This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Raised Catholic (couldn't understand the 'guilty for being human' part) --> questioning --> Agnostic --> Atheist --> Militiant Atheist --> Basic Wiccan --> Buddhist --> Celtic/Nordic Wiccan who likes the Buddha.
    People are meant to be loved,
    And things are meant to be used.
    The reason the world is chaos is because
    People are being used and things are being loved.

Comment

Raised Jewish. Then I got into Native American spirituality and after that got interested in Wicca. Decided Wicca wasn't for me. Got into Shamanism/animism. Finally I found hard polytheism and got into Paganism in general. My path is evolving still.
      -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

Wiccan (worship of the earth and elements only, no rituals or anything)>Christian (Baptist>Non-denom>Catholic>non-denom)>Hindu>wiccan no rituals or magick, did do tarot for a while>Christian> Hindu Christian> Hindu Christian Wicca> Eclectic Wiccan who practices magick (which are simply prayers with candles for those who think it's crazy), tarot, fortune telling (it's a family thing, what can I say?), and I'm able to read peoples emotions and experiment when desired. <3

Comment

Christian (Church of England) > Atheist > Agnostic > Wiccan (well I called myself one because it was the first pagan path I came across but looking back I was never really one) > whatever random form of Pagan I am now.

Comment

Jehova's witness ==> Agnostic ==> dabbling ==> eclectic

Comment

Pentecostal Christian -> Agnostic -> Neo-Wiccan -> Theistic Satanist

Comment

Raised greek orthodox (but didn't practice) -> atheist -> college student -> pagan

Comment

Christian > atheist > agnostic > Wiccan > atheist again > Wiccan again

I went through a lot of spiritual confusion....

Comment

lutheran > chritsian > nothing > athiest > Hippie Tree Hugger > Wicca > Pagan > nuts with all the info > happily an Eclectic Pagan doing whatever i see fit

Comment

Christian questioning nothing/atheist questioning pagan.

Comment

Christian > Asatru

Yup. Pretty simple eh?
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

First learned a bit about Christianity in early teens, then rebelled and became Muslim, did that for 7 years then went to Buddhism, then Hindu teachings. Currently I practice Hindu Tantra and Norse paganism. By path can be better said to be Tantra and eclectic paganism. But to me Tantra is paganism, but no need to discuss that.

Comment

Christian>New Age>Pagan, and not at all that simply.

I was a Christian for the first 11-12 years of my life. Very Christian, in fact, although we almost never went to church. Mostly it was reading my (kiddie) bible and praying and listening to those sort of odd radio preachers who say that Scooby-Doo and rap music are manifestations of the devil and you shouldn't watch tv. Somehow that was mixed in with a complete and total belief in anything New-Age, though you have to wonder how. Maybe evangelists and New-Agers aren't so different. (I feel like that's a blasphemous sentence, but in this case I don't know who I'm blaspheming against.) So until the age of 12 I was a devout Christian, shocked that anyone was actually allowed to belong to another religion, who occationally wasn't allowed to watch tv or cartoons and collected crystals for healing purposes. You know, I used to think that my religious upbringing was kind of weird, but looking back on it now it just seems so typically American.

Anyways, after that I discovered, all at about the same time, mythology from other cultures, astrology, feminism and even more New-Age books. Feminism made me angry enough to stop calling myself Christian and the New-Age books were interesting enough to give me somewhere to go, but the real clincher was my refusing to be baptised. So for the next three years New Age was my path. Then when I turned 15 I started calling myself Pagan and that's been my designation of choice for about 7 years now. In that time I've gone from having no belief in anything to total belief in a God and Goddess pair, just a Goddess with no God, animist beliefs with no deity....lots and lots of beliefs, but all on a trial basis and all under the umbrella term of Pagan. That's where I am now.

Comment

For the longest time my mother preached of "Finding God in her garden" She of course was referring to her time of reflection to the christian faith while pulling weeds instead of going to our town's one church. She and my father were married in a Methodist church and for the longest time I considered myself as such because I lacked structured religious upbringing. However, this led to curiosity. Curiosity spread and at 19, I still can't pinpoint a single religion that makes complete sense to me. Wicca is what I have termed my set of beliefs as we share many, however many other Earth-based religions make sense and share some of my beliefs as well. I'm nineteen. I'll figure it out and change my mind. It's my prerogative.

Comment

I was raised in the Jehovah's Witness cult, but I disassociated myself when I was 17. I have been practicing elemental or kitchen witchery for 12 years. I study theology and all sorts of religious teachings to hone my spiritual personality. If and when I cast a circle, I call to deities from the Etruscan pantheon. The deities energy I feel connected to the most, even though I recognize I am just asking for and manipulating energy, are Diana and her brother Lucifero. I pull most of my visualization for ritual from La Vecchia Religione and am most interested in stregoneria italiana. I stay connected with Italians and Italian-Americans who practice and whose families have practiced, whether they believe in magic and witchcraft or if they are devout Catholics.

Comment

Working...
                                X