 2 months, I think, that they are an exam for me.
            An exam which I must pass and prove my strength and knowledge.
            My name has norse roots, and my blood Slavic roots.
            I believe I must pass this exam successfuly.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

When I look on the last 2 months, I think, that they are an exam for me.
              An exam which I must pass and prove my strength and knowledge.
              My name has norse roots, and my blood Slavic roots.
              I believe I must pass this exam successfuly.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Who is "they"?

Comment

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Who is "they"?
                If I understand correctly I think he is referring to the past two months as they.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                  If I understand correctly I think he is referring to the past two months as they.
                  So what does that have to do wtih a norse name and Slavic blood? o.O

Comment

So what does that have to do wtih a norse name and Slavic blood? o.O
                    Trying to figure that aspect out myself. At this point have no idea where this thread or its purpose is going.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      Trying to figure that aspect out myself. At this point have no idea where this thread or its purpose is going.
                      They = the last 2 months

Comment

They = the last 2 months
                        That part I understood. Where I am confused is the whole purpose of the thread and what blood has to do with this test you think your undergoing. You claim to be a practitioner of a practice based upon the ancient Egyptian pantheon. Your claiming your name is derived from a Nordic (that could be Icelandic, Germanic or Norse) source and your blood from a Slavic (to many possibilities there but figure anywhere in the former Soviet Block of Eastern Europe and USSR itself) source, neither of which fits very well to an Egyptian practice if your suggesting blood is the defining and driving factor.

I suppose one could claim the idea that the Vikings made it down to the Black Sea and had camps along the way. As such potentially a Nordic name with Slavic blood connections. However, that still rules out the Egyptian pantheon if your following blood as the testing factor here I would think. Perhaps one might suggest a Hellenized Kemetic god / goddess that would possibly be found around the Black Sea region which the Vikings may have encountered could be calling to you. Not aware of any such but it is a possibility, though such a possibility could also apply to any Arabian sourced deity as well given trade routes and such. Potentially even a Egyptian based magical / occult practice that pushed into the same area's but again an Arabian based system could equally apply considering the Chaldean's came from parts of modern Saudi Arabia if I recall correctly.

But that is conjecture on my part as to what your asking or speaking about as it remains unfocused, to me anyway, as to what your asking from what I can see in-regards to this "Testing" your speaking of.

Comment

The Slavic blood and the Norse name have nothing to do with my being Kemetic.
                          But when Vigdisdotter wrote about the answer from a diety of another part of thw world, I began thinking about other options, outside Kemetism.
                          His response was made me think outside the borders I knew.
                          The second paragraph of your response is very confusing and unclear.
                          And the "testing" you wrote about:
                          Let me explain- there were many times when a person, or a king had to pass a test in order to prove his strength and show dignity to the patronage of one or another god.

Comment

I'll just drop out of this for it seems there are a number of red herrings being tossed in here and none of them appear to apply other than as a distractor. Your not a king nor are you part of an established clergy under a Kemetic Church. You indicate your blood now has no purpose in being stated. So as I stated I still have no idea what your trying to do with this thread. BUt as I indicated i'll just drop out of the discussion now.

Comment

I do not pretend to be a king. just leave it alone..

Comment

Working...
                              X