Greatest fears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greatest fears.

I need to add one to my list. Car fires. Car fires terrify me, and that's why I refuse to wear a seatbelt. I'd rather go through a windshield than get panicked during a car fire and not be able to get out of my seatbelt and burn to death.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Mirrors ^.^ haha

They are a friend and an enemy all at once!

Honestly though, probably dog attacks. I go cycling and walking on my own a lot. It does scare me if I see a wandering bigger dog, although I've probably only had just one attack (kind of) in my whole life.

I have a friend who has a gift with dogs. She was walking to work and a rather large wandering dog just came up to her and put his front paws on her shoulders (she's pretty short!). She loves them and they love her.

Comment

awe,that's cute.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I have Lepidopterophobia, which is a phobia towards butterflies and moths. I can't see one without breathing heavily. And if one is fluttering near me, I enter a kind of shock state in which I can barely move or breathe, or I completely panic and run away screaming.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Mirrors in the dark scare the shit ut of me. Everytime
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Quin7900 View Post
              Mirrors in the dark scare the shit ut of me. Everytime
              ^ - this, too. And pulling back a curtain after dark & seeing myself reflected in the window. Startles me every single time, even if I'm expecting it.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I have a morbid fear of centipedes. Give me snakes, frogs, even cockroaches, but don't give me a centipede. I even shriek and hide my face if I see one on TV.
                sigpic

Comment

Nothing bothers or scares me in particular.

Comment

People. Just average, ordinary, every-day people. Hence I hadn't left the house for years, until recently.
                    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Dying alone, being unloved, death by asphyxiation, great white sharks, sexual assault, and dying without doing anything to improve the world around me.

Comment

Being buried alive, not being good enough for anyone to truly be happy with in a relationship, and bears. Oh my god, bearsbearsbearsbearsbears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shavedbear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	351905

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                        Mirrors ^.^ haha

They are a friend and an enemy all at once!

Honestly though, probably dog attacks. I go cycling and walking on my own a lot. It does scare me if I see a wandering bigger dog, although I've probably only had just one attack (kind of) in my whole life.

I have a friend who has a gift with dogs. She was walking to work and a rather large wandering dog just came up to her and put his front paws on her shoulders (she's pretty short!). She loves them and they love her.
                        Ooh, dog attacks. Totally neglected to mention that one. Aggressive dogs freak me out pretty badly. There's a back road to my neighborhood that has some badly watched after dogs who have been known to gang up on people. They once tried to back my mom into a corner, a bit like wolves do on the hunt. I don't go back there, anymore.

Mirrors can be pretty freaky, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Quin7900 View Post
                          What are your greatest fears? If you don't mind sharing.
                          I have 2 1 is loosing my loved ones and second is what will be after death I mean what will happen to me after death what will I answer to God

Comment

Right now? That both of my kids want to be cops. Seriously. This is eclipsing all the normal parental fears, because of the likelihood that it will actually happen.

Comment

Not heights, per se... I'm happy hiking, sitting on the edges of cliffs, that sort of thing. Just... ledges, going very high up spiral staircases, that sort of thing. I nearly had a panic attack when I visited a building from the Civil War: they let people climb to the top of the watchtower, and I started freaking out halfway up, and ended up crawling down. I hadn't quite comprehended how extreme my dislike of heights was until that point.

But leaning over waterfalls or sitting on cliffs does nothing to worry me. I'm an odd duck(who is suddenly missing New York a lot).

Comment

Oooo centipedes :S Spiders, snakes, anything. But not centipedes. *shudders*

- - - Updated - - -

^Also the only animal I will not hesitate in yelling 'KILL IT! KILL IT!'

- - - Updated - - -

And now change animal to creepy evil creature.
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment