This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malevolent Spirit/ Ghost Haunting

My new college is REALLY haunted (which I adore), but my friend's dorm room is haunted by this girl...

She's 12 or 13, and she has become a righteous pain in everyone's arse.

She knocks stuff over, makes loud noises, keeps blowing on the back of people's necks, locking us in, she keeps ripping the covers off, laying down next to my friends, and shes recently taken to hiding items (such as my friend's engagements ring and right boot.)

A friend of mine did a cleansing of the room, hoping that will help, but nothing has happened.

Any ideas of stuff I could do to help?

Re: Malevolent Spirit/ Ghost Haunting

I'd suggest you try to find out who she is. If she has a long history with the college you probably will not be able to do anything except try to reach an agreement with. If she was a violent death or a homesick created spirit then the odds are she is not going to settle easily. At worse you may find that she is tide to an item at the college and possibly in or near the room itself in which case until that item is found and removed nothing you do will change anything.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

A ghost is simply the spirit of someone who has remained on earth for whatever reason, usually sort of "attached" to a place where significant events of their life's had place. Now this isn't a ghost, but a poltergeist, which in my definition is just a really noisy ghost.

Your best bet is to either release it of it's suffering by giving it the thing it wants...
      Or just plainly destroy/banish the ghost.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Like Monsno said, ask her to leave or just to stop, and if not try to find out what you can about her. if she is, attached to an object or even the room itself, i have a banishment spell for a similiar situation taht i helped my friend with once i could always send you that.

another thing id say is, its uni right? soisnt that spirit just another part of the universities character, like a specific building, or story, or photo? i know a mischivious spirit can be a pain and normally id say just get rid, but to be a bit of a weirdo, are you want to get rid of a piece of the uni's character and spirit haha
        Last edited by Kahlenda; 28 Aug 2013, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
          A ghost is simply the spirit of someone who has remained on earth for whatever reason, usually sort of "attached" to a place where significant events of their life's had place. Now this isn't a ghost, but a poltergeist, which in my definition is just a really noisy ghost.

Your best bet is to either release it of it's suffering by giving it the thing it wants...
          Or just plainly destroy/banish the ghost.
          I'd say try that on Resurrection Mary or the Bell Cave Witch. A lot of people talk about banishing or destroying ghost but I find that seldom works unless the ghost was only an impression that is time stamped and not physical self aware and active. Most often it seems the only way to remove them is to remove the object to which they are connected or destroy the building to which they are attached.

I do agree if it's as active as the OP is suggesting it's more likely to be a poltergeist or an entity that tries to pass itself off as a young girl. I will say though that an attempt to do a cleansing can also back fire and create a really hostile spirit.

I am curious as to how the OP determined the presence is that of a 12 to 13 year old girl? The age almost seems to suggest poltergeist as that is one of the prime ages and gender equations for activities.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Most often it seems the only way to remove them is to remove the object to which they are connected or destroy the building to which they are attached.
            Even that doesn't always work.
            I would probably try protection spells and charms first. If that is unsuccessful try to talk to the thing. If that doesn't work try a banishing.
            Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              Even that doesn't always work.
              I would probably try protection spells and charms first. If that is unsuccessful try to talk to the thing. If that doesn't work try a banishing.
              OH I agree with that. The ones I think cause the most problems are the revengeful spirits such as the Estonian Revenant. They seek revenge or justice with such a hatred that nothing seems to appease them unless its getting justice or revenge upon whomever or whatever caused them their deaths. Luckily what the OP is saying doesn't sound anything like a vengeful or vengeance seeking spirit. Doesn't really sound like any of the conditions that might be recognized as the restless dead.

Comment

Did you try asking her to chill? Heck, get the kid some entertainment. There's this episode of Star Trek--DS9 where they encounter a computer-based sentient life form that causes all sorts of trouble mucking about in the computer system, until Chief comes up with the idea of making it its own little computer wonderland and luring it in there and locking the door. The little guy is completely happy because it has everything it could possibly want, but contained enough that its entertained. Pretty much the super high-tech future version of a spirit trap. A spirit trap used to be a box with a small hole in it, where the interior was mirrored (sometimes it had a maze in it, or something that would rattle), that would act a entertainment and containment for troublesome spirits (I actually recommend making it something where the spirit is encouraged to use it, but not forced to). Basically, ask her what she wants, and make her a space to hang out and have those things within reason...tell her you don't mind playing from time to time, but you also have work to do.

Also though...don't rule out the mundane...its college. People stealing shit is more likely than not. I doubt that its changed that much since I was in college 15 years ago.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  OH I agree with that. The ones I think cause the most problems are the revengeful spirits such as the Estonian Revenant. They seek revenge or justice with such a hatred that nothing seems to appease them unless its getting justice or revenge upon whomever or whatever caused them their deaths. Luckily what the OP is saying doesn't sound anything like a vengeful or vengeance seeking spirit. Doesn't really sound like any of the conditions that might be recognized as the restless dead.
                  There's billions of spirits that just mill around the world. Most are weak or lost or just gone in terms of mentality and can't even gather the energy to manifest. This doesn't sound anything like that. However I agree the manifestations are random enough that it's not likely to be unjust dead. My opinion is that it's just a ghostie that happens to like the college and has decided that it belongs to him/her/it. Maybe it went to the school, maybe it found the area and just likes it and decided to stay. Maybe it's trying to defend it's territory, maybe it just enjoys messing with them. Whatever the case it's clearly intelligent and can probably be reasoned with. If it can't be reasoned with then you can probably bind it out or outright oust it if you cared enough. Imo the progression for action is as follows : Simple personal protections>> Reasoning with it>> threatening>> banishing

