This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary 8D!

I'm so excited! I've been a whovian since I was TINY. I was weaned on VHS cassettes of it. If you're a whovian, what are you guys doing to celebrate it?!?!

(this thread could steer dangerously towards "plugs" territory, since I'm working on a project to sell for the 50th, so if so I apologize)
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: Doctor Who 50th Anniversary 8D!

Well, my son says he's having fish-fingers and custard that night. I can't wait either - David Tennant is *my* Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
      Well, my son says he's having fish-fingers and custard that night. I can't wait either - David Tennant is *my* Doctor.
      Patrick Troughton is mine, or maybe Paul McGann, or Matt Smith... Okay I love all the Doctors ;_; I can't help it lol.

Fish fingers and custard! You know, I kept saying I was going to try that, and never did... I guess I know my 50th snack !

Comment

Urgh. I'm glad I'm a veggie, or he might've tried to talk me into it as well.

Comment

I'll let you know if you're missing out and should get some imitation fish sticks sometime XD

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
            David Tennant is *my* Doctor.
            I met him in London two years ago. I flew from Canada to go watch him in Much Ado About Nothing (fabulous, by the way), and I met him and got his autograph, as well as Catherine Tate.

He's a really nice guy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              I met him in London two years ago. I flew from Canada to go watch him in Much Ado About Nothing (fabulous, by the way), and I met him and got his autograph, as well as Catherine Tate.

He's a really nice guy.
              Its official.

I am now more jealous of you than any one else on this forum.

You have lived the dream.

I'm glad he was so nice

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                I'll let you know if you're missing out and should get some imitation fish sticks sometime XD
                If I find some, I'll do it, it's a promise.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

He's a really nice guy.
                You are so very lucky. He seems like a lovely bloke. And Catherine Tate is fantastic.

Comment

Tennant is the Doctor I started on. I'd been avoiding the show because I was in my mid teens when the reboot started and I was in my "I'm too mature for kids' shows" phase. Got bored one day, the Blink episode was on, watched it, fell in love.

Karen Gillan then stole the entire show as far as I was concerned. By the end of Smith's first season, I was watching it solely for her, so my interest has waned a bit since she left. Hopefully the new guy'll spark my interest back up.

Incidentally, despite now knowing a ton of foreign fans, I still find it slightly odd when I see Doctor Who fans from outside the UK xD
                  Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                    Tennant is the Doctor I started on. I'd been avoiding the show because I was in my mid teens when the reboot started and I was in my "I'm too mature for kids' shows" phase. Got bored one day, the Blink episode was on, watched it, fell in love.

Karen Gillan then stole the entire show as far as I was concerned. By the end of Smith's first season, I was watching it solely for her, so my interest has waned a bit since she left. Hopefully the new guy'll spark my interest back up.

Incidentally, despite now knowing a ton of foreign fans, I still find it slightly odd when I see Doctor Who fans from outside the UK xD
                    Karen is great! You probably already know, but she's going to be in a Marvel movie soon! YAY!

Also, I got Some Doctor Who stuff to celebrate the 50th:
                    The DVD's of Shada, The Mind Robber, and the Reign of Terror (which I'd never seen before as it had missing episodes! Which they animated!)

And Lawrence Miles' "The Book of the War" book. I love Miles !

Comment

Hopefully it will be ok, I've found some of the recent scripts and story lines to be quite poor over the last few series. I was really suprised at how poor I thought Neil Gaiman's episode was I love his work but that episode was just derivative trash

I think Peter Davison is probably the Dr I liked most ( he signed a cricket ball for me when I was a kid ), I'll never forget poor Adric
                      That said, I dont really dislike any of them, they all had their bad and good stories, its just a shame the majority of RTDs stuff has been pants

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic discord View Post
                        Hopefully it will be ok, I've found some of the recent scripts and story lines to be quite poor over the last few series. I was really suprised at how poor I thought Neil Gaiman's episode was I love his work but that episode was just derivative trash

I think Peter Davison is probably the Dr I liked most ( he signed a cricket ball for me when I was a kid ), I'll never forget poor Adric
                        That said, I dont really dislike any of them, they all had their bad and good stories, its just a shame the majority of RTDs stuff has been pants
                        I cried so hard as a kid when Adric died. And I still do honestly.... Peter Davidson was great. I just checked out one of his adventures from the library and I'm going to watch it tonight actually "Terminus"!

The most recent seasons have been my favorite of the new show, and I adored Neil Gaiman's script XD. But actually, I think my favorite thing about Doctor Who is its big enough that both of us can be fans of the show, and like and dislike totally different parts of it and still be fans. The show changes all the time, and never sits still! Some of the changes don't suit some people, but it always swings back around eventually.

Gah, I could gush about this show all day lol.... Glad there are whovians here !

Comment

Its today its today its today its todaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy 8d aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

it is!!! I'm excited and terrified all at the same time
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

my family and I just watched the Docu-Drama an Adventure in Time and Space, I cried so hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X