Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I understand this but now my head hurts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I understand this but now my head hurts...

This is kind of one of those things that changes EVERYTHING but nothing at the same time.

Re: I think I understand this but now my head hurts...

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/ph...aign=nova_next

This is kind of one of those things that changes EVERYTHING but nothing at the same time.
    Indeed. To me it hardly seems any different from what I already believe. I don't think the universe has a real "beginning" though. It just goes through cycles, changing "shape" on occasion.

Comment

Sounds pretty plausible to me.

Comment

So, in other words, we still have no fudging idea of how the universe began.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

^Sean has pointed out a known truth,we in fact only know stuff happens with a vague hint that it happens for some reason.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
            So, in other words, we still have no fudging idea of how the universe began.
            This.

It's all just theories. And scientists spending hours and dollars trying to prove each other wrong and jack up their own theory.

Will we ever know The Truth? Probably not. At least not in our lifetimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              This.

It's all just hypotheses. And scientists spending hours and dollars trying to prove each other wrong and jack up their own hypothesis.

Will we ever know The Truth? Probably not. At least not in our lifetimes.

^fixed

Ya know, I get sick of physiscists calling every other thing under the sun a flipping theory. You need evidence for a theory. And, IMO, a computer model is not evidence...its fancy speculation with complex math and pretty CGI.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Just so.

I totally admit that I didn't appreciate the scientific difference between a theory and a hypothesis. But I like the distinction. And the example. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                  Just so.

I totally admit that I didn't appreciate the scientific difference between a theory and a hypothesis. But I like the distinction. And the example. lol
                  lol...I studied biology in school and work as a professional in a science field, though not biology. I appreciate the difficulty of physicists in coming up with a theory of the origin of the Universe, I just sort of lament over calling it a theory without shit-tons of evidence that can't be interpreded differently. You see similar problems in the origins of life among biologists. I just think the theory vs hypothesis issue is what causes problems outside the scientific community, and I wish scientists used it more stringently.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X