• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

[quote author=Storm link=topic=806.msg14683#msg14683 date=1290107963]
    Mormon ----> Nothing ----> Alexandrian Wiccan ----> Shamanic Pagan
    [/quote]

You started out Mormon, Storm?!

If I knew that before, I totally forgot!
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Atheist -> Christian -> Pentacostal -> Baptist -> Non-demoninational Christian -> Floating -> Dabbler in Wicca -> Kemetic Reconstructionism -> Kemetic
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=806.msg14694#msg14694 date=1290109261]
        You started out Mormon, Storm?!

If I knew that before, I totally forgot![/quote]
        I don't think I've ever posted my religious origins before so you probably didn't know. My father was Bishop of the Mormon Church in Lynchburg, VA when I was growing up. I can't honestly say I know much about Mormonism any more. I was the kid who sat by the window just waiting for church to let out so I could go catch salamanders in the creek, but I was baptized into the church and attended until I was 12.

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=806.msg14573#msg14573 date=1290091113]
          It's not an absolute zero, it's a relative zero. Just convert it from Celsius to Kelvin.
          [/quote]

For this, you RULE!
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Born Baptist Christian ----->"I don't believe Jesus was the literal son of God and died for my sins, but I go to church anyway." during middle school and highschool------->began studying Wicca/Paganism in highschool ------->Agnostic -------->General Pagan ------>Judaism ------> General Pagan trying to meld paganism and Judaism into one.

Comment

Catholic--> Nothing--> Christian--> Confused--> Pagan (general for now, have not specialized)
              sigpic

Comment

I thought, since many have mentioned agnosticism as part of their progression, I have never believed that it was possible to know if there is/are (a) god/gods... so, technically, I am, and always have been agnostic, at every step of my progression.
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=806.msg15899#msg15899 date=1290408174]
                  I thought, since many have mentioned agnosticism as part of their progression, I have never believed that it was possible to know if there is/are (a) god/gods... so, technically, I am, and always have been agnostic, at every step of my progression.
                  [/quote]

Ditto this.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=806.msg16041#msg16041 date=1290443980]
                    Ditto this.
                    [/quote]

me three, lol!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Agnostic with Shamanistic leanings (didn't realize what I believed and was doing was shamanistic till much later) > Celtic Recon > Draconic Magick > integrated Alchemy and some Chaos Magick techniques into my practice.
                      -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
                      (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

RLDS (now Community of Christ) -->Agnostic-->Agnostic with Pagan leanings-->Practicing Witchcraft-->Wicca-->Eclectic Pagan with strong Wiccan leanings.

Comment

born-->same as i am now, but didn't know what to call it-->pretended to be baptist 'till 5-->pretended to be atheist 'till 16-->figured i was more pagan'ish than anything else but still follow my own way.

Your brain is a part of reality, and, as such, is privy to its darkest secrets.

Comment

Jewish--> Vaguely Universalist --> Ecclectic Polytheist--> Slavic Polytheist.

That's with periods of agnosticism and doubt, but even when I was considering atheism I had a default or favored religious view.

If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Raised Christian > searching for deeper meaning in Christianity > long time of nothingness aside from security in my NON-Christianity > Searcher > Agnostic, Panthetistic Pagan.

May it be noted that I will always be a searcher, and probably always be militantly agnostic.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Baptised > Not bought up religiously > Pagan
                                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X