Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books on monsters, demonology, myths, etc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Books on monsters, demonology, myths, etc.?

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    Follow up to my initial post

The book near as I recall is The Popol Vuh though occasionally called the Mayan Book of the Dead. It serves as both a creation story but also touches upon the afterlife and similar concepts. There is another book called Mayan Book of the Dead Ceramic Codex that holds some similar information but is more of a academic study of the various codex stories contained in the pictographic carvings or codex's.
    Of course! The Popol Vuh! Yeah, you might wanna look into that one as well, GardenofShadows.

Comment

Two other books that might be of interest are:

Dion Fortunes Book of the Dead

This handbook helps the living assist the dying at the time of death. It teaches that the living must, first and foremost, understand the process that the soul goes through before they can help the spirit in its transition. Dion Fortune's Book of the Dead is a clear, concise, illuminating guide that explains the stages in the natural process of dying that each and every soul passes through from this world to the next. Fortune shows how traditional customs connected with the passing of a soul have their roots in psychic fact. For example, we place candles
      The BUDDHIST DEAD - Practices, Discourses and Representations
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Heh, I was going to suggest Konstantinos.
        Nocturnal Witchcraft, Nocturnicon, Summoning Spirits and the Gothic Grimoire are what I have read from him. Check him out if you are interested. I did find him a tad bit fluffy though, but not horribly fluffed.

Comment

Working...
        X