This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about Islam (Ask Away!)

My neg rep also serves a purpose of the forum. When trolls come to visit, they tend to hit up the 'evil' poster and show what a badass they are. I'm just bait for Mo.:=I:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That,and ya know Duce looks really good in Red...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        So if you like something, you neg it, not pos it.
        The best way to express an opinion when repping Medusa is to make a comment when you give rep. Some people + good things with her, others - good things. Just add a comment. Either way, no one will have an actual significant effect on her rep (it's -99 million and lots of change).

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        My neg rep also serves a purpose of the forum. When trolls come to visit, they tend to hit up the 'evil' poster and show what a badass they are. I'm just bait for Mo.:=I:
        :cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu:
        Last edited by MaskedOne; 08 Mar 2017, 13:14.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

The best way to express an opinion when repping Medusa is to make a comment when you give rep. Some people + good things with her, others - good things. Just add a comment. Either way, no one will have an actual significant effect on her rep (it's -99 million and lots of change).

:cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu:
          Should give a comment for your rep all the time any way i reckon.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I left a comment to Duce that it was from you through me.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I left a comment to Duce that it was from you through me.
              Haha thank you mi' desr
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                My question is about any image of Mohamed not being allowed,and why this is a part of the Muslim belief?
                Pictures of all prophets and messengers of God, including Jesus and Moses, peace be upon them, are not allowed in Islam because it creates a type of idolatry. As soon as people start giving these images religious value or higher status, they have taken the first step into associating creations with the creator, which is the biggest mistake you can do in Islam.

Evidence for this are plenty in the real world and history, for example, Christians lighting candles in front of a picture of Mary, or keeping pictures of saints with you for protection and so on.

Edit: What Medusa said is also very accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Soooo.....

If I ever end up in hell and feel a need to limit the amount of incoming company then I should start condemning people as loudly as I can in the hope that Allah shows them all mercy to spite me?

Can I exploit this feature while I'm still living? Preferably without eating a lightning bolt?

No. I'm not being particularly serious. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure that Allah will catch on to what I'm doing and return the favor in practical jokes (or large objects applied to my head, depending on his mood at the time). I just find the idea amusing.
                Judgement is over after one is already in hell or heaven. And yes, saying that so and so will never receive the mercy of God is something very bad to do, it's a sure way to earn negative points. But God doesn't just give those people mercy to spite others.

Of course, if you just want something you don't have to wait till after judgement or go through 'loop holes', you can just ask God straight for it. Even Satan, according to the Qur'an, went to God asking to postpone his punishment, cause he realized and knew God is his master, and God answered his prayer.

I just think, and who am I to say really, if you're going to ask for something anyways, and it's the extra room you want, wouldn't it be nicer to get a sweet place in heaven where options are a bit more than in hell? ;-) Just sayin, all you have to do is ask, and you shall receive, God willing.
                Last edited by Dumuzi; 10 Mar 2017, 06:11.
                [4:82]

Comment

Was pretty sure that wouldn't work out well. It just seemed like a funny picture to have souls in hell deciding to try and get people still living assured passage into heaven by collectively condemning said individuals at the top of their lungs. It's also possible my sense of humor is warped...
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Warped.....well perhaps just a little...I myself "Might" have warped into a new dimension....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Was pretty sure that wouldn't work out well. It just seemed like a funny picture to have souls in hell deciding to try and get people still living assured passage into heaven by collectively condemning said individuals at the top of their lungs. It's also possible my sense of humor is warped...
                      It is a quite interesting idea to say the least!

Comment

I want to apologize in advance for this - this is not my belief at all - but I have just been reading a bunch of junk by the likes of Mike Flynn et al., claiming that Islam is not a religion, that it is actually a political movement using religion as a mask.

