X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: What's your progression?

Umm . . . I don't even know anymore . . .

*Thinks really hard*

Here it goes . . .

Mommy-is-nice-to-me -> Why-does-that-happen -> Child Christian -> Forced Christian -> Christian -> Conservative Christian -> Christian -> Deist -> Atheist -> Wiccan -> Atheist -> Pagan -> Pagan-ish -> Pagan/Atheist -> Transtheist

I know that I'm missing some stuff, but it's close enough.
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

christian>>lazy christian>>agnostic>>atheist>>wi ccan>>eclectic pagan>>roman reconstructionist.
        SPQR

Comment

Let's see: Baptist - nondenominational Christian (when Dad was a preacher) - Pentacostal (the scariest people) - nothing - Mormon - nothing- Pagan. The nothing to Pagan was not an overnight thing.
          Sleep, my friend, and you will see
          That dream is my reality

Comment

Born and raised in Christian flavoured agnosticism with Pagan undertones-----> Agnostisim-----> Atheism----> 'Toaism is kinda cool' -----> Agnostic learning about Wicca -------> Agnostic depressed, thinks she's doomed Christianity because she dosnt fit with Wicca ---------> Agnostic realising she can just be an earth lovin Pagan ---------> Pagan -----> Pagan with doubts ----> Pagan ------> Pagan with doubts ------> Unitarian? --------> Pagan----> Pagan with doubts -----> Pagan....

Mostly I wander around in a haze of awe and or confusion lol.

Comment

[quote author=Kara link=topic=806.msg24380#msg24380 date=1293132463]
              Mostly I wander around in a haze of awe and or confusion lol.
              [/quote]

This made me grin, because that's basically how I do things too.

Comment

Nothing>>Agnostic>>Vaguelly Wiccan-ish>>Generic Pagan>>Norse

Comment

Born to nonpracticing Freewill Baptists--->became obsessed with religion at a young age and flirted with countless systems--->became obsessed with Catholicism particuliarly, parents fought it tooth and nail--->finally allowed to convert, become a zealot to a frightning level--->realize in high school, "Oh, crap...this gay thing might be a problem."--->spend years torturing myself physically (think: mortification of the saints, whips and all)--->start flirting with other paths to cool down, namely Buddhism and Judaism---> College, opening my mind up, questioning everything, leaning towards other paths, meetings with Reformed Jewish Rabbi and also with Buddhists--->Focus on Goddess worship, Dianic sort of interpretation of Paganism--->Back to Christianity/Catholicism but liberalized--->Leaning towards Agnostic thanks to an amazing Atheist friend--->Atheist but quiet about it--->Militant Atheist

Comment

Fundamentalist Baptist; Christian (went sectless for a while); Religion Seeker/Eclectic; Babylonian Pagan Revivalist; Atheist; Atheist with pantheist lean; UU atheist with pantheist lean. Though I go to the UU because my friend from work goes, should that really count? Its a community thing.
                    I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
                    I became Abdishtar this spring.
                    Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

- Mainline Protestant Christian.
                      - Christian, but confused and searching.
                      - Spiritual of the new-age persuasion, but non-religious for a couple of years while I dealt with letting go of some baggage from Christianity.
                      - Vaguely pagan and henotheistic.
                      - Canaanite polytheist.
                      "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
                      Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

I was raised catholic but I hated the hypocrisy of it, so I did some searching and found wicca. Wicca was the gateway to Pagan and now I'm leaning toward Heathen.
                        It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

-Mildly Christian for a short time in my childhood. Like, kindergarten and a year after at most.
                          -Wiccan
                          -Egyptian Wiccan
                          -Egyptian Pagan
                          -Spent a year or two all over the place - Christian, Hindu, Shinto, Santeria... was going through a really hard time, definitely reflected in my spiritual path.
                          -Kemetic Reconstructionist
                          -Kemetic Orthodox
                          -Kemetic Wiccan
                          -Hedgewitch (with a lot of Kemetic and kitchen influence)
                          Last edited by Gardenia; 04 Feb 2011, 09:52.
                          Hearth and Hedge

Comment

-Read Bible stories and said bedtime prayers, but parents never shoved religion down my throat
                            -Fell in love with Christianity and became a devout Methodist
                            -Started realizing I didn't agree with everything the Bible said in high school
                            -Discovered Paganism and started researching
                            -Tried out Christo-Paganism
                            -OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS OTHER GODDESS TALKING TO ME?! OTHER GODS DON'T EXIST! *hides*
                            -Okay Morrigan, if you stop bugging me during EVERY SINGLE MEDITATION I do, I'll listen to what you have to say
                            -Explored Norse and Celtic polytheistic paths
                            -Eclectic Celtic hard polytheist

Comment

- Forced Episcopalian ( It was real loud at my folks house on Sundays)
                              - Many years not thinking about it.
                              - Thinking about.
                              - New Age stuff for awhile.
                              - Getting into a major discussion with my older sister about religion and her telling me "look you dolt your Pagan just like me!"
                              - Reading Drawing Down The Moon (Thanks Corbin) by Margot Adler. Followed by anything I could get my(Don't go there) hands on.
                              - Closeted Pagan.
                              - Came out as a Eclectic Pagan in my 53rd year.
                              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Orthodox Jewish, Reform Jewish, Eclectic Pagan, Wiccan, Eclectic Pagan, Christian (have no clue what I was thinking), Reconstructionist Judaism.

Comment

Working...
                                X