This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hedge/Nature/Green Traditions

I've always loved amber, it's so beautiful. I've never heard any of these myths before so thanks for sharing. I looooooove that amber tooth your getting!! It's so pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinx View Post
      I've always loved amber, it's so beautiful. I've never heard any of these myths before so thanks for sharing. I looooooove that amber tooth your getting!! It's so pretty.
      There must be more lore about Amber... I hope some others on this forum may know? I adore Amber as no two pieces are ever the same.
      My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Auseklis View Post
        There must be more lore about Amber... I hope some others on this forum may know? I adore Amber as no two pieces are ever the same.
        I'm sure there is more lore out there, I unfortunately don't know any. I'll have to look around and see if I can dig anything up. I have always loved Amber for that same reason. I once had a raw piece and it was gorgeous, it was so raw there was a bug fossilized in it! Sadly it went missing in my many travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinx View Post
          I'm sure there is more lore out there, I unfortunately don't know any. I'll have to look around and see if I can dig anything up. I have always loved Amber for that same reason. I once had a raw piece and it was gorgeous, it was so raw there was a bug fossilized in it! Sadly it went missing in my many travels.
          That is my dream piece to obtain some day... ith a bug in it.
          My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

I have met a number of Hedge Pagans who like to use human menstrual blood in ritual. Needless to say that collecting such blood can be a tiresome and messy ordeal. For those who like to use human menstrual blood there is a very easy way to collect the blood using a menstrual cup. Apparently the menstrual cup is also the cheapest and most hygienic form of menstrual product on the market. There are many brands out there but to give those an idea who have not heard of one before you can check out: http://www.divacup.com/
            I have found some very cheap menstrual cups on eBay however be sure to check they use a hospital grade 'safe' material for the manufacture of the product as health and safety of the individual must come first.

Comment

I just read a beautiful poem regarding the Hedge Witch and I thought I would share it....

Hedge Witch

She sits at night, spinning spells of love and luck,
              Splashes inscense over hair and hides it under a rock,
              Chanting affirmations through a darkened midnight mirror,
              Making talismans with earthly blessings for the wearer,
              Waxing moon, waning moon, full or half or crescent,
              She will make pain go away, or teach someone a lesson,
              Your deepest wishes she will grant, for that is what she does,
              She draws upon the ocean tides without a hint of fuss,
              But never will she use her power to hurt, or maim, or kill,
              A hedge witch only beckons love, but not against the will,
              An alter made from beauty with the softest female touch,
              And vestments worn with good intent, to teach us all so much,
              Next time you see a hedge witch, tilt your head and say hello,
              As she may find you love some day, and you might never know...

Eileen McGreevy - Oct 29, 2009

Comment

That is my dream piece to obtain some day... ith a bug in it.
                I wish I still had it. I frequent a lot of rock shops with my mom and that's how I found it. I found this piece yesterday.
                photo.jpg
                It looks like a little tiny egg. This picture doesn't do it justice but it's beautiful. I've been calling my dragon egg, and I got a cage for it so I can wear it as a necklace.

Comment

That a really lovely rock Do you get an energy from it, as in male or female or a personality of sorts? Sometimes I get that from rocks but not always... perhaps it is all in my head.

Comment

That a really lovely rock Do you get an energy from it, as in male or female or a personality of sorts? Sometimes I get that from rocks but not always... perhaps it is all in my head.
                    I definitely get energy from it but it hasn't pinpointed male or female. I haven't had much time to play around with it since I've been sick the last couple of days but I felt very attracted to it. Normally I don't ever feel like I have to have a specific stone but I there was no way I was leaving the shop without it. I do not think that it's all in your head though! I've heard other people say that as well.

Comment

Beltane/Samhain (Usini/Martini) is near in the Southern Hemisphere... I like to celebrate both for spiritual and 'commercial' reasons.

My families traditional USINI (Beltane) is celebrated on November 10th in the Southern Hemisphere...

My families traditional Samhain is called MARTINI on May 10th Southern Hemisphere...

Masked processions begin at Martini and continue all winter long until Meteni. The masked people are called kekatas or budeli (mummers) and they travel from neighbor to neighbor, paying surprise visits. Common costumes include the tall lady, the short man, a goat, a wolf, a heron, a bear, a horse, and a sheaf of grain. The costume need not be elaborate; the main goal is for the masked people to not be recognized. Kekatas make lots of noise, sing, dance, play jokes and games, etc., and then leave fairly quickly. The hosts, on the other hand, must be prepared for a visit at any time. They are expected to give kekatas food and drink and to have a clean house. A visit by kekatas brings blessings and fertility to the hosts. How we celebrate Martini at Dievseta: It is tradition for the people of Dievseta to celebrate Martini at the warm and welcome Stumbri home near Stevens Point, WI. All day the hosts prepare and bake aromatic dishes. People dressed in costumes arrive after dusk from their respective homes. First we rattle the windows and pound on the doors, insisting that the Stumbri let us in; once inside we happily dance around the house, singing and playing music. The evening continues with more singing, and sometimes with games and ghost stories inside, other times with a bonfire and ghoulish night walk outside.

I am very interested to hear how others who follow the Hedge/Nature/Green Traditions celebrate :^^:

- - - Updated - - -

Traditional Samhain/Martini family celebration with folk songs, costumes and a very cute girl in a black at costume.

Comment

Thank you for the invite to post along with you on this thread. Merry met, unfortunantly, I am currently the only witch in my family, so I generally just make a day of wandering the forest, eating what the green man provides for me and end the day out with a small fire on which i burn some incense and thank the god and goddess for the bountiful harvest of the year (this year was an awesome year, I had 9 foot tall tomato plants that produced and produced and produced).

Comment

Originally posted by lightfoot View Post
                          Thank you for the invite to post along with you on this thread. Merry met, unfortunantly, I am currently the only witch in my family, so I generally just make a day of wandering the forest, eating what the green man provides for me and end the day out with a small fire on which i burn some incense and thank the god and goddess for the bountiful harvest of the year (this year was an awesome year, I had 9 foot tall tomato plants that produced and produced and produced).
                          It sounds like you are living a beautiful and perfect green pagan lifestyle. I would love to hear more about your Green Man beliefs and ideals... my knowledge of the Green Man is limited by a few web sites and books I have read. Please do share.

Comment

A lot of people know him better as Cernunnos, or just The Horned one. Here where I live we most often see him embodied in the White tailed deer. I have personally seen him on two occasions, at least i beleive so, as a very large albino buck deer. If you follow along the lines of Cernunnos, he is the god of fertility, the underworld and the astral plane.

The Goddess Cerridwen is who I closely relate to for the female aspect of the divine, closely related to Hecate, she is the goddess of the moon, the grain goddess and is considered by some to be the goddess of the underworld and prophetic powers.

Comment

Originally posted by lightfoot View Post
                              A lot of people know him better as Cernunnos, or just The Horned one. Here where I live we most often see him embodied in the White tailed deer. I have personally seen him on two occasions, at least i beleive so, as a very large albino buck deer. If you follow along the lines of Cernunnos, he is the god of fertility, the underworld and the astral plane.

The Goddess Cerridwen is who I closely relate to for the female aspect of the divine, closely related to Hecate, she is the goddess of the moon, the grain goddess and is considered by some to be the goddess of the underworld and prophetic powers.
                              Thank for that information Lightfoot Do you prefer the classic Green-Man foliage character or the Horned-God character?

Comment

So glad I stumbled across this thread Thanks for all the info, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X