Thal brings up a nice point. If the spirit is this intelligent the thing could just be bored. I would put a spirit trap somewhere between reasoning and threatening. Depending on the spirit and trap in question you can get different results. The point of most traps are to, well, trap spirits. They go inside and either are mesmerized by something (a mirrored surface or chimes or something) or get confused and stuck (by weird angles or doors or something). Spirits in general have a weird sense of time so this can occupy them for really long periods. Weaker minded spirits degrade in environments like that. Stronger and smarter spirits like yours have different results depending on personality. A true spirit trap is made where the spirit cannot get out and is either kept there indefinitely or until it can be cleansed/banished/released later. Think of it like a cage trap. Once you have your animal in a cage it's much easier to do what you want with it, be that execute it, tame it or release it elsewhere. Thal suggests basically making a spirit playroom more than a spirit trap, which is a valid option and probably more humane than the traditional trap. I've never thought of doing that myself (anywhere I go that's haunted either I leave or the spirit leaves before it's really needed) but I don't see why it wouldn't work
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                    Thal suggests basically making a spirit playroom more than a spirit trap, which is a valid option and probably more humane than the traditional trap. I've never thought of doing that myself (anywhere I go that's haunted either I leave or the spirit leaves before it's really needed) but I don't see why it wouldn't work

Yeah, I like the idea of taking something historical and funky, and making it a bit more benign and fun. I've never been bothered by anything myself. Like...places that give other people the creeps, ghosties that bother other people...I'm like the original ghost-buster, no vacuum attachment necessary. I came up with the idea of the "spirit playroom" (I like that!!) when a friend bitched at me for scaring off her ghost whenever I would visit (and I liked the crafty aspect of it).

<---puts the fun in funky
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Due to the time lapse (I'm in the UK) I didn't come upon this until later... but firstly, talk to whatever is there. You may think it's a 12 year old girl but if you're in Uni then it probably isn't. Not really. But it wants you to think that way.

You can sit down calmly and explain that you know you have to share, and you hope you can all get along, but you'd be really grateful if it didn't... WHATEVER. And keep the list short.

Thirdly, as Thalassa rightly says, try and entertain it. Give it something to play with - something bright and shiny is usually best. And tell it that this is for 'her' - you thought she'd like it.

When something does happen, it's often best to say, 'Okay, I know that was you. But that's enough for now, okay? Could you help me find...XYZ please?'

And if all else fails you either ignore it or - in Wales at any rate - you make one hell of a racket (noise) and start laughing at it. Better still - have a party in your room if that's allowed.
                      And good luck!
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

TL;DR

why the fuck is a 12 year old girl in a college dormitory?
                        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Cool thread. i have nothing to add. just watching the conversation- taking notes.

Comment

So, background time.

My college is built in a church village, and people used to live there all of their lives. Not to mention we're next to one of the biggest cemeteries in the US. But, so far 4 people have come into the room to try to deal with this ghost and we all think that its a 12 yer old girl, who is just causing issues for the fun of it.

And, we know that shes the one who took the stuff because we all got together and talked to her about returning the items and we left the room for a few hours and when we came back the items were replaced on the owner's desk.

My theory is that shes a little girl who died either near or in the dorm years ago (the building is about 200 years old), and when I read my tarot cards they said that she is tied to Sydney (one of girls living in the room that's having the most issues with her) because of how Sydney looks. That's the most I got out of it.

But, I do like the idea of the Spirit trap. We may try that tonight.

I'm usually chill with ghosts and spirits, but she's weirding out Sydney.

Anybody have any banishing spells or the like?

Comment

Just out of curiosity what is the name of the school? May find out it's a college today but in the past could have been anything, even a hospital of some sort. I will add that since it's next to a cemetery and possibly over top of land that was actually a cemetery you've got a lot of death energy surrounding the place.

Just my personal opinion but tarot cards don't do a whole lot to reveal anything about spirits or the deceased and why they do things. Especially because the deceased are no longer moving forward but are time trapped by whatever reason so the cards don't remain static in that aspect. Best results I've seen are Ouija Boards or seances of some sort where the medium speaks to the spirit. A psychic medium better though a physical medium may also pick up things from what is moved.

Just a suggestion but i'd take a tape recorder or other recording device and ask the question what the spirit wants then leave the recorder running and leave the room. May have to turn it up all the way to hear a response but odd's are it will answer if it rally wants to make its reason known. If no recorder is available you might try a tv or radio turned to a white noise channel and turn the volume up and listen for many times a spirit will also speak via that method. Never worked for me but i've heard a cell phone can also be used though i'm not sure i'd really want the dead calling me that way.

I will add the warning that you may not like the answer you get or what a high speed camera might capture with random pictures about the room. Not all things are friendly and want nothing more than to screw with the living.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              .. And if all else fails you either ignore it or - in Wales at any rate - you make one hell of a racket (noise) and start laughing at it. Better still - have a party in your room if that's allowed.
                              And good luck!
                              I've heard that said while I was stationed in Scotland back in the late 70's. Not only to get ride of many spooks but also many of the various types of Fae. The area I am from in the states has a lot of Scottish influences and you hear the loud party advise to get ride of spooks.

Comment

Working...
                              X