How would you respond to something like this?

example, from Pat Robertson:

ROBERTSON: The question would be, ladies and gentlemen, if a million Christians want to go to Saudi Arabia and say, "We want to pray," you can't pray in Saudi Arabia. You can't have religious literature in Saudi Arabia. You can't get together in Bible study groups in Saudi Arabia. As far as having special places for foot-washing and all that, no way. You will abide by Sharia law because they're in control.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have to recognize that Islam is not a religion. It is a worldwide political movement meant on domination of the world. And it is meant to subjugate all people under Islamic law. In the Quran, it says it very clearly. There are two spheres. One is the Dar al-Harb, which is the realm of war. The other is Dar al-Islam, which is that part that's under submission to Islam. There is no middle ground. You're either at war or you're under submission. Now, that's the way they think.

Now, sure, over here, you've got Islam light and you've got all these various things, but the idea is we don't want just accommodation, we want to take over and we want to impose Sharia on you. And before long, ladies are going to be dressed in burqas and whatever garments they would put on them, and next thing you know, men are going to be allowed to have wife-beating and you'll be beheading adulterers and so on and so forth. That's Saudi Arabia. We don't want that here in America. If they don't like it here in America, then let them go to Saudi Arabia, to Kuwait, to Yemen, to all those wonderful nations around the Middle East.
                        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 17 Mar 2017, 10:52.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Isn't that what the Crusaders did with Christianity?
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Seems like this interaction between these two Abrahamic branches has been raging for a VERY long time. I suppose one should also include Judaic belief also. It is Ironic that these 3 seem to follow the same deity,but can not come to an understanding about how this worship should be handled.

Just my reasoning that religion can at times be one of the worst aspects of human interaction.(and this is just my considered opinion)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              Isn't that what the Crusaders did with Christianity?
                              That's bad.

But I can be worse - isn't it one religion trying to control the laws and behavior of their population by claiming to maintain a set of laws and behavior based on a holy book than to claim that some other religion is trying to control laws and behavior of their population by forcing set of laws and behavior based on a holy book.

(How's that for a linguistic mobeus strip?)
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                                I want to apologize in advance for this - this is not my belief at all - but I have just been reading a bunch of junk by the likes of Mike Flynn et al., claiming that Islam is not a religion, that it is actually a political movement using religion as a mask.

How would you respond to something like this?

example, from Pat Robertson:
                                Don't apologize! It's actually a very important topic that comes up a lot. So it has to be addressed. Now, there are many ways to answer this, and I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll just try to choose one way for answering this, but if you want me to focus more on other specifics I didn't directly address, please let me know!

The question would be, ladies and gentlemen, if a million Christians want to go to Saudi Arabia and say, "We want to pray," you can't pray in Saudi Arabia. You can't have religious literature in Saudi Arabia. You can't get together in Bible study groups in Saudi Arabia. As far as having special places for foot-washing and all that, no way. You will abide by Sharia law because they're in control.
                                The argument here is as follows, Saudi Arabia does X, therefor Muslims are (or Islam is) X.

The simplest way to answer this is to point out that the House of Saud formed Saudi Arabia in 1938, that's when this country was formed. Islam came about 1400 years before that.

And while he's right that Christians would face problems praying in Saudi Arabia, he's forgetting 2 important points:

1. Muhammad, the messenger of God, allowed his Christian visitors (The Najran Christians) to stay in his mosque and pray inside. As in, not only did he allow Christians to pray, they did it inside his own mosque! Here's a translation from a Sirah (biography) book:

"Ibn Ishaq said, "Muhammad bin Ja`far bin Az-Zubayr said that, `The (Najran) delegation came to the Messenger of Allah in Al-Madinah, entered his Masjid (Mosque) wearing robes and garments, after the Prophet had prayed the `Asr prayer. They accompanied a caravan of camels led by Bani Al-Harith bin Ka`b. The Companions of the Messenger of Allah who saw them said that they never saw a delegation like them after that. When their worship time came, they stood up to perform their worship in the Prophet’s Masjid. Messenger of Allah said: “Let them (worship)” and they prayed towards east."

