Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Not Christened or Baptised
    Sorta-half-arsed brought up sorta-Christian
    Learned about paganism from my gran at about 7-8
    Wicca.
    Druidry.
    Athestic pagan.
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Anglican
      kinda pantheist
      dabbled in wicca
      settled on Celtic polytheism

Comment

Pan-Christian>>> Satanist>>> Baptist>>> Atheist>>> Pan-Christian>>> Wiccan (for a second)>>> Druid>>> Celtic Blend>>> Celtic Recon>>> In the Process of Discovery

Comment

True Blue Mormon(so true blue I even served a mission)
          Shaken individual looking for answers
          Wiccan
          Eclectic Witch(this includes pieces of Wicca and Hinduism and probably a few others I havent named LOL)
          Last edited by Lady Lotus; 18 Jun 2011, 14:51.
          sigpic
          My Blog...http://scribsquabs.blogspot.com/

Comment

Catholic --> Wiccan Witch (more of a Fluffy Bunnie/teen angst "phase") --> Agnostic --> Atheist --> Questioning/Searching --> Christian-ish (it felt nice and familiar, but still questioned the actual beliefs)--> Questioning/Searching --> Pagan --> Pagan Witch

I'm still planning to keep right on questioning and searching and keeping an open mind. There doesn't seem to be one religion that fits all of my beliefs, but "Pagan" fits nicely.
            Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher (vegan WW blog)

"Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today, well-lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope." --Sanskrit

Comment

I was raised by a hypocrityal minster who believed do as I say, not as I do. Nondenominational hypocritical, lol. I have been spiritual, raised my children non-denominational Christian with open minds and a love for learning (we celebrated our gifts despite the teachings of the church and society) and here I am, Celtic Reconstructionsit Druid. :-)
              Love and Light,
              Mystical Journey
              www.lifesmysticaljourney.com
              http://lifesmysticaljourney.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mystical Journey View Post
                I was raised by a hypocrityal minster who believed do as I say, not as I do. Nondenominational hypocritical, lol. I have been spiritual, raised my children non-denominational Christian with open minds and a love for learning (we celebrated our gifts despite the teachings of the church and society) and here I am, Celtic Reconstructionsit Druid. :-)
                Welcome to the forum! While I can't link it because I'm on a mobile device right now, be sure and post a full intro, too. That will let everyone get to know you
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Hey Deseret Rose,
                  I totally did post an introduction and am looking foward to getting to know all of you.
                  You mentioned being on your cell, is there an app. that will work with this site?

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                  Welcome to the forum! While I can't link it because I'm on a mobile device right now, be sure and post a full intro, too. That will let everyone get to know you
                  Love and Light,
                  Mystical Journey

Comment

We don't have an app right now, but that's something to consider for the future...hmm..
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Christian (Baptist) -> teenage in yo face for shock value witch -> pondered converting to Catholicism -> nothing -> exploring eastern religions -> agnostic -> leaning more toward Paganism again -> confused and guilty -> Pagan -> guilty -> Pagan -> one big confused mess (with Pagan and Buddhist leanings).

Comment

I like the end "one big confused mess (with Pagan and Buddhist leanings)."
                        Love and Light,
                        Mystical Journey

Comment

TBW as an infant.
                          Agnostic as a child.
                          Ohh, Magic, "gotta have that" as an adolescent.
                          Rebellious non-conformist as a late teen.
                          Ohh, real magic in my early 20s.
                          Religion of Biker through 20s.
                          Revisiting TBW late 20s/early 30s.
                          Religion of "normality" through 30s
                          Stregheria 40s
                          Buddhism/eastern paths later 40s
                          Wica/eclectic/Goddess related 50s
                          Stregheria revisit.
                          TBW once more, now seriously.
                          Gnostic/Luciferian late 50s.
                          TBW as a core, importing many traditions aspects.
                          One big confused mess during current psyche shakeup.

*pause for breath*
                          Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Comment

(earlier was male entity of Verlingus - this is femme entity of Verlingus) I was raised in the Jesus Loves me genre of the 60s and 70s, but I secretly believed no one could. There was evidence that the spirits around me loved me because they would tell me things about people and places that no one else knew, I believed that I flew out my window every night and visited people I loved that I only saw once in a while. I would tell them I loved them and fly home. I knew that the only safe place for me was in nature, so I stayed in it from dawn to dusk with my brothers, exploring everything and everywhere. We knew no boundaries. That was my religion, books - every book I could get my hands on were my tools. As I grew older, I just wanted to help people. I had healing hands and I used them on babies and anyone who was sick or dying. I resided at a lot of sick beds when I was a preteen. It shaped the way I saw life and death. I felt instinctively that all people were the same, connected, messes that was not reflected in any religions, but I found a resonance in Native American beliefs. My Grandmother taught me so much from the time I could hold a flour sieve how to heal people with food, and herbs. I found a great solace in Moon Magick, and Nocturnal Magick, I pull what I need from different paths, including LHP, Stregheria. I find that the more I read, the more I experience the more comfortable I am in my own soul. However, my world was turned on end and shattered. I am still picking up the pieces bit by bit and it is very strange to have lost my center. I am seeking truth while being in the moment as much as possible.
                            Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Comment

Oh... lets see... Christian (Baptist=>Presbyterian=>Pentecostal) => {Fluffy Bunny Pagan => Pentecostal => Fluffy Bunny Wiccan => Pentecostal => non-denominational Christian => Fluffy Bunny Wiccan} (all in two years) => Three years of strict not saying what I beleive and doing lots of research => Wiccan => Found Eastern Religions = Totalist (I kinda don't think anyone is right, but also think that everyone is right and I don't like saying Unitarian Universalist because the feeling I get from them is more like they accept all beleifs but only beleive in a particular path whereas I honestly beleive that the beleifs of society bring about reality so by beleiving in something it become real. A friend of mine started calling me a Totalist and I liked it so I stuck with it.)
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Christian > Witchcraft > Eclectic Pagan > Currently enjoying floating in a non-defined state of all and nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X