2. Muslim nations across the globe are full of places of worship for non Muslims. Egypt has a lot of historic and beautiful churches. Actually, the Egyptian Pope used to live in exile, because the Roman Church persecuted and killed Egyptian Christians, it wasn't until the Muslims defeated the Romans in Egypt, that he was told to come back because it was safe now for him.

Also, in other countries like Afghanistan and Iran, things weren't always the way they are now. And I'm not speaking about ancient history, I'm talking about the 50's and the 60's. In Afghanistan universities were filled with women. Pat Robertson should really criticize his own government instead of Islam for how things changed there. During the cold war, his government decided to collect lunatics from around the globe to fight the soviets for them (see Rambo III for some laughs). When the war ended, those lunatics destroyed Afghanistan. In Iran they had a functioning democracy after revolting against the Shah. America directly interfered to bring that dictator back and catapult Iran to what it is today. So maybe Pat Robertson should have a word with his government officials for turning these countries into what they are today.

In the Quran, it says it very clearly. There are two spheres. One is the Dar al-Harb, which is the realm of war. The other is Dar al-Islam, which is that part that's under submission to Islam. There is no middle ground. You're either at war or you're under submission. Now, that's the way they think.
                                The burden of proof is upon him. Where exactly does the Qur'an say there are only two spheres? It's either a mistake out of ignorance or a lie. The Qur'an is very clear about matters of religious freedom and on how to treat non Muslims. There are many examples for these two topics but I'll mention two of them, that I think everyone should learn so you know how to answer and refute these people.

And if your Lord had willed, surely all those who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers? [10:99]

In other words, if God wanted to, he could have made all mankind believers, if that was his goal or will. Do YOU then want to force people to become believers against their will? Who do you think you are!

Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice. [60:8]

This is the clearest statement on how a Muslim should treat a non Muslim, who's not waging war against him, nor driving him out of his home. I would like to point out that the Arabic word translated as kindness here, is used in another place in the Qur'an in regards to how one should treat their parents. In other words, Allah has chosen the same word for kindness in how we should treat parents and how we should treat non Muslims. This puts an emphasis and elevates the treatment of non Muslims, and how important it is.

Now, sure, over here, you've got Islam light and you've got all these various things, but the idea is we don't want just accommodation, we want to take over and we want to impose Sharia on you. And before long, ladies are going to be dressed in burqas and whatever garments they would put on them, and next thing you know, men are going to be allowed to have wife-beating and you'll be beheading adulterers and so on and so forth. That's Saudi Arabia. We don't want that here in America. If they don't like it here in America, then let them go to Saudi Arabia, to Kuwait, to Yemen, to all those wonderful nations around the Middle East.
                                Quick replies. Something that will scare Pat Robertson is that most of the American laws are already in agreement with Islamic law. Dun Dun Dunnn! I should point out that there is no book called Shariah Law where Muslims get their rules, rather it is the laws and rules that can be derived from the Qur'an and Sunnah of the messenger of God. So you'll find many different opinions across the different schools of thought.

Women dressed in Burqas. As far as I know, only in Afghanistan do they have this law. In Iran and Saudi Arabia they also have a dress code for the head covering. No other country has this! And speaking of women and Muslims...

What is the biggest Muslim country in the world? (since we wanna talk about examples) It's Indonesia. About 220 million Muslims. They had a female President. Last time I checked Pat Robinson never had a woman as a president.

Maybe it's an exception? What's the second biggest Muslim country in the world? Pakistan. About 175 million Muslims. They had a female Prime Minister. Twice!

Exception? What's the third biggest Muslim country? Bangladesh. About 125 million Muslims. They also had a woman as President. So looks to me that most of the Muslim world has no issue with electing a woman to be the leader of the country, pretty cool if you ask me.

Anyways, I tried to cover all the points mentioned, but like I said in the beginning, if there's some area you want me to focus on, just let me know. Hope that helped!

Comment

Working...
